• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will the review score of Stellar Blade be?

• 95 or higher

Votes: 22 1.5%
  • 90-94

Votes: 28 1.9%
  • 85-89

Votes: 212 14.3%
  • 80-84

Votes: 668 45.0%
  • 75-79

Votes: 397 26.8%
  • 70-74

Votes: 95 6.4%
  • Below 70

Votes: 62 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Good 85 score from games.ch.

I read MeriStation review (?) & looking for a score & they didn't have one, I guess?

The overall summary sounds also good.

Stellar Blade is more than just a game, it is the solid step of the South Korean video game industry that wants to show the world what their ideal video game is, one that many of us can find refuge in, because it was created with love for the genre, mixing the best of several proposals to deliver a very original one.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
If this hits a solid 85 that would be damn good for a dev's first console game. If it sells well, then I can see Sony and Shift Up working together more.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Little bit off topic:

Days Gone could score better if the game actually truly polished at launch.

Bend got themselves to blame, in my humble opinion. 🙄

They ought to take this.lesson to heart for their new IP in the future.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I only played 7hs of Days Gone and it felt really archaic in the game design department. Look for gas for your bike, look for your stolen bike, look for the parts of your bike that got broken apart...

Wasn't looking for fuel the first drive of Jedi Survivor? I just remembered that.

Also, lol, I remembered that looking 2.5hs for fuel in TLOU 2 also bored me! (That "Take me on" bit though. 👌 ).

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
while we are talking about days gone

I really loved that game

seems to have found a nice audience with the pc version and when it got a boost on ps5 :)

I know it won't happen but I still would love to see a sequel

anyways reviews soon for sb, not grabbing this game, but I know friends are, very curious to see reviews that land in the middle
I feel like some reviews will be mixed for some outlets reasons like comparing it to other action games like dmc, Bayonetta, mgr and ninja gaiden, and then the obvious other reasons :P I want to see people's overall pros and cons weighed against each other, I am much more interested in reading about it. I can always try it out at my friends house. got like 8 games in my backlog I want to play

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Days Gone came out all buggy, thats why it got the reviews it did. You come out as a reasonably marketed AAA playstation exclusive, people expect it to run to a reasonable degree. It only has itself to blame. A bit like Driveclub really.

Synecdoche

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
9cdfc48c97f00d864aba22e53e65af82.png

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I really loved Stellar Blade. It's a bit scrappy in places and I personally found the story trite, but there's a lot of heart and tons to like. The soundtrack is an all-time great in my opinion, and some of the monster design is out of this world. Overall, I highly recommend the game, and I think it'll go down as a bit of a cult classic in time.

Stellar Blade PS5 Review - 8/10

Stellar Blade is a slick console debut from a developer clearly on the rise. With an ever-evolving counter-attacking combat system, some superb art direction, and a sensational soundtrack, this is the kind of back-to-basics PS5 outing that fans have been pleading for. A dire English dub and some trite story beats mean the studio still has plenty of room to refine its craft, but Eve's inaugural outing is largely excellent across the board, and destined to become a firm favourite among PS5 enthusiasts.

https://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps5/stellar-blade

View: https://youtu.be/IGjGITG8G-U

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Basically most everyone is saying the combat is great. Even the reviews giving it a low score. That is all I needed to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.