• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
List Publishing Date: Sun, June 27th, 2021:
  1. Sea Of Thieves - RARE's Pirate adventure climbs to the apex of the weekly Global Top 10 Sellers thanks to a 33% off discount from 9th place from last week!

2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - GOTY Edition - The 2019 Game of the Year returns to the Global weekly rankings at 2nd place with a whopping 50% off discount!

3. Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition - Aloy's adventure game returns to the weekly rankings and lands at 3rd place thanks to a 40% off discount!

4. Forza Horizon 4 - The top tier racing series from Xbox like a few others, also returns to the Global weekly top 10 sellers and lands at no. 4 thanks to a hefty 50% off discount!

5. Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Master Chief's adventures returns to weekly rankings at 5th place thanks to a 50% off discount!

6. Valve Index VR Kit - Drops to 6th from 3rd place from last week.

7. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - PUBG comes back into the weekly rankings thanks to a whooping 50% off discount at 7th place.

8. Rust - Makes a comeback also at no. 8 with a 50% off discount

9. Forza Horizon 4 - Surprisingly another version of FH4 makes it to the top 10 rankings at no. 9. A great regionally priced game is always nice to see on a revenue chart in the top 10!

10. It Takes Two - Josef Fares's Co-op adventure drops to the last place of the weekly rankings and is also available to buy at a 25% off discount!
In comparison to this, here's last week(June 20th)'s List:
www.resetera.com

Steam's Weekly Global Top 10 Sellers, by revenue, for the week ending June 20th. #1. Dead By Daylight - R.E. Chapter #2. G.G. -STRIVE- #3. Valve Index Sales

Gets updated every Sunday and is ranked by revenue, not by unit sales. List Publishing Date: Sun, June 20th, 2021: In comparison to this, here's last week(June 13th)'s List...

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, surprised Scarlet Nexus isn't on there.

It peaked at 15,000 concurrent players and has 12,000 concurrent players right now, would've thought it'd rank somewhere.

Jan 4, 2018
Sea of Thieves be like

1X1sIZ.gif

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
Just imagine how popular Sea of Thieves would be if it had the wow factor of games published by other companies.🤔

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Console makers reaping the dividends of Steam releases week after week. SOT, Horizon, FH4, and Halo all consistently are in these lists.

I wonder how many players SOT has at this point.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
It's crazy that (especially now owning Bethesda) how Microsoft has basically become the biggest publisher on Steam.

Oct 25, 2017
A great regionally priced game is always nice to see on a revenue chart in the top 10!
Europeans are going to have a different opinion on Forza Horizon being a "great regionally priced" game. Microsoft has TERRIBLE regional pricing for Europe - charging 70€ instead of 60€ like other AAA publishers.

The 50% off sale fixes it for most people though.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Europeans are going to have a different opinion on Forza Horizon being a "great regionally priced" game. Microsoft has TERRIBLE regional pricing for Europe - charging 70€ instead of 60€ like other AAA publishers.

Yeah even if its great for a lot, Europe still gets a 10 euro increase however, the latest MS release aka AOEIV has a 60 euro price tag which is normal pricing I think.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Halo's going to be a juggernaut in terms of sales. First Halo release ever for PC on day 1.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020

Meh. Its on game pass so i dont care. I dont support the pricing and vote with my wallet by not buying it and use the alternative instead which i gladly support with my wallet.

Oct 25, 2017
Meh. Its on game pass so i dont care. I dont support the pricing. So i dont buy it and use the alternative instead which i gladly support with my wallet.
I'm not going to support Microsoft's piece of shit store with its terrible folder-locking. Or well, technically I did support it once because I got the cheap Gold conversion deal till May 2022, but there is 0% chance of me paying any more for this terrible service.

And seeing how well Xbox games are selling on Steam, quite a lot of other people are thinking the same!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I guess if future MS pricing goes back to 60 euros we'll for sure..but you're probably right.
I wish haha. The biggest issue i have with steam pricing from MS. Even more when its a older game. Forza Horizon was launched full price on steam.
They should have made its lower. Did wonders for Sea of Thieves to this day. I hate they price match to the console version of the MS store version. 70 euro cant be for a PC game and they limit themself.

I always said. They can sell a game for 60 euro steam and 70 euro on the MS store. Just say its more in the MS store because if play anywhere and you get two versions technically.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
I'm not going to support Microsoft's piece of shit store with its terrible folder-locking. Or well, technically I did support it once because I got the cheap Gold conversion deal till May 2022, but there is 0% chance of me paying any more for this terrible service.

And seeing how well Xbox games are selling on Steam, quite a lot of other people are thinking the same!
Sure. It works for me so as long as that is the case i'll keep using it.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
I wish haha. The biggest issue i have with steam pricing from MS. Even more when its a older game. Forza Horizon was launched full price on steam.
They should have made its lower. Did wonders for Sea of Thieves to this day. I hate they price match to the console version of the MS store version. 70 euro cant be for a PC game and they limit themself.

I always said. They can sell a game for 60 euro steam and 70 euro on the MS store. Just say its more in the MS store because if play anywhere and you get two versions technically.
Yeah there is a fundamental pricing
Issue with the FH4 STEAM release and I agree with what you just said also..

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Huh, surprised Scarlet Nexus isn't on there.

It peaked at 15,000 concurrent players and has 12,000 concurrent players right now, would've thought it'd rank somewhere.

I feel like a lot of people bought cheap keys for Scarlet. I know I kept seeing ads for them.

The big takeaway from this chart, at least to me, is that formerly console-only games are doing incredibly well on Steam.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
True. Though for Microsoft it has been a bit hit and miss. While Halo, Sea of Thieves and Forza have done really well, Gears of War kinda flopped on Steam.
While Gears 5 defiently didn't do great - it was also the largest launch of Microsoft game on Steam at the time. I almost feel like as MS is showing true support to steam, they will continue to have more and more success. I bet Gears 6 will do substantially better.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
While Gears 5 defiently didn't do great - it was also the largest launch of Microsoft game on Steam at the time. I almost feel like as MS is showing true support to steam, they will continue to have more and more success. I bet Gears 6 will do substantially better.

c5757RD.png

It maybe sold half a million copies on Steam at best.

In my opinion they should release a decently priced 'Fenix Collection' on Steam first. (Gears 1-3) and also release Gears of War 4 on Steam. Make it a bundle.

Now it's just one Gears game available on Steam and three mainline Gears games available on PC. With Gears of War 2 & 3 missing.