• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Got the tower up and running in the wasteland and am stopping there for today. I'm actually surprised how much I'm liking everything overall, I really liked the way the city level progressed after the demo, not being THAT open but still having different paths and a lot of hidden stuff that was fun to find. Been kinda bulldozing combat after reading GwyndolinCinder mention how strong beta chains are, I didn't realize that at all and jesus. Especially if you get the rush followup, which can also be held so you can pretty much go from stagger to stinger stagger.

Story wise I like the world it's setting up, but Eve has felt...weird. She has barely really talked or done all that much, she shows character during the goofy can pickups and some of her animation flairs, but it's hard to really get much of a bead on her beyond that. She seems to just generically be fighting for the good of humanity which works with what I've seen about the angels and everything but isn't all that much to go on yet, and she has shown pretty much no real emotion towards anything going on. She also has some weird lines with the town NPCs, like being really rude to the informant NPC for some reason out of nowhere. Adam is also bland as fuck.

OST has been insanely good which is also helping tie everything together as it makes this game really easy to just vibe with.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah they put in so much work into these enemies and i'm just laughing at them...
Like the returning elite bosses have LOADS of new moves, but yeah I see yellow circle -> I stun.

The devil trigger is absolutely ridiculous so i'm just not using it ^_^ But even without this is my game rn

View: https://youtu.be/gjNRHUfZZDw?si=ez9ihqaMeeeZfkgM

Its pretty dumb ngl, hopefully hard mode can better balance it.

Regarding the DT.

I saw a video of FightinCowboy showcasing that part of the skill tree and he said most of them felt kinda pointless, since you have unlimited energy and can just spam the two most damaging abilities over and over, since one of them makes the enemies fall so you can basically just repeat the same loop.

Seems really poorly balanced, I guess they could either limit the use of the skills to just a single time or add some kind of cooldown, though I think this would go against the "rules" of the game.

Perhaps the most interesting option would be to not give you infinite energy and making the mode last longer, so you could actually appreciate the new moveset.

I can't help with this one. Roxanne is only selling 4 outfits in NG+ instead of 5 at this moment. Perhaps latter(?).

Also, and to serve as a warning, you will only find recolors in NG+ if you have the default variant from NG.

Np, thank you.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Don't have much of an opinion on the game, but found it interesting that the soundtrack still does that 'fake' language thing that Nier does where it sounds like bits of European languages smushed together. That's nice.

Sometimes I hear bits and think 'oh that sounds very Irish', but it isn't of course

(or maybe it doesn't, I have no idea tbh)

Last edited:

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Somebody please help me appreciate the OST, because I swear it just hasn't clicked for me. It's the one aspect of the game people unanimously praise, and I feel like I'm missing out at this point.

Have you been in the second region of Eidos 7 yet, that flooded area? This is where the music, the entire game actually, started clicking for me. Wasn't feeling it before that tbh.

EDIT:
This track is sooo good:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQG3fjOO47U

Last edited:

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I can't shake the feeling that the platforming sections feel like a Sonic game.
I can't even quantify why it feels that way to me, it just does lmao

Suy

May 14, 2023
Landing perfect parries in this game feels so satisfying. I loved parrying in Sekiro, too but that game was too hard for me so I'm glad that at least on normal, Stellar Blade is much more in my ballpark when it comes to difficulty (so far at least).

Dec 12, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Landing perfect parries in this game feels so satisfying. I loved parrying in Sekiro, too but that game was too hard for me so I'm glad that at least on normal, Stellar Blade is much more in my ballpark when it comes to difficulty (so far at least).
the audio + visual stings add SO much satisfation to the parry. it rules everytime

CLINK CLINK CLINK

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Been getting used to the parry timings but the blue glow counter is wonky, sometimes it doesn't register my input at all

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Been getting used to the parry timings but the blue glow counter is wonky, sometimes it doesn't register my input at all
This threw me a little when I starting playing. Don't try to do up + dodge as a dual input, instead just hold forward when you see blue and then press circle when the shimmer appears.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Just watching some stream, and I'm not really feeling the English VA for Eve and Adam, at least in this early part of the game. Felt like they're just reading lines lol.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I can't shake the feeling that the platforming sections feel like a Sonic game.
I can't even quantify why it feels that way to me, it just does lmao

I'm only an hour or so in, and I've died to more platforming blunders than I have combat encounters. Coming from the precise nature of the Tomb Raider remasters to this is a hell of a whiplash.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Really liking it so far and the exploration is just enough that it's not annoying like bigger open world games. However these punks that hide behind walls and ambush you need to go!

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Woah finally played some hours and this game is freaking fantastic! The level design with so many hidden paths to discover, the style, the battles and the controls. So amazing when it clicks so well! It was great in the Demo to me, but this is so freaking fun to play!
Can't wait to play more!

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
Still getting used to the timing of perfect parries and dodges but it does feel different from other games. Buying the upgrade has helped some.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever raised their hands and sent me their strength, thank you lol.
roman-reigns-the-one.gif

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
It's still on my physical disc. Sony's ninjas can't touch that!

I still patched the game though, that is more important than some cleavage.
Very fortunate that I also don't care about it, the contents of the patch were more than enough for me than cleavage/bare legs/blood/etc.

Physical owners still have advantage over this for the true 'uncensored' tho. 😄

I give anyone ideas to resell the game discs at a high price.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Will definitely play this after I fIrish midnight suns, how long is this roughly? 15-20 hrs?
Going by reviews 25hrs if you're just doing side quests as you go and not focusing on doing everything. 40+ if you're exploring and doing all the side quests. I'm sure I'll come in a decent bit above that for my first playthrough considering I'm 8hrs in and have only just turned the power on in the wasteland lol.

Oct 26, 2017
Best fight so far. The presence of the dozer made me actually use the deathblow mechanic ( I think it might be the 1st one of done outside the demo!)
Multi fights work very well for this game similar to Ninja gaiden.

View: https://youtu.be/_vkw4mzDFK8?si=rsPhw1Ug-tcJwNxg
This Gigas in the Oil Storage is legit. Lend me your powers, Era.
Did this one have more moves too? I destroyed both so fast I didnt see anything. Hes probably gonna wreck me on ng+ cause I dont know what he does at all
Been kinda bulldozing combat after reading GwyndolinCinder mention how strong beta chains are, I didn't realize that at all and jesus. Especially if you get the rush followup, which can also be held so you can pretty much go from stagger to stinger stagger.
Yeah action games have this trope where they hide the main mechanic. Which is fun and all, but hearing the biggest review site in gaming call it defensive was rough....

Regarding the DT.

I saw a video of FightinCowboy showcasing that part of the skill tree and he said most of them felt kinda pointless, since you have unlimited energy and can just spam the two most damaging abilities over and over, since one of them makes the enemies fall so you can basically just repeat the same loop.

Seems really poorly balanced, I guess they could either limit the use of the skills to just a single time or add some kind of cooldown, though I think this would go against the "rules" of the game.

Perhaps the most interesting option would be to not give you infinite energy and making the mode last longer, so you could actually appreciate the new moveset.
I'd say it feels abit tack
y
ed on...but I get the feeling its mostly their for people approaching the game from a sekiro POV. I'm past the point of no return now and its arena/wave combat constantly. That playstyle gonna struggle here.
The gimmick of the first linear level after you reached the hub is pretty fun.
The resident evil areas? They are so good

Oct 25, 2017
Very fortunate that I also don't care about it, the contents of the patch were more than enough for me than cleavage/bare legs/blood/etc.

Physical owners still have advantage over this for the true 'uncensored' tho. 😄

I give anyone ideas to resell the game discs at a high price.

While the benefits of the patch outweighs what was changed, I am always against it when this happens. I also find it ridiculous that they proudly shouted it was uncensored everywhere just a few days before only for that happen day one.

I find the game a bit light on blood. The sneak attacks especially. I expected quite a bit more for the way the attack looks.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
They literally couldn't go 24 hours with their darling game without dissolving into crying about censorship and trying to rally against it lol.

IMG-3717.jpg
Imagine being so infantile that you thought a skimpier outfit was more important than reduced input delay, NG+, the ability to turn off CA and Film Grain etc.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Let me get a resident evil style spin off set in this universe where i play a goon during the collapse

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Demo had me off because of the input delays, but based on word here, I picked it up.

Glad I did. Combat feels great, and while I'm not the best at these sorts of games, I feel like I'm learning and improving between playtime and the skill upgrades. In the wasteland now, and I'm having a blast picking fights and practicing.

It's so... Video gamey. Collectibles, parry and dodge game feel, customization, the sound and score.

Thanks for the recommendation, thread.

Thanks for posting this, that's really good to hear. I felt the same way about the demo. Will pick up the full version based off of your and other peoples comments.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Imagine being so infantile that you thought a skimpier outfit was more important than reduced input delay, NG+, the ability to turn off CA and Film Grain etc.
Who knew removing like an inch either side of the crotch on a bunny suit would be the kill shot on all these manbabies lol.

Can't say I'm sad to see them go and honestly boobs and bum aside I think they rallied around the wrong game. When I'm there bumping up my friendship level with the girl in town so she'll spill the tea on some gossip and sell me earrings, with the interface lighting up with glowing pink hearts and banners, I'm sat there like "this is the chud game? really?". It's hyper sexualised without doubt but there's also a lot of downright feminine elements to the game these people would usually cry 'soy' over if they saw men interacting with them.

Thank god their golden egg cracked not even a day after it hatched. I'm sure they'll find some new set of pronouns to meltdown over soon.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Who knew removing like an inch either side of the crotch on a bunny suit would be the kill shot on all these manbabies lol.

Can't say I'm sad to see them go and honestly boobs and bum aside I think they rallied around the wrong game. When I'm there bumping up my friendship level with the girl in town so she'll spill the tea on some gossip and sell me earrings, with the interface lighting up with glowing pink hearts and banners, and I'm sat there like "this is the chud game? really?". It's hyper sexualised without doubt but there's also a lot of downright feminine elements to the game these people would usually cry 'soy' over if they saw men interacting with them.

Thank god their golden egg cracked not even a day after it hatched. I'm sure they'll find some new set of pronouns to meltdown over soon.
As someone else said, I don't think these idiots were ever really interested in buying and playing the game, just in using it as a means to troll. So all of this "censorship" pissing them off is just making my experience with the game that much better. The shame of it all is though is Shift Up and Sony turned away a lot of good people who might otherwise be playing the game now if not for the over-sexualization.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Going by reviews 25hrs if you're just doing side quests as you go and not focusing on doing everything. 40+ if you're exploring and doing all the side quests. I'm sure I'll come in a decent bit above that for my first playthrough considering I'm 8hrs in and have only just turned the power on in the wasteland lol.

Wow ok, much bigger than I expected. I'm someone who doesn't do much side stuff, so it sounds like 20 would be expected for me. Maybe more.

How are you finding the game's difficulty? Playing on Normal?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
As someone else said, I don't think these idiots were ever really interested in buying and playing the game, just in using it as a means to troll. So all of this "censorship" pissing them off is just making my experience with the game that much better. The shame of it all is though is Shift Up and Sony turned away a lot of good people who might otherwise be playing the game now if not for the over-sexualization.
Not wrong there on any of that, feel much the same. Didn't even need to take it back all the way, just not drive it into the ground.

It's a shame as the game really is great imo, but it will always have that cloud over it. If they ever make a second (if you even can with the story) I hope they focus less on being as horny as possible and more on expanding the elements of personality we do see. The playful Eve that's compassionate but also deadly. The glimpses we get are enough for me to believe there's the makings of a good character there, and half the time I want to like her more than the game gives me any reason to.

Wow ok, much bigger than I expected. I'm someone who doesn't do much side stuff, so it sounds like 20 would be expected for me. Maybe more.

How are you finding the game's difficulty? Playing on Normal?
I'm finding it fine but I'm really not far in on the whole. I've only done one of the major fights at the end of the first world and I one-shot it but it was a fun fight. The combat is just satisfying to execute and I'm sure be it later on or playing Hard on NG+ the challenge will arrive. For now I'm just enjoying tearing shit up in a cute dress and a whole load of visual flair.

Last edited:

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Expected a decent action game but this feels like a goty contender so far. Fantastic combat and exploration.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Side quests are a huge letdown for me same as the characters

But then I think it's a Souls game and I don't really play those for the above points so.. The actual combat is nice enough!

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I finally found the password to the box inside Bar 99!

Did this one have more moves too? I destroyed both so fast I didnt see anything. Hes probably gonna wreck me on ng+ cause I dont know what he does at all

300px-Mike_Wazowski-Sulley_Face_Swap.jpg

It took me like 6 or 7 tries to defeat it lol. I wouldn't say it had any new moves; they just hit harder. Like, way harder.

GReeeeN

Senior Analyst at GSD
Verified
Mar 6, 2018
Is there anyway to change the music in the first open world area? The same singing over and over is starting to get a bit annoying…