• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FatCatSings

Jan 31, 2023
cbPhsCQ.jpg

WKqHFGE.jpg

Isn't this super spoiler-y? Might want to edit in spoiler tags for the pics into your post.

Last edited:

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Just got my copy so I'm playing it at launch, really curious to see how much better it gets compared to the early demo chapter.
Still haven't decided if I'll play with the Skin suit to make it harder, don't really like how it looks.

Jan 20, 2023

View: https://x.com/VGC_News/status/1783534857068355614

I certainly hope they do add a toggle or something for it, because this really bothered me. It was strange seeing people say they didn't notice it.

i was reliably informed by dozens of gibbering morons this didn't exist and all i had to do was turn off hdcp :hmmm:

oop, looks like they changed their mind huh

whatever this is, any improvements are welcome

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Just got my copy so I'm playing it at launch, really curious to see how much better it gets compared to the early demo chapter.
Still haven't decided if I'll play with the Skin suit to make it harder, don't really like how it looks.

Don Diogo, it's great to have you here. Another platinum run, as usual?

Oct 26, 2017
i was reliably informed by dozens of gibbering morons this didn't exist and all i had to do was turn off hdcp :hmmm:

oop, looks like they changed their mind huh

whatever this is, any improvements are welcome
It doesn't have input lag, the game controls like ass. It's a bad article.

I can't tell any difference in final game, would be nice to know if they actually changed anything.

wonkybump

Apr 29, 2020
Really hope those images are from promotional material I haven't seen and not some spoiler around Adam being part Naytiba or smth.

yeah that really sucked. Honestly I think of going offline 'till I beat the game. Spoiler tagging OT on release day shouldn't be a rule if it's just common decency, except sometimes it should

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
yeah that really sucked. Honestly I think of going offline 'till I beat the game. Spoiler tagging OT on release day shouldn't be a rule if it's just common decency, except sometimes it should
It's really not a difficult ask during and soon after launch, if they are spoilers.

Jan 20, 2023
It doesn't have input lag, the game controls like ass. It's a bad article.

I can't tell any difference in final game, would be nice to know if they actually changed anything.
after like 2-3 hours of the demo i was able to "attune" to it (read, get used to the badness) and imma give it a shot

but i maintain its got a lot of v weird design choices in it's combat.

any improvements or changes they make in patches are always good tho, assuming they are improvements

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
The yellow outfit is in the Wasteland, the first area after you unlock the hub town, as part of a sidequest. I haven't gotten it yet but I'd imagine it's in like the first 6-8 hours or so.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to say how early the Kill Bill outfit unlocks?

Asking the important questions ✅

IMG-4028.jpg

I genuinely don't remember when you can unlock this outfit, but I think it's in the Wasteland. After completing the main objetive in the area, you'll unlock new side quests. I think it was in one of them.

The Wasteland Adventurer is for sure after the main mission in the Wasteland as well. It was a side quest in Eidos 7. I remember going for the area after Wasteland with this outfit already equipped.

Last edited:

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
The day 1 patch has also seemingly changed a couple of outfits to be slightly less revealing. Gamers online are of course being very normal about this.

noeybys

Aug 8, 2020
Feels like parry windows like DS3 with intentional activation delay to make it less trivial. I presume fixing the input lag here meant tuning this delay value.

I cant get used to perfect dodge timing tho...

Oct 26, 2017
This games identify crisis is wild. Its chill af, then next thing you know 100% ninja gaiden/doom eternal tempo
Does it still drop the input for guarding if you have the audacity to hold it before Eve is finished doing, well, anything? That was the thing that bugged me most in the demo.
Cant say i've ever had that problem

after like 2-3 hours of the demo i was able to "attune" to it (read, get used to the badness) and imma give it a shot

but i maintain its got a lot of v weird design choices in it's combat.

any improvements or changes they make in patches are always good tho, assuming they are improvements
Oh it gets weirder in full game, gun requires ammo that doesn't replenish at campfires. (I cant even buy it currently!)

Glad you are in!

RGB

Nov 13, 2017
Cant say i've ever had that problem
Fair enough, I was being hyperbolic, but I ran into it a few times. Like if I overcommit in say Nioh and decide to block, it'll still finish the swing's recovery, go through neutral and eventually honor the block input. Stellar Blade there were a couple situations where I'd do something like that and Eve would just sit there in her idle. making me even look down to check I wasn't fat fingering the input.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
The day 1 patch has also seemingly changed a couple of outfits to be slightly less revealing. Gamers online are of course being very normal about this.

I wonder if they changed them, or just moved some of their variant versions to NG+? If Eve really does get 20-30 new outfits in NG+, I'd have a really hard time believing they're all totally unique to what's available in base NG.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Loud Wrong been a long road but we're nearly there!

Gremlins 2 is a fucking nutty sequel. Read up on the background afterwards. Dude was in full corporate film industry lambasting mode.
Holy wow I had SUCH a good time with it. I thought the original was kinda average but this one was a blast! We had a recorded message from Joe Dante specially for the screening which was cool, he touched on elements you speak of haha. I'll look into it more tomorrow!

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Loud Wrong been a long road but we're nearly there!

Holy wow I had SUCH a good time with it. I thought the original was kinda average but this one was a blast! We had a recorded message from Joe Dante specially for the screening which was cool, he touched on elements you speak of haha. I'll look into it more tomorrow!
Yep, I think I have it in me to play through the areas we played in the demo tonight, and then new areas tomorrow night. I hope it holds up.

Dec 5, 2017
It apparently patched them in the review build, not the day 1 patch that added NG+. Saw a reviewer saying they were already changed when they reviewed it. The disc version has the old versions.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
The Raven outfit is the one I'm gunning for, though something tells me it's a mid-late game outfit.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Just a drive-by saying the OT title took me off guard and I enjoyed it. Great work.

Excited to give this game a shot!