• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Last edited:

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
DJrmQ8yV4AA9JjX.jpg

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
It's no Silksong but it's the next best thing. I was gonna feel bad for whatever game was the last surprise announcement of the indie direct, but this is def a really good surprise.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
the first was really, really good. love the summer vibes here, so i'll be sure to play it day one in August

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Heist was the best SteamWorld game. Couldn't be more excited; this made my day.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Bleh I did not enjoy the first game and can't stand procedural generation. Where the heck is Steam World Dig 3?? Hope fans of the first one like this though.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
What an awesome surprise! I loved Heist and never expected for it to get a sequel!

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
I know a lot of people in the chat were upset about a lack of Silksong but honestly this is way more exciting to me - I can't freaking wait to play this, I loved Heist and played it twice now. The only thing that would have hit harder is a SteamWorld Quest 2 - Quest is my favorite series these guys have done, but I think Heist is a very, very close second.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news.

Hope they release it on mobile like they did with the original.

Plays awesome on modern tablets.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the perfect sequel. Still visually very similar to the original, which already looked great, but expanded gameplay in all the most interesting ways.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass ensures I'm in day one, even I'd rather have had a sequel to the Dig games :)

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
I really loved the first one on 3DS. I was concerned at the gameplay shift from Dig, but it was amazing.

Can't wait for this one!

Now do a new DIG!

iag

Oct 27, 2017
Does this one also have procedurally generated levels like the first one?

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Super hyped for this. I don't what Silksong hopefuls say: this was the perfect way to end the direct.

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I loved Dig and Dig 2. I played an unreasonable amount of 2 in particular.

But somehow I just couldn't get into Heist. I own it on 3 different platforms, started it a dozen different times, yet never make it past the first half-hour. Dunno what my problem is, but now I have more motivation to give it another shot.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I lived 3 months away from home and without a console and playing Steamworld Heist on the iphone saved me. What an amazing little gem, loved every minute of it. Might habe to get this on the ps5

ratprophet

Jun 24, 2021
First game was my favourite of the whole Steam world franchise or whatever it's called. Game pass for the sequel? Don't mind if I do. Will likely pick up with the discount as well because these games just get more and more fun on replay.