• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Main OT New

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
6gnAXZ2.jpeg

y2EUoKb.jpeg

0W5jZxA.gif

pDTc1WO.gif
W7rrcau.gif

I7J3JYb.gif

CY5JPsG.png

wEctsgv.png

Text Only OT & Staff Message New
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
407nTj1.png

0jOdMGa.png

TEXT ONLY OT

407nTj1.png

APRIL 26, 2024 | SHIFT UP | PLAYSTATION

STORY

Humanity is driven from Earth after a losing war against alien invaders called Naytiba. To reclaim their lost home, Eve and her squad are deployed from the Colony to fight the Naytiba and to take back Earth. Eventually, Eve meets a survivor named Adam, who leads her to Xion, humanity's last surviving city on Earth. Eve then makes contact with the elder Orcal and establishes relationships with the residents of Xion, in order to further her mission to save humanity and reclaim Earth.

GAMEPLAY

Stellar Blade is a third-person action-adventure game. Combat focuses on studying the attack patterns of enemies and countering with precise timing. Using the Beta Gauge allows for skills to be used such as piercing super armor and enemy combo interruption. This gauge can be filled by parrying and evading in combat. Exploration includes wall scaling and swinging on ropes for environmental traversal, with things to be found including extra costumes. The overworld has NPCs who can provide Eve with side quests, with the option of either taking them on or ignoring them. Scattered throughout the world are supply camp checkpoints where the player will restore health and retrieve stored items, though doing so respawns all enemies in the surrounding area.

CHARACTERS

EVE 07
Eve 07 (often called just Eve) is the central protagonist and playable character of Stellar Blade. She is apart of the faction known as "Eve Defense Force", members of this faction are tasked with fighting the alien invaders in an effort to reclaim the Earth.

ADAM
Adam is one of the last surviving humans on Earth, he leads Eve to the last surviving city, Xion, when they cross paths. Adam is a companion to Eve, helping her on her journey and accompanying her when he can.

LILY 03
Lily 03 appears to be apart of the same faction as Eve, known as "Eve Defense Force". Lily is very devoted to the "Mother Sphere" and doesn't like when others question its validity.

ORCAL
Orcal is an Elder living in Xion, humanities last surviving city. Orcal is partially cybernetic, allowing them to be wired into the very city.

OT by iFirez

407nTj1.png

IMPORTANT MESSAGES
Official Staff Communication
Stellar Blade has quite a bit of controversy surrounding it, this staff post aims to acknowledge this and help users navigate around the thread and these issues a bit better.

Information
Sexism, Sexualisation and objectification are blatant in Stellar Blade and a bit of an MO for this developer.

A fair amount of unsavoury types have rallied around Stellar Blade to champion the game, often in bad faith.

The developers of Shift Up have faced allegations of firing of their staff for supporting feminism. A strong reminder to not rely on random twitter posts for information on the subject given the general lack of of reliable sources and the language barriers.

Support and understanding towards fighting against sexism in our hobby is an expectation. Regardless of how you feel about the specifics of this game, this dev or whatever instance or example, this is an area we expect members to be mindful of. Do not be dismissive, troll or antagonistic.

Criticism of aspects such as sexualisation or depictions of minority groups in video games or developers' actions has been allowed since day 1 of the website's existence. Don't try to gatekeep conversation.

You do not have to engage with this line of conversation. You shouldn't try to force people to engage but neither should users jump in to antagonise members and expect not to get called out and moderated.

Discussion and criticism is valid in the thread. However, it doesn't mean you will get the discussion and engagement you want if this is your primary focus. Similarly the Why Women Criticise Sexualised Design |OT| is a also valid thread for these conversations but keep in mind this community is its own space and should its members ask to move on or take a break from the subject it should be also respected.

Don't snipe or antagonise members.

No metacommentary, it is not helpful and fuels frustrations. Report problems and give moderators time to review. Concise statements highlighting the problems help a lot in reporting.

Be mindful of images/videos/posts in terms of Resetera's rules for spoilers, NSFW and general considerations.

THE TITLE
Congratulations to Super for suggesting the title: "Seoulsborne". For those confused about the chosen title please see the following post by Jawmuncher:
After looking over the titles and the brigading going on with the votes (To put into perspective, when Elden Ring had voting it got 200 votes over 7 days, Dragon's Dogma 2 got 120 votes over 8 days... Stellar Blade 450 votes in less than 24 hours).
Thus Seoulsborne will be the winner of the OT title. As it was the highest rated title that was also inclusive of others and didn't see impact from brigading.

Not up for debate or change.

MESSAGE FROM THE OT CREATOR
Hey all, I decided to try something a little different with this OT after the craziness that was the Dragon's Dogma 2 OT. Hope you all like it. Shoutout to Aurc for the inspiration on it too, that one long flowing image! (vestan I did the thing)

All else I'll say is, read the staff message above and enjoy playing the game!

407nTj1.png

REVIEW THREAD
www.resetera.com

Stellar Blade - Review Thread

Metacritic (82) Opencritic (85) https://youtu.be/KxnNfq6GCrQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhCXilVBVv0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyX-LRzQglM CGMagazine (8.5/10) COGConnected (9.3/10) Console Creatures (Recommended) Destructoid (8/10) Gamespot (8/10) Gamesradar (3.5/5) IGN...

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Okay wow, that is impressive font work on mimicking the title's logotype.

RedXIV

Mar 7, 2024
Can't fucking wait! Reviews came in TIDY, including that great praise from DF. So stoked.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Great work on the OT! It could use a little bit more Tachy, but it looks wonderful nonetheless.

I'm promoting you to the rank of Don, Don iFirez.

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
Have fun everyone! I'll be joining in later! MY wife is addicted to FF7 Rebirth, so the PS5 is hers for now.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Great job iFirez! After today's reviews, notably Digital Foundry's, I'm all in on a preorder. Looking forward to discussing the game with you all, and hopefully someone lets us know where and when to get the yellow tracksuit outfit.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Great job on the OT. That's some crazy image work you did. It looks amazing
iFirez more like iMakeFireOTz
Great work on the OT!
That's a beautiful OT. Well done! Excited for Friday.
Wonderful job on the OT.
Great job on the op, seems like a lot of work went into it.
Good shit OP. Cannot wait for this game!
Thanks all, decided to go for something a little more simple but still celebratory for the game, rather than the huge endevour which was the Dragon's Dogma 2 OT. Glad everyone likes it still.

Okay wow, that is impressive font work on mimicking the title's logotype.
Thanks, it's a mixture of hand drawn and a font that got kinda close.

DUNC jokes were everywhere I'm surprised "Stettar Blade" never happened
While working on this OT I called my PSD files "StettarB" - fun fact.

Awesome OT! Just wanted to share the amazing key art for the vinyl here, while we're at it:

GKcKJmcWIAAs5Rm
I was trying to find a place to include this because I love that artwork so much, appreciate you posting it on page 1 so more folks can see it.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Laughed out loud at the title! Will be keeping an eye on this thread for impressions. :)

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT!

My copy was shipped and will arrive tomorrow. Perfect timing after finally finishing FF7Remake after 2 years 😂

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so hype ! I dont want to be spoiled but what comment on difficulty overall, the demo was great on that aspect stay always the same?

Oct 30, 2017
Thank you for the OT.

I just pre-ordered it on PSN today, wasn't excited for it at all till I tried the demo and then immediately fall in love with the atmosphere and music and gameplay.

Will be my main focus game in the current time :-)