Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Clearly poll has some vote bombing going on. Make the title something neutral like "EVE Offline".

Starting the OT loaded will make OT doomed from the start.

OP
OP
Super

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
I nominated "Seoulsborne". Please vote it multiple times.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I'd rather something neutral. I don't think we really need to colour conversation before it begins. I'm sure the OT will be lively enough without a tagline to get people pumped up before entering.

Not that I think the poll is a bad idea at all.

Majin Boo

Oct 26, 2017
While I think that a critical title is more than justified, I fear it may not have the effect one might hope. I'd also opt for something more neutral.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
As there seems to be some fairly obvious vote tampering going on as Loud Wrong noticed and others have also flagged, I have reset the poll and made it hidden from folks who have not replied in this thread. I have also used increased measures to try to avoid vote tampering - if the results end up the same then... what can I say?

Vote for the Stellar Blade OT title here:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Sorry for anyone who legitimately voted previously, please vote again. For one title only.

Starting the OT loaded will make OT doomed from the start.
I agree, and mods are also aware of this.

Not that I think the poll is a bad idea at all.
I've always done community crowdsourcing for titles for my OTs and then posted a poll to let folks vote on their favourite. It can be a bit of an issue when there's controversy around something though.

I think making the OT title something referencing Eve's boobs is probably going to make the thread even worse than it would be otherwise. Seoulsborne is pretty funny.
I agree, however I just collected all the OT title submissions and put them onto a poll, I didn't make any of them. I purely want for everyone's ideas to be heard and voted on which people think is the best. I always try to come at this stage of OT creation in a very unbiased and neutral way.

Thread title should be neutral indeed. No need to have a thread title steer away discussion.
While I think that a critical title is more than justified, I fear it may not have the effect one might hope. I'd also opt for something more neutral.
There are definitely neutral options in the poll.

Majin Boo

Oct 26, 2017

Oh yes absolutely, I didn't mean to say that there's a lack of neutral options, just express concern that the title we may democratically end up with could lead to unwanted side effects. But then again that's why we have moderators, so maybe I worry too much.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
As there seems to be some fairly obvious vote tampering going on as Loud Wrong noticed and others have also flagged, I have reset the poll and made it hidden from folks who have not replied in this thread. I have also used increased measures to try to avoid vote tampering - if the results end up the same then... what can I say?

[Hidden content]

Sorry for anyone who legitimately voted previously, please vote again. For one title only.

I've always done community crowdsourcing for titles for my OTs and then posted a poll to let folks vote on their favourite. It can be a bit of an issue when there's controversy around something though.

I agree, however I just collected all the OT title submissions and put them onto a poll, I didn't make any of them. I purely want for everyone's ideas to be heard and voted on which people think is the best. I always try to come at this stage of OT creation in a very unbiased and neutral way.

People really want Rear Automata , eh? 🙄

Ya'll have no chill when boobs are in play.

So tacky.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
And just to add, we all appreciate the effort you've gone to - both for the poll and to pull the OT together. I just want to make that clear as we all chew the fat over how it gets named. :)
Thanks. I added "Project Eve" to the poll as that's my personal choice - but this is also why I don't often title the OTs I post... I'm not great at naming things.

Oh yes absolutely, I didn't mean to say that there's a lack of neutral options, just express concern that the title we may democratically end up with could lead to unwanted side effects.
100% and I've made sure mods are aware of that to. No matter what, mods have the power to veto anything we do on here so if they don't want it, then we go with what they say... or they change the title after it's posted but that's on them at that point.

People really want Rear Automata , eh?

It was seemingly the front runner earlier in the thread when I asked for title suggestions too. I guess it's a play on rear/ass/bum/butt and NieR: Automata. But agreed, no chill. Like I said ^^ my vote is for the title "Project Eve" because that's what the game was called before Stellar Blade so.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
That's nice. Now, when will they offer the Japanese VA as DLC? I'll even pay for it if I have to.

I can't help but read this tweet as "You want the Japanese VA? Well then you'd better import. Don't worry, it's the same version across all regions!" which I wouldn't have an issue with, if...you know, Japanese websites would actually import it outside of Japan. I have an order scheduled for delivery from AmiAmi this month that has yet to ship which I could add this game to, but the English version of the website doesn't have the game listed but the Japanese side does, so...yeah. Frustrating. :(
Have they ever given a reason why the Japanese VA is locked only to Japanese copies? Is it some contract they made with the Japanese dub studio or something?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Have they ever given a reason why the Japanese VA is locked only to Japanese copies? Is it some contract they made with the Japanese dub studio or something?
Probably contract-related, yeah. They've never come out and clarified it, though. Which is odd, considering their other game (NIKKE) has no issue offering the JP VA. Different contract, I guess.

It's the first time I've seen them restrict importing, though. Like that used to at least be an option if the JP dub was exclusive to Japan, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. They're really making it difficult for people outside Japan to import a copy. :(

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People really want Rear Automata , eh? 🙄

So tacky.

The title was only ever brought up as a way to mock Stellar Blade, not to be sneakily horny. That said, now that the time has come to actually vote, I just went for the neutral Seoulsborne.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

I think that's the norm with Sony games.

We only get japanese dubs if the games are made in Japan (like Nioh or Rise of the Ronin) or something like Ghost of Tsushima for obvious reasons.

Since Stellar Blade is from Korea we are getting the korean dub in this case.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
How is it "vote bombing" just because the title you don't want isn't winning lmao
I believe you should seriously just throw a coin between Eve Offline and Seoulsborne and call it a day. Those are okay and shouldn't be reason for any concern.
This game doesn't deserve to be in the same conversation as Soulsborne games, so fuck that one too 🙃

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm still laughing at Chudborne honestly. I threw my vote in for why women criticise. The over-sexualisation is not only an inseparable part of the game, it's a part of the game the director is openly proud of. I don't think it's a big request and it might work to telegraph people to think from that angle before horny posting about the skin suit or similar.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the thread titles are clever, but deeply problematic, and it's a shame they're even being included

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Agree with something neutral at this point. I like Seoulsborne. While not exactly a souslike I like the reference to the game's home country

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got around to trying the demo. Problems with the character aside I really dug the combat. Will keep an eye on this.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
How is it "vote bombing" just because the title you don't want isn't winning lmao
The percentages in the old poll were... suspicious - I think it's fair that within an hour of the original post to remake it with more vote bombing protections in place. I take full responsibility for using a shitting polling site the first time round.

Some of the thread titles are clever, but deeply problematic, and it's a shame they're even being included
I just grabbed every single submission and threw them all into the poll. It's what I've always done for OT titles.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

[Hidden content]

Still voted the same. Hoping it makes a comeback.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Probably better to already ask the mods which option they would block and remove them already from the poll? Seems more fair then letting people vote on options that will not end up being valid.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Which ones were "suspicious"?
40% and 45% of the vote over two titles is unusual early on, especially as the vote was wider and then the swing happened very fast. As if someone was voting for one of the titles over and over and over non-stop, which you could do on the old poll as it had no options for stopping people for voting more than once.

Probably better to already ask the mods which option they would block and remove them already from the poll? Seems more fair then letting people vote on options that will not end up being valid.
I have made them aware of the titles and the vote happening. If they want to get involved it is their call, they may not want to or may not have an opinion. Or they may choose to nullify the vote or remove options. That's totally on them.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not quite Bayonetta, but Nier enough 2,04% (1 vote)

XytSfJb.jpeg

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The game is horny enough on its own; I'd really prefer an OT title that doesn't stoop to further sexualization even if it is meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The percentages in the old poll were... suspicious - I think it's fair that within an hour of the original post to remake it with more vote bombing protections in place. I take full responsibility for using a shitting polling site the first time round.

I just grabbed every single submission and threw them all into the poll. It's what I've always done for OT titles.
I understand, but sometimes you just need to be a better person when faced with problematic content. Hopefully the reasonable people win out with something like the Seoulsborne title, so your OT doesn't get derailed by the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.