X-Frame

Oct 25, 2017
Without spoiling anything as best I can, if I want to go for 2 of the 3 endings in my first play through, I should make a cloud save right before just the final mission and be okay? Right now I had made one before the point of no return but obviously if I can save/upload as long as possible that would be great.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Alright, been a minute since I posted an update but I have been playing. Paused before the first point of no return to tidy things, and tidy things I did. I'd left all fishing until this point so I did all the fish in one go and the related quest-lines. Pretty fun honestly, especially with the last fishing knowledge to make it easier. Enjoyed running around for the fish and the subsequent chat with pervy Clyde. Was nice to finally have an answer for what the chest in the wasteland plant was for as well.

55gqdfcq.jpg

I also tidied up all the cans I can get at this stage, only had a couple outstanding which was cool. Shout out to the fave can:

ydp48i89.jpg

So with that I focused the side-quests which are all done, and the bulletin board is completed too:

lp8vubbj.jpg

So, knowing I have all the exo-spines, I think I'm finally ready to continue with the story. Honestly have loved almost all of the above. Side-quests aren't great outside of the few narrative ones but it was an excuse to run around, slay things and double check I'd fully explored areas. Great Desert only overstayed its welcome a couple of hours where I got a little bored of monsters popping out of the sand, or running around a grey building to find the entrance. It wore a little thin so a bit of trimming there would have been beneficial imo. Honestly they could have done with a different environment across the two open-worlds other than 'dirt orange'. I liked them both, but a starker difference would have probably been a treat. The oasis and the secret pond both give a much-needed bit of colour though thankfully.

So other than that, outfits! Made sure I got all the ones I could, which wasn't hard as the only one I'd somehow missed was the magician outfit (kinda cute) so went and tidied that up. I'm actually a little miffed they tied an ending to, effectively, picking up stuff and completing things. Like I'm gonna do NG+ anyway but now I need to artificially restrict how much I engage with it, and that's kinda ass imo.

I'm currently mainlining the dress in the fishing screenshot above, but since my last post I've been bouncing between this:

ms6afwbv.png

sbcynlet.png

9sir9edm.png

hw9mqo3f.png

The last one remains a stunner, red is a tricky colour but they really nail it with this top. Perfect shade, lovely lighting and shadows. Love the clip on the tie and the two-tone gloves. Same for the red on Lily's costume below, which is my favourite of hers:

7c6ek67g.jpg

Anyway, media heavy post but it's been a number of hours just tidying everything up before moving forward. I'm about 40hrs in now, plus the 25 from the demo, and excited to see something new haha. I'll leave you with some love and this cheap shot:

wany6bxp.gif

♥️

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Just did the Tachy fight. Was really fun.

Her armour is so cool. Looked like a futuristic Dark souls boss. I wish her and/or her design and been the MC here. .

I would love a game like this to design the main character to look like a bad ass boss in general.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Without spoiling anything as best I can, if I want to go for 2 of the 3 endings in my first play through, I should make a cloud save right before just the final mission and be okay? Right now I had made one before the point of no return but obviously if I can save/upload as long as possible that would be great.

Yes. That's the way to do it. Upload a save in the very last area even (will also be obvious). Get both of those then do your NG+ and just avoid filling up Lily's meter and you'll be fine.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
This game and Final Fantasy 16 have such fun combat systems but tune enemy damage so low and heals so easily available that it can be hard to get to the will to play better. At the great desert and from comments seems the last 3rd or whatever amps it up but wish the challenge was more prevalent personally

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Alright, been a minute since I posted an update but I have been playing. Paused before the first point of no return to tidy things, and tidy things I did. I'd left all fishing until this point so I did all the fish in one go and the related quest-lines. Pretty fun honestly, especially with the last fishing knowledge to make it easier. Enjoyed running around for the fish and the subsequent chat with pervy Clyde. Was nice to finally have an answer for what the chest in the wasteland plant was for as well.

I also tidied up all the cans I can get at this stage, only had a couple outstanding which was cool. Shout out to the fave can:

So with that I focused the side-quests which are all done, and the bulletin board is completed too:

So, knowing I have all the exo-spines, I think I'm finally ready to continue with the story. Honestly have loved almost all of the above. Side-quests aren't great outside of the few narrative ones but it was an excuse to run around, slay things and double check I'd fully explored areas. Great Desert only overstayed its welcome a couple of hours where I got a little bored of monsters popping out of the sand, or running around a grey building to find the entrance. It wore a little thin so a bit of trimming there would have been beneficial imo. Honestly they could have done with a different environment across the two open-worlds other than 'dirt orange'. I liked them both, but a starker difference would have probably been a treat. The oasis and the secret pond both give a much-needed bit of colour though thankfully.

So other than that, outfits! Made sure I got all the ones I could, which wasn't hard as the only one I'd somehow missed was the magician outfit (kinda cute) so went and tidied that up. I'm actually a little miffed they tied an ending to, effectively, picking up stuff and completing things. Like I'm gonna do NG+ anyway but now I need to artificially restrict how much I engage with it, and that's kinda ass imo.

I'm currently mainlining the dress in the fishing screenshot above, but since my last post I've been bouncing between this:

Anyway, media heavy post but it's been a number of hours just tidying everything up before moving forward. I'm about 40hrs in now, plus the 25 from the demo, and excited to see something new haha. I'll leave you with some love and this cheap shot:

wany6bxp.gif

♥️
I winced.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The backtracking in side quests is really annoying. I could ignore them, but I have a completionist mindset atm and want to do them all.

Kinda wish they'd gone for a Metroidvania style of unlocking new areas and added a few more fast travel spots/shortcuts to make it more enjoyable.

Edit: yeh this game has far too much padding. Having to search for service drones to activate the solar tower in the great desert for example, especially with some long NPC conversations that are really not very compelling . All the fetch quests. They really should have taken a less is more approach in places.

I think there's a good game under the issues, but I really don't understand all the perfect scores people are giving this.

Last edited:

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Just did the Tachy fight. Was really fun.

Her armour is so cool. Looked like a futuristic Dark souls boss. I wish her and/or her design and been the MC here. .

I would love a game like this to design the main character to look like a bad ass boss in general.

Tachy's the biggest waste of a cool design since Lady Dimitrescu. In both cases it seems like the developers didn't realize what they had. Even more with SB since Tachy maybe gets 10-15m of screentime depending on how long it takes you to complete the intro sequence and her boss fight. But she has the coolest design in the entire game by quite a margin.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Tachy's the biggest waste of a cool design since Lady Dimitrescu. In both cases it seems like the developers didn't realize what they had. Even more with SB since Tachy maybe gets 10-15m of screentime depending on how long it takes you to complete the intro sequence and her boss fight. But she has the coolest design in the entire game by quite a margin.

Since you're able to collect the memories of a person, I wonder if that opens up the possibility for characters to return in the future.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
How good is Beta Ttance expospine? Not noticed the trance actually activate yet with it fully upgraded.

Yeh fully agreed. Still, the fight was fun if a bit easy.

-

Edit: "all this time I thought you were a freak!"

Lmao, poor Barry.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a strange game to me. Sometimes I'm really annoyed at the backtracking and fetch quests, but right now I'm in a groove and enjoying them.

Anyway...

Fishing: do you rally just have to sit for ages waiting for a bite, or is there a trick to catching them quickly?

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
So hey, I'd forgotten about this, but was just reminded in NG+: what is the deal with Lily?

By which I mean: when we first meet Lily, she's stuck in a drop pod, and says she's been in there for 2 years. I took that to mean she's been in that pod her entire time on Earth.

But later on, we find out she was living on Earth for some time, maybe years. But if that's the case, why was she in the drop pod at all?

I'm confused.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
So hey, I'd forgotten about this, but was just reminded in NG+: what is the deal with Lily?

By which I mean: when we first meet Lily, she's stuck in a drop pod, and says she's been in there for 2 years. I took that to mean she's been in that pod her entire time on Earth.

But later on, we find out she was living on Earth for some time, maybe years. But if that's the case, why was she in the drop pod at all?

I'm confused.

I thought about this too and then just assumed I missed something about her being back in the pod lol

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

I'm confused.
I believe she was stuck in that pod since recently, but not her whole time on Earth, she only says she's been hiding out for two years since her squad was wiped out. Maybe it was lost somewhere in translation but there's not a clear line saying how she got stuck in the pod.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I believe she was stuck in that pod since recently, but not her whole time on Earth, she only says she's been hiding out for two years since her squad was wiped out. Maybe it was lost somewhere in translation but there's not a clear line saying how she got stuck in the pod.

I don't recall her saying that, I mean that she was "hiding out for 2 years". I definitely recall her saying she'd been stuck in the pod for 2 years. Like I said, I took that to mean since the day it dropped. But I guess that was deliberate misdirection, so we could find out later it wasn't true. Still, once we did, they could've made it clearer what actually happened.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
After beating it some nights ago I listened to some boss music again and it is soo goood. My favorite is probably the one from the Belial boss. I love me some guitar tracks that remind me of Revengeance. One other song that I really like is the fishing song because it is so relaxing.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
After beating it some nights ago I listened to some boss music again and it is soo goood. My favorite is probably the one from the Belial boss. I love me some guitar tracks that remind me of Revengeance. One other song that I really like is the fishing song because it is so relaxing.

I need the song that plays during the endings where EVE accepts the fusion with Adam and then Mother Sphere sends a bunch of Angels to attempt to assassinate EVE. The Youtube account that has a bunch of the OST doesn't have that song. Likely because only a snippet of it plays before the screen fades to black.

wamoss

Aug 11, 2022
This game and Final Fantasy 16 have such fun combat systems but tune enemy damage so low and heals so easily available that it can be hard to get to the will to play better. At the great desert and from comments seems the last 3rd or whatever amps it up but wish the challenge was more prevalent personally
I'm surprised to hear this, since a good amount of the desert has been me getting my ass kicked by so many mobs of enemies. Dumb turrets too lol

55gqdfcq.jpg

ydp48i89.jpg

lp8vubbj.jpg

ms6afwbv.png

sbcynlet.png

9sir9edm.png

hw9mqo3f.png

The last one remains a stunner, red is a tricky colour but they really nail it with this top. Perfect shade, lovely lighting and shadows. Love the clip on the tie and the two-tone gloves. Same for the red on Lily's costume below, which is my favourite of hers:

7c6ek67g.jpg

wany6bxp.gif

♥️

Ahhh yeah. Been waiting to hear more impressions from you. Same with the fashion post haha

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
This game rocks, I am having so much fun with it. I started using the slugs more often after the section that force locks you into it.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
just finished the demo.

i was under the impression that this is just a shallow 'tna' game. and for the most part it is. but boy that combat is a ton of fun. i think im gonna get this game.

Suy

May 14, 2023
Finished the game last night (made a save at the last camp and got both of the "Lily at 100%"-endings).

While I found the game's difficulty to be on the easier side, each of the final bosses were admittedly surprisingly challenging.

I really liked what felt like the canon ending and I hope for a sequel.

Such a fun game - I plan to dive into NG+ right away which I don't do often.

Sep 14, 2018
I'm now using Beta Trance and Suppresion and totally bullied an Abaddon I found on a roof. Just constantly downed and shieldless, this is a pretty great combo. Only problem is I keep spamming Beta Chain and run out of energy for the actual skills since there is a lot less parrying going on.

Neutrality

Oct 29, 2017
Game was a lot of fun, definitely exceeded my admittedly low expectations.
Penultimate boss I feel was insanely over tuned, took me two days to down it when every other boss I took down first or second try.

Story was…nonexistent and really made zero sense in the end, which is funny considering how predictable the reveals are.

I was happy with the few "normal" outfits that I acquired.
Hopefully Shift Up can reign in the horniness for their next rodeo.

To me this is like a perfect 8/10 game. A blast to play, soundtrack was lovely, performance was rock solid.
Some minor hiccups here and there, platforming is pretty bad, the sexed up outfits are absolutely ridiculous, the story really leaves a lot to be desired.

Very impressive debut.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Polite request to devs:

Please stop putting multiple lines of dialogue at the start and at the end of vendor interactions. It's really annoying.

Yours sincerely,

Bearer Seek Seek Lest

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Having a great time with those open world sections, i find the sidequesting and exploration pretty good for what it is, at least i want to do them and search for secrets, which is a sign of enjoyment. I can only put two or three costumes on Eve so far, the others are a distracting anti-immersive factor. Shift Up needs to tone down this stuff in the future.

Aside from that, little to complain overall and i'm knee deep in the great desert so there is still good stuff coming my way i guess.

Oct 30, 2017
The hell with the fishing missions in this game, finished two and now stuck at the "Fish Research" one… I spent 45 minutes trying to catch EVERYTHING BUT THE FISH I AM REQUIRED !!!

My hands hurts me from tapping square button and R2….. I AM DONE WITH FISHING.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
The hell with the fishing missions in this game, finished two and now stuck at the "Fish Research" one… I spent 45 minutes trying to catch EVERYTHING BUT THE FISH I AM REQUIRED !!!

My hands hurts me from tapping square button and R2….. I AM DONE WITH FISHING.

Go into the settings and change the fishing to hold rather than tap. So much easier. Just hold square down and then when the R2 portion comes up, it automatically goes to the area on the circle where it needs to be.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Finally got some free time to finish the game.

+Gameplay loop and combat is fun and addicting.
+Great soundtrack. I'd put it up there with the likes of castlevania SOTN and Donkey Kong Country 2 as in terms of being memorable.
+I like the break up of having an open world section and linear levels, It was a good way to change up the pacing and have some downtime and variety.
Edios 7 is my favorite level out of all of them.

-Platforming felt a bit janky and floaty at times.
-I enjoyed the lure of the story, but it was presented clumsily. The flat dialogs brought it down.

I usually don't replay games, but i might replay ng+ just to find everything. Can't wait to see what they'll cook up for SB2

Azzello

May 25, 2021
Wrapped up the game today. Thankfully I got all camps achievement so I have motivation to go for platinum. Had to lower the difficulty on last boss, not sure if my build was wrong or the last few bosses were just extra spongy. All in all, great game, had plenty fun, combat and soundtracks are definitely the MVP.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm noticing I enjoy Eve a lot more when its either side content, or Adam isn't around. I definitely think side content had different writers, and Adam is a charisma vacuum.
Wrapped up the game today. Thankfully I got all camps achievement so I have motivation to go for platinum. Had to lower the difficulty on last boss, not sure if my build was wrong or the last few bosses were just extra spongy. All in all, great game, had plenty fun, combat and soundtracks are definitely the MVP.
As I was about to accept the point of new return I checked my trophy progress for camps and found that I had every camp for every area before the point and like breathed a sigh of relief that I wouldnt have to go hunt any down. Missing in the wasteland or desert would be annoying, but you could just check a map online and compare. Missing in a linear location would be awful.

I'm 3 camps left, and I cant miss them based on where im at. for end game I was checked the count as I finished each area to make sure I didnt miss any.

Last edited:

Woozy

Feb 22, 2022
Finally finished the game. Incredibly stylish! Smooth combat, slick visuals, great OST. Just wished I cared more about the characters on screen and what was happening. 7/10

Wings are cool