ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Of all the people to punch, he's near the bottom of the list:

View: https://x.com/ap/status/1789785140882755781?s=46

AP said:
Actor Steve Buscemi is OK after he was punched in the face by a man on a New York City street, his publicist said Sunday.

The 66-year-old star of "Fargo" and "Boardwalk Empire" was assaulted late Wednesday morning in Manhattan and taken to a nearby hospital with bruising, swelling and bleeding to his left eye.

"Steve Buscemi was assaulted in Mid-Town Manhattan, another victim of a random act of violence in the city," according to a statement Sunday from his publicist. "He is ok and appreciates everyone's well wishes."

The suspect is still at large.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
uy2xdb2i7qx61.jpg

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
These NYC punching incidents as of late are pretty wild.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rick Moranis, Steve Buscemi... New York whats going on?
I was going to say "isn't this the second time it happens to him", but yeah it was actually Rick Moranis some years back.

Bunch of agro assholes. I wonder if the perpetrators decided to act based on the fact that the person they came across was a celebrity, and they get off on the fact that their action will be reported in the news.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to say wtf is wrong with people but then I realized we just throw mentally ill people on the street so i dunno what to say, other than i'm glad Steve Buschemi is ok.

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
My stomach dropped seeing his name and age together in a headline like that. Glad he's ok :(

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad he's okay.

But I lament how much ammo this will the usual rightwing spaces. This has exactly the kind of optics that feed right wing hysteria of overly violent leftist cities despite crime trending at historically low levels.

Hope they find the piece of shit.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I hope whoever did this gets the shit kicked out of them. Who tf just randomly pops a 66 year old man in the face? Fuck off.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
While this is messed up and I'm glad he's ok, I'm more glad to see this headline didn't turn out how I thought it was going to turn out.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
NYC is relatively safe, but the amount of psychos that will randomly attack you/shove you off Subway platforms is off the charts

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Banned
Sep 13, 2022
I mean the attacker probably had no clue it was a celebrity until they checked their phone right now.

NYC is definitely ….its been better.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
The actor that played Arnold Rothstein in Boardwalk Empire got sucker punched too in NY last month

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I feel like i'm having de ja vu. Wasn't some other actor punched in the face in New York not to long ago?

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
i'm reluctant to point at mental health given the large numbers of people with mental illnesses, almost all of them, that do not indiscriminately attack people on the street; TBH I think people just forgot the fear of reprisal

Flueswonkler

Mar 15, 2022
This was actually a thing before TikTok I remember years ago on the news kids were doing the "knockout challenge" and trying to knock out random unsuspecting people with 1 punch.

That one wasn't real. I mean, unprovoked attacks obviously do happen, but the panic over it being a supposed trend or game during that time was fake. Something to look out for whenever one of these "challenges" gets reported on is if you can actually find many instances of it on the platforms where it supposedly spread, or if all you can find are reactions to the incident that news outlets latched onto.

Guess What? The 'Knockout Game' Is America's Latest Phony Panic

Gonna have to stay out of New York when stuff like this keeps happening

New York sounds like it sucks
What happened here is terrible but let's not help the mayor push the post-apocalyptic image of this place he seems to love so much. Crime continues to trend downward in NYC.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm with others on this: it only took a glance to read the title but it was a hell of long journey.

Glad he's okay.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
That one wasn't real. I mean, unprovoked attacks obviously do happen, but the panic over it being a supposed trend or game during that time was fake. Something to look out for whenever one of these "challenges" gets reported on is if you can actually find many instances of it on the platforms where it supposedly spread, or if all you can find are reactions to the incident that news outlets latched onto.

What happened here is terrible but let's not help the mayor push the post-apocalyptic image of this place he seems to love so much. Crime continues to trend downward in NYC.
Doesn't surprise me. I remember a few years ago on TikTok there was this grave panic about smacking teachers but literally every video on the entire app about this "challenge" was just a reaction to it. Could not find a single instance of it actually happening.