• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AstroLad

Oct 31, 2017
kNrIvi9.png
BDkgfpS.png

www.youtube.com

Steamed Hams, except It's a NES game from 1991

Steamed Hams, except It's an NES game from 1991Go! Beat Em Up Shirt - https://www.teepublic.com/user/penneydesign

Courtesy of criminally unknown channel Penney Pixels. Loved the attention to detail on the gameplay, which made me fake rage at the ridiculous difficulty of early-90s platformers, with their poor hit detection, disappearing sprites, and requirements to memorize levels in order to have a chance of beating them.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Space mutants is always a weird example. It's one of those games that's actually pretty well made and very fun if you can get past level 2 but it is also only good with the NES version.

OP
OP
AstroLad

AstroLad

Oct 31, 2017
Space mutants is always a weird example. It's one of those games that's actually pretty well made and very fun if you can get past level 2 but it is also only good with the NES version.
Yeah as someone who didn't have a NES this actually reminded me of Alf on the SMS, which was soooo terrible.

alfgame20.png

miraimatt

Oct 27, 2017
i know it's not the point, and this is totally just a specific personal thing, but i can't get past the ways in which this is not like an nes game from 1991

it is beautifully put together, though

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
if the episode aired in the early 90s I could actually see this being a thing, having grown up with those horrible simpsons NES games