• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I would be legitimately shocked if Stellar Blade does anything more than come and go within a few weeks. Literally the only time I see it brought up is by either side wanting to discuss "the controversy"... or people making shallow comparisons to Nier Automata because "hot girl with sword". The game looks mid and I think most casual folk aren't interested enough to drop $70 USD on it. Will probably do okay-ish and then nobody will care because it didn't bomb or set the world on fire, so nobody actually invested in either thing happening will be satisfied.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TIL that people consider NierA's gameplay bad. Huh.

I don't think its got amazing gameplay. The character action stuff is serviceable but hindered by a lackluster open world and some rather uninteresting enemies to fight. In general I think the open world is lacking and just feels like a time killer running from place to place. The 2D ship shooter stuff got old fast as well.