Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
John Johanas and the rest of Tango deserve all the love shown towards them. Imagine making one of the best Xbox games this gen and getting closed by these exec bozos.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
barchart.jpg
Oh im fucking dying.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds like such a reach. Surely the bombing refers to the negative, destructive intent? We just don't have a term for the opposite.

You would be correct, Valve's own definition of review bombing:

Review bombing is where players post a large number of reviews in a very compressed time frame, aimed at lowering the Review Score of a game. At the same time, they upvote each other's reviews and downvote all the other reviews.

Jun 20, 2021
I just cannot comprehend Tango's closure.

I can wrap my head around Arkane Austin, their last game was a disaster but Tango's last game was a critical smash, won awards, made the money they wanted, everyone viewed it positively, it drove players to Game Pass and they were already in the process of pitching a sequel.

It's like Sony closing Insomniac.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what good this is gonna do, folks. The studio is already gone - you can't un-close a studio and un-fire all of its staff.

But I appreciate the sentiment, I guess. :(

Catchphrase

Nov 28, 2023
www.humblebundle.com

May 2024 Humble Choice

Get May 2024 Humble Choice and more when you subscribe for just $11.99 per month!

Reminder that it's available for $12 USD, along with Yakuza Like a Dragon and other games on Humble Choice
Time to buy it!

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I imagined this post might see some push back, but then...

...lol.

So odd for Mat to tweet out a graph or stat that's over-stating something... his tweet has 3x the likes than recent positive reviews in this "review bombing".

people in the HD2 review bombing thread called the 45 negative reviews on God of War a review bombing campaign against Sony.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I thought that was some backwards logic for a sec, they need to look for a better name.
How about they do the same for The Evil Within while they're at it?

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
It will invariably have some influx as it is also in this months very attractive Humble Choice.

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
Shouldn't it be a review boosting.

If the game is good enough to sustain this score on its own, which seems to be the case, I'm not too bothered by it. But all the high praise leading to new sales is only helping Microsoft, not the closed studio. It most certainly won't change the people in charge's minds about the direction they wanna take Xbox.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
This is very obivously what could be classified as a review bombing. It`s a large influx of reviews being added/changed in response to something often happenig outside of the actual game itself. Either this is a review bomb or nothing is.
Review bombing generally has a negative connotation, but it also implies that users are expecting/requesting some kind of change. None of that applies here.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I got real sad for a second there, but now I'm happy that it's a review glow-up… and now I'm sad again because this studio got shuttered.

Odinsmana

Mar 13, 2019
Review bombing generally has a negative connotation, but it also implies that users are expecting/requesting some kind of change. None of that applies here.
The part about expecting change is a fair point. I think it kind of applies gere since I assume the reviewers are trying to send a message to Microsoft, but it is a bit of a stretch.

Feb 6, 2024
It's a really good game and deserves the accolades/critical acclaim its received. I think this is one of MS's worst moves

My whole household fell in love with that game and my brother/his kids loved it at their home too.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Really getting into the weeds here over definitions when everybody understood what was happening based on the title.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
What's not to trust? Are they not being sincere?

I'm just not in favor of review bombing or review boosting of products because of circumstances that have nothing to do with the product itself.

OP pointed out it is review bombing, well, actually the term would be review boosting, and i'm not a fan of it.
If more people now buy the game, enjoy it and give it a good review fine, but that wouldn't be review bombing or review boosting.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
I edited my review to say that people should find some way to play the game without giving microsoft money/giving them as little as possible -- steam family share, existing gamepass sub, second hand (in the case of ghostwire), cheap aftermarket cd key etc.

Don't really see the point in rewarding the fuckers who murdered the studio.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Nv3p1Pz.png

Bit of a nothing burger this.

LOL. Even before seeing this post, things didn't line up in the OP. It was overwhelmingly positive overall and the recent influx of reviews is just very positive. That's more like a downgrade rating. If it maintains overwhelmingly positive for the recent reviews, that would be more impressive.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I'm just not in favor of review bombing or review boosting of products because of circumstances that have nothing to do with the product itself.

OP pointed out it is review bombing, well, actually the term would be review boosting, and i'm not a fan of it.
If more people now buy the game, enjoy it and give it a good review fine, but that wouldn't be review bombing or review boosting.
That doesn't make any sense. Why do you think the reviews are positive? Do you mean these people actually dislike the game but are for some reason unhappy with the studio closure... so they post a positive review instead?

The only thing this means is it's people who are happy with the game and haven't posted a review for one reason or another, until now. This closure simply triggered a reaction and got them to post a review for a game they like, and at the same time they can show solidarity with the studio. I don't understand what there is to distrust or dislike.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
That doesn't make any sense. Why do you think the reviews are positive? Do you mean these people actually dislike the game but are for some reason unhappy with the studio closure... so they post a positive review instead?

The only thing this means is it's people who are happy with the game and haven't posted a review for one reason or another, until now. This closure simply triggered a reaction and got them to post a review for a game they like, and at the same time they can show solidarity with the studio. I don't know what there is to distrust or dislike.

That is why i corrected my post even before you quoted me.
I don't see any review bombing like stated in the OP, it is nothing.

slothrop

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Aug 28, 2019
USA
Crazy enough it is in this Months Humble Bundle. The same day the closure was announced. So there are probably a lot of people just getting the game too

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping the team behind the game reorganizes and makes a spiritual sequel called Lo-Fi Rhythm Action to Chill/Study To