Status
Not open for further replies.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I dropped the last Horizon after a few hours cause it was really overwhelming, all the foliage and colors everywhere. It all bleeds together into a big mess.
I understand this & agree.

I acknowledge the strengths of the graphics & tech of Horizon IP & how Guerrilla managed to make a beautiful highly detailed game, but this is the drawback I could see in inconvenient way.

Too much details & too much colors = making it unfocused for me to look at for Aloy & the surroundings; it's kinda ironic.

Tsushima could do the alternative with beautiful art style & direction, but my eyes weren't strained as I could still see Jin & the environments separately.

These two is way better than the dull metal grey brown Unreal Engine 3 aesthetics though.

As for this game, surprisingly, is not like Horizon too much for me, at least. 🤷

Sparks flying & great art style/direction without being too overload.

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
Glad the game has a demo so we don't have to rely on second hand accounts about how the game plays.

I'm pretty sure I want to get this game but if I'm constantly parrying it may be a no go.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure I want to get this game but if I'm constantly parrying it may be a no go.

You don't need to parry, you can just dodge.

Perfect dodges charge the burst gauge (not available in the demo) while parrying charges the beta gauge. These are used for skills and combo finishers.

Parrying has the advantage of breaking enemy posture opening them to a critical (you can see some yellow dots below the enemies HP bar which indicate how many parries it takes to break them).

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017

Perfect dodges charge the burst gauge (not available in the demo) while parrying charges the beta gauge. These are used for skills and combo finishers.

Parrying has the advantage of breaking enemy posture opening them to a critical (you can see some yellow dots below the enemies HP bar which indicate how many parries it takes to break them).

Ok thanks for the clarification, I prefer to dodger. Either way I'll have the demo this weekend to get a feel of the gameplay and pacing of combat.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

sound interesting. so you can dodge and parry to have full burst and beta gauge then just spent all gauge in a combo all at once? sounds cool in my head

Jan 20, 2023
okay i watched the ign preview, and this looks like mostly like revengeance, with hints of DMC

the interface and effects (and what i am hearing of the soundtrack) also feels very revengeance

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Can't find a link on UK store or on PS5

EDIT: Found it.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol Demo costs 0,25€ in Germany
You can find it when clicking version on the game in the app
Edit: looks like it's free now

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021

Let's go!
c56b591f-33e6-4939-a00f-b4154be1eeec_text.gif

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Found it in the demo section on UK PSN if anyone's still looking. 16GB download.

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
I'm expecting a bump in pre-orders after this, lol. The demo sold me the first time around.

Definitely going to play through it again.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
There's an auto loot option. They've already done something right and I'm still in the menu.

OP
OP
Super

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
If you download the demo from PSN Japan you get Japanese voice and English text.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
No surround sound support, or is it just me??

Edit: Switching from Atmos to LPCM fixes it.

Last edited:

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
Awesome!

Have it queued up from the App.

Can anyone tell if there's an option to customize light and heavy attacks to the R1 and R2 buttons? I'm at work right now and can't check for myself.

Last edited:

bezuzu

May 3, 2023
Production value seems quite high, and the graphics look good to me.

Had to immediately turn down the camera shake though lol

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
This feels way more like Revengeance than Souls

edit: wtf is going on with her feet lmao she got hooves

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
It's nothing new & definitely not the same, but Retribution was it? QTEs reminds me of old-school Greek God of War.

I'm more than fine with it.

173-1733325_-img-not-bad-meme.png

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I can't help to hear every time the English dub in combat she's moaning for some attacks.

😄😄😄

It makes me laugh tho.

Measure

Aug 14, 2020
Okay the abundant use of slow-mo isn't as noticeable when playing as it when playing it as opposed to watching gameplay.

But its still a tad overdone imo. Only small complain, other than that its realllly fun. Also agree this reminds me more of MGR than anything so far

Oct 25, 2017
Damn you Tachy! I was feeling her more than Eve. :(

Incredible game tho. Parry feels good but easy, or maybe it will get harder. I didn't finish the whole demo either so looking forward to that later today. Combat feels great. It's going to be a long few weeks waiting for this.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
Haven't played Revengeance but to me it feels very similar to Nier Automata with some QTEs thrown in and a bit of emphasis on perfect parrying to build up the skill gauge, although that's optional.

No one told me there'd be fishing?! Yoko Taro would be proud.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
not sold yet, these games live and die by their animation, especially hit-stun stuff and I'm not quite sure yet if it feels good in this…

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
fantastic production values, audiovisual treat, but im not entirely sold on the combat yet. expected it to be faster and more focused on dodging, but parrying seems pretty much vital. but im ok with that too, just not my preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.