• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will the review score of Stellar Blade be?

• 95 or higher

Votes: 22 1.5%
  • 90-94

Votes: 28 1.9%
  • 85-89

Votes: 212 14.3%
  • 80-84

Votes: 668 45.0%
  • 75-79

Votes: 397 26.8%
  • 70-74

Votes: 95 6.4%
  • Below 70

Votes: 62 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
The monster designs are what got me to download the demo last week. I think they are awesome. They can't wait to see what other creatures are in the game.

Majin Boo

Oct 26, 2017
Very hard to predict the score for this one, considering all the baggage it comes with.
When ignoring the apparent issues and solely looking at what the demo showed us we have decent gameplay, good visuals, decent OST, decent enemy and boss design, good encounter design, passable level design and a story that can go in any direction (but I don't really worry about the story, not with Nioh 1 and Nioh 2 sitting at mid/high 80s despite their "stories"). If the game manages to uphold these qualities all the way through it could get mid 80s.

Then again scores for soulslikes (if we consider Stellar Blade to be one) are all over the place lately. We have an incredible game like Lies of P sit at 80, just like Wo Long which is worse in every aspect.

Anyway, I say 83

Last edited:

SinOfHeart

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I'll be honest, I thought this game already came out with how many people were talking about it. I guess all of that was just from people playing the demo?

I obviously didn't play the demo, so don't really know enough about the game to predict what type of reviews it would get.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
If they want a good score, then add as many crappy mini games and gimmick sections as possible to reach that Bayonetta 3 86

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Low 80s im betting, with one or two reviews being really low on behalf of how the game treats women.

Looks like a competent action game with good visuals otherwise. I wonder if the story is any good.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
If it scores higher than Forspoken then truly, gaming media has failed us.

cat.gif

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
I mean, why ? Unless you played the full game and it sucks, what if it's actually great ?
Who said I think Stellar Blade is bad?

I played Forspoken and it wasn't very good though? Like as a game. Completely irrespective of the writing and acting.

I had far, far more fun fighting the boss challenge in the Stellar Blade demo than doing anything in Forspoken.
Forspoken had the best TPS action gameplay of like, anything since Vanquish.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I expect it to get the same score as Lies of P which as of now is sitting in the low 80's. If it gets higher then cool.

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
Whatever score robs these devs of their bonus.
Why would you ever say something so petty and mean? Whether you like the work they've done or not the game is made by a diverse team of clearly passionate devs trying something very new and ambitious for them on a project they are clearly proud of.

David Matter

Apr 16, 2024
Why would you ever say something so petty and mean? Whether you like the work they've done or not the game is made by a diverse team of clearly passionate devs trying something very new and ambitious for them on a project they are clearly proud of.
I recommend you to not interact with negativity, even less with people who only spread negativity, enjoy videogames, and stay away from threads who have mostly people spreading negativity, just dont give them attention, they only want people to see their negative comment and receive some kind of validation

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
I recommend you to not interact with negativity, even less with people who only spread negativity, enjoy videogames, and stay away from threads who have mostly people spreading negativity, just dont give them attention, they only want people to see their negative comment and receive some kind of validation
I try not to on the whole. Negativity and hyperbole is par for the course around here from some corners and I'm usually able to just roll my eyes. Actually wishing ill on people bugs me and pushes past snarky into snide. You are right though, I'll try and bite my tongue in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.