• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Good guy Stephen King taking the media to task for ignoring his wife's identity.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That was fire, King has always been great on social issues.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaaat, you mean it's not Stephen King and Stephen Queen?

Glad she stood up for her identity. I wish more journalists properly referred to spouses of celebrities like she is demanding.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
You mean Tabitha King dunks on the press, it's more her response than it's Stephens?
There is a touch of irony in the thread title, though I know you meant well, OP.

Fair thing to point out. I assume this was a financial decision they both considered quite heavily. Silly to include only the one name if you are going to bother reporting about it.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
"Wife is a relationship or a status. It is not an identity."

#bars

Unless you're a tv show

tcdento_ec1391.jpg

Or you're Mike Pence, but I guess he doesn't use wife either ...

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I appreciate the intent behind the thread and I don't mean to be rude to the OP <3
But... IMO, OT title should have been: "Stephen King to the press - My wife "has a name, it's Tabitha".", and the OP should have said, "Good guy Stephen King taking the media to task for ignoring Tabitha's identity."

>_>

Posting the response on his Twitter is kind of funny too.
A bit. She's a writer too, you'd think she'd have her own twitter. But if they want to give exposure to this, it unfortunately makes sense to go through the twitter of the more famous of the two.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
A bit. She's a writer too, you'd think she'd have her own twitter. But if they want to give exposure to this, it unfortunately makes sense to go through the twitter of the more famous of the two.
I respect her just as much for the response as I do for her not having a Twitter.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes spouses prefer to remain anonymous, which makes this sort of a weird 'call-out', but noted that they would prefer for her to be identified by name.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My mom addressed a Christmas card to Mr and Mrs My name. My wife didn't take appreciate that all that much so I put the return address on her birthday card Mrs and Mr My wife's name.

Sometimes passive aggression is fun. My mom never mentioned it though.

OP
OP
Syriel

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I appreciate the intent behind the thread and I don't mean to be rude to the OP <3
But... IMO, OT title should have been: "Stephen King to the press - My wife "has a name, it's Tabitha".", and the OP should have said, "Good guy Stephen King taking the media to task for ignoring Tabitha's identity."

>_>

It was an attempt at meta commentary, since the practice is so common, to see who would notice.

The fact that multiple people called it out on the first page of the thread warms my heart. :)

Feel free to edit the title if you think the existing form might end up in a derail.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
Tabitha King writes 3X as much as Stephen King on the subject. Response ITT? "Stephen King is awesome!"

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Tabitha is the best. She's been his rock and Constant from the start-there to bring him back down to earth, make him see straight on things and give feedback. Not to mention of course that's she's his best friend. She helped him get through his addiction and helped him with his rehabilitation after his accident. The woman is a saint.