• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
List Publishing Date: Sun, October 31st, 2021:
  1. Age of Empires IV - With a Launch week CCU Peak of 73,928 players, AoE4 launches at No.1 Place in the Global Top 10 Sellers on STEAM, making it easily the most concurrently played Age of Empires game on STEAM, with AoE II: Definition Edtion at 38,725 CCU!

2. Age of Empires IV Preorder - The preorder edition of AoE4 returns to the Global Top 10 at 2nd place in this week's rankings!

3. New World - New World drops down one place to 3rd from 2nd from last week but still keeps selling great!

4. Back 4 Blood - B4B drops three places to 4th from 1st from last week.

5. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - Square Enix's Marvel Game charts at 5th place as a new entry in this week's rankings!

6. Football Manager 2022 Preorder - FM2022 preorder drops three places to 6th from 3rd from last week.

7. Age of Empires IV - Another edition of AoE IV manages to chart in this week's rankings making it 3 entries for it!

8. Inscryption - Inscryption drops to 8th place from 4th from last week.

9. Forza Horizon 5 Preorder - FH5 P.O. drops one place to 9th from 8th from last week.

10. Valve Index VR Kit - Drops five places to 10th from 5th place from last week.
In comparison to this, here's last week(October 24th)'s List:

www.resetera.com

Steam's Weekly Global Top 10 Sellers, by revenue, for the week ending Oct, 24th, 2021. #1. Back 4 Blood #2. New World #3. Football Manager 2022 P.O. Sales - PC - Valve

List Publishing Date: Sun, October 24th, 2021: In comparison to this, here's last week(October 17th)'s List: https://steamdb.info/topsellers/2021W41/

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Xbox doing work.

Its only going to continue with Forza Horizon 5 and Halo for the rest of the year.

B4B continuing to do well is also great.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Forza already hanging arround top 3 for some days. And we only have premium release this week.
Think it will do big numbers. Even FH4 hit like 40k peak players for a 3 year old game. This is brand new

store.steampowered.com

Steam Search

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope SE is gonna be happy with Guardians tho. I am not sure its doing well enough. Its only pc offcourse

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Wololo!

Amazing stuff from Age of Empires IV. Hope they will continue to support it like they are doing with Age 2.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
guardians only on #5, it feels like the game won't do as good as SE hoped it would. could this mean we'll get another deus ex next?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Congratulations to Relic Entertainment with this huge success. I'm very happy that a big RTS studio can still deliver a popular and critically acclaimed title.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah, sales for GotG (at least here) seem pretty muted. It's reviewing super well with players though so hopefully it has a nice long tail as word of mouth gets around.

Oct 20, 2021
At this point I really think Marvel IPs just aren't as popular in gaming.
Guardians should be the perfect game for fans. High budget, no mtx, no online. Just a big Single Player Blockbuster.

Sony knew what they were doing. Spiderman and Wolverine are popular even outside MCU fans. I don't think any Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Capt. America game would be successful.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guardians should be the perfect game for fans. High budget, no mtx, no online. Just a big Single Player Blockbuster.

Sony knew what they were doing. Spiderman and Wolverine are popular even outside MCU fans. I don't think any Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Capt. America game would be successful.
More like Square Enix did a very weird job marketing this. With most publishers, this would have sold way better.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

I just think companies have to adjust expectations. Guardians of the Galaxy movies make heaps of money, so of course the game had to! Thats how Square is looking at it. You are right though, Sony chose probably the two most popular Marvel characters. X-men in general is another who could stand on their own. Everyone else just needs to be lower budget I guess? or made by smaller studios.

Having said that, the interest in in this game seemed kind of muted from the start. I am not really sure why.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Half of the top 10 steam entries are on GamePass interesting...
I like to still buy my games for many reasons. One reason is because GamePass games cannot be easily modified. So, if I need to fix issues for ultrawide by hex editing its a no-go there to my knowledge

Bought MSFS 2020 at release (full price) and planning to do the same for FH5.

Well you only get to play as Star Lord.... I like the game but still contemplating refunding it and buy it later at 25% off because I hate not being able to play as the other Guardians

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
I like to still buy my games for many reasons. One reason is because GamePass games cannot be easily modified. So, if I need to fix issues for ultrawide by hex editing its a no-go there to my knowledge

Bought MSFS 2020 at release (full price) and planning to do the same for FH5.

Well you only get to play as Star Lord.... I like the game but still contemplating refunding it and buy it later at 25% off because I hate not being able to play as the other Guardians
Currently 20% off at GMG and don't have to pay tax. So pretty close to 25% off

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I wonder how GotG would have done if Avengers bombing wasn't such a mainstream story.

Hopefully good WOM changes the tone a bit and sets Midnight Suns up for success because I need that game to be a hit and get a lot of support for emotional reasons covered elsewhere on this forum lol

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
On PC that's not a surprise. On top of the client being terrible, many people would rather have their games on Steam.

As someone who prefers buying their games on Steam; I love how Microsoft can support PC games both with the value proposition and offering their games on Steam. I myself got Wasteland 3 during the Steam Sale rather than choosing to sub to Ganepass for a month to try it.