• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
yeah Exploration is definetely great in this game though I don't like traversal that much, (I don't know if this would change mid game) I miss some kind of Nier Automata dash and double jump (this for sure will be available).

And I am too desperate finding new outfits that are acceptable and cool but I would have loved if early game more outfits were available, with the amount of exploration that the game has some rewards are pretty mediocre and it still feels good because exploration sometimes rewards itself for the sake of explorate and finding something secret.

Apart from the obvious objectivization of Eve and how out of tone those camera angles and sexual stuff in the game, I really don't like dialogues in these games, like Eve and Adam have so much dumb dialogue like it was written by a teenager because it is sooo badly written and is not like there are few dialogues, the game is following a story and characters talk from time to time.

Combat is good truth be told, it really reminds me of Sekiro but also Lies of P which is a good thing, I don't really have much complain about the combat. Maybe that basic attacks don't leap to the target in short distance and you really have to be close to the target to be able to hit, it feels like you are forced to do the long press triangle attack to gap close and it feels weird, some timing in mikiris are weird but you can get use to. Also dodges are weird, you can double dodge but I don't really get the flow of it.

Overall a good game tinted by the decision of objectivity Eve and others characters for no reason because this game could potentially stand out for its own without having to attrack the male gaze, and it is sad.

frankly this kinda thing
Adam leads Eve to the last surviving city on Earth, Xion
should have tipped people off to the quality of this game's writing a long time ago lol

Oct 26, 2017
1st boss since I got Burst skill...MAD lol.
Hard mode should have been unlocked from the start!

View: https://youtu.be/uCvi3yvBWEc?si=aR_HSLIrlQMIgMo0

Beta chain charges burst skills, making the gameplay even more aggressive.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Beta skills just got made even more useless

Blinking while horizontal looks pretty cool

IMG-4061.gif

45/50/50 for me lol. I found raising brightness just washed things out.
Yet if you had just finished light,light,light,light -> eve would have been knocked the fuck all the way back to the PS1 era

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
If you check my posts earlier, I think the game has a black level mismatch issue in HDR.

from my testing the PS5 needs to be at Full and the TV to Low in order to look correct. In SDR everything looks as it should when they're matched. Bumping the contrast up to 60 while matched in HDR looks very close, but something seems off with the menu colours and makes me hesitant to use that.

In SDR and matched properly, the settings menu has clear dark gradient from blue>grey>black. In HDR when matched that gradient washes out to pretty much light grey. Bumping the contrast doesn't solve this, but the rest of the game looks similar.

Now, in HDR with TV Low/PS5 High, that menu gradient is back with all three colours, and the rest of the game looks proper as well.

So, at least on my TV, either default settings with RGB mismatch or proper RGB with contrast at 60.

This is rarely ever true. John from DF or somebody else that analyses graphics for a living would've caught it.

www.hdrgamer.com

Stellar Blade Demo - HDR Settings

Stellar Blade Demo HDR Settings

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
The Orca Exploration Suit is outrageous. Avoid at all costs.

I finally unlocked different hairstyles and I love it. This is it. This is the endgame.

I'm pretty sure you didn't have to in the demo? I never used them until the parking garage and was able to bounce back to the one by the ship for example. If that's changed then put me on the 'oops' pile too as I've not wanted to fast travel so haven't touched them either.

Might just apply to phones that are not part of a Full Camp (Circle Around It)? I don't think i touched the phones except for one before the city and could jump in between them?

might have to start a new save file to confirm

I think it wasn't needed to interact with the phone booths in the camps in the end!

Did the music at the Request Board in Xion give anyone else serious Persona vibes?

Lol yeah. I was like "this is the Persona 5 ost".

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So 100% ZERO item locked behind pre-order jail right? Asking this cus I thought Insomniac did the same yet I just found out they had one pre-order weapon they released after 8 years. XD

Oct 26, 2017
Dodge-> queue Attack works properly in devil trigger. Make it make sense.

Also FYI in full game you can beta chain light, light, light, light by holding square. Same for aerial variant

Last edited:

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
If you check my posts earlier, I think the game has a black level mismatch issue in HDR.

There's no RGB level mismatch. The HDR presentation is a little more washed out compared to SDR, but there are areas where it reaches pure black at default settings. If you're forcing a level mismatch it might look better in some areas but you'll be getting crushed blacks in others. The HDR color grading is intentional. That being said the difference between HDR and SDR isn't that large on my calibrated G2.

Oct 25, 2017
This is rarely ever true. John from DF or somebody else that analyses graphics for a living would've caught it.

www.hdrgamer.com

Stellar Blade Demo - HDR Settings

Stellar Blade Demo HDR Settings

There's no RGB level mismatch. The HDR presentation is a little more washed out compared to SDR, but there are areas where it reaches pure black at default settings. If you're forcing a level mismatch it might look better in some areas but you'll be getting crushed blacks in others. The HDR color grading is intentional. That being said the difference between HDR and SDR isn't that large on my calibrated G2.

Right, I always shake my head when I see people say that about games but here we are lol

I have no problem with the more washed out look if that's how it's supposed to be. It's just when I use SDR as the baseline, mismatching the RGB range in HDR gets me the closest match to that along with the benefits that HDR brings.

Like I said earlier, upping the contrast to 60 and keeping the range correct does look right when in game, but the settings and skills menu backgrounds still look washed out compared to SDR.

If that's just how it looks then cool, I just want to know I'm getting the image that's intended.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Is there a way to get that navigate line on your screen constantly? I smashed all buttons but it keeps dissapearing and I kinda like it for guidance

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I feel like the game kind of slows down the moment you reach the Wastelands. I much prefer the more linear paths.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
1st boss since I got Burst skill...MAD lol.
Hard mode should have been unlocked from the start!

View: https://youtu.be/uCvi3yvBWEc?si=aR_HSLIrlQMIgMo0

Beta chain charges burst skills, making the gameplay even more aggressive.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Beta skills just got made even more useless

Yet if you had just finished light,light,light,light -> eve would have been knocked the fuck all the way back to the PS1 era

The blue/purple color dodges (blink and repulse) also refill 3 squares of burst energy (or at least they did in the IGN footage from weeks ago, which seemed incredibly generous, though also enemy dependent since they need to do those moves in the first place).

What charges more burst energy, perfect dodging or beta chain finishers?

Edit: just saw the fight now, seems to be about 1 square for each. Juicy gameplay 👍

20k likes on that tweet is kinda crazy. I think I saw people here saying that wasn't actually a thing (or at least that no one really uses that term) and people could just edit stuff like that on wiki. No idea of how accurate both statements are though.

Last edited:

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
I pre-ordered from Amazon and the voucher doesn't work. Sony said to contact Amazon. Amazon is a mess lol
How hard is it to just give me a new code.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I just noticed that if you don't move Eve for 20 seconds or so, she starts looking into the camera/at you, eyeing the camera when you turn it. Sweet...and creepy.

Game is sooo much fun. Im loving the exploration too. You can always find some shit everywhere.

Yeah, the level design is sooo good. I spent four hours or so on exploring the wasteland and didn't get bored once. And I'm still not done seeing everything in that region.

WardFail

Jul 30, 2022
United States
20k likes on that tweet is kinda crazy. I think I saw people here saying that wasn't actually a thing (or at least that no one really uses that term) and people could just edit stuff like that on wiki. No idea of how accurate both statements are though.

The screenshot is from Urban Dictionary where literally anyone can submit an alternate definition to any word and have people like/dislike it. It's almost the equivalent as quoting your racist uncle's Facebook post as your primary source

Oct 26, 2017
Yo what! I hit the point of no return already! Where's the rest of the game at

The blue/purple color dodges (blink and repulse) also refill 3 squares of burst energy (or at least they did in the IGN footage from weeks ago, which seemed incredibly generous, though also enemy dependent since they need to do those moves in the first place).

What charges more burst energy, perfect dodging or beta chain finishers?

Edit: just saw the fight now, seems to be about 1 square for each. Juicy gameplay 👍
Not sure but shit is kinda breaking the game (on normal at least). Eve now feels like Vergil when in DMC4SE/DMC5.

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
Huh, was I supposed to get pre-order stuff? I bought a physical copy from Game in the UK and got nothing.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I'm getting the same issue, this has happened to me on launch day before where the codes weren't active right away. I'll just try again later this evening or tomorrow.

I see, thanks

Huh, was I supposed to get pre-order stuff? I bought a physical copy from Game in the UK and got nothing.

in some region I think the store will email your the code if you order online, some store print it on the reciept