• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Toussaint will star as Lord Corlys Velaryon, "The Sea Snake." Lord of House Velaryon, a Valyrian bloodline as old as House Targaryen. As "The Sea Snake," the most famed nautical adventurer in the history of Westeros, Lord Corlys built his house into a powerful seat that is even richer than the Lannisters and that claims the largest navy in the world.

Ifans will play Otto Hightower. The Hand of the King, Ser Otto loyally and faithfully serves both his king and his realm. As the Hand sees it, the greatest threat to the realm is the king's brother, Daemon (Smith), and his position as heir to the throne.

Best will appeare as Princess Rhaenys Velaryon. A dragonrider and wife to Lord Corlys Velaryon, "The Queen Who Never Was" was passed over as heir to the throne at the Great Council because the realm favored her cousin, Viserys, simply for being male.

Mizuno joins as Mysaria. She came to Westeros with nothing, sold more times than she can recall. She could have wilted… but instead she rose to become the most trusted — and most unlikely — ally of Prince Daemon Targaryen, the heir to the throne.

variety.com

‘Game of Thrones’ Prequel ‘House of the Dragon’ Adds Four to Cast

The "Game of Thrones" prequel "House of the Dragon" at HBO is adding four new actors to its cast.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Rhys Ifans is the kind of actor I am surprised was not already in Game of Thrones, so that works.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Steve Toussaint — Lord Corlys Velaryon
Rhys Ifans — Otto Hightower
Eve Best — Princess Rhaenys Velaryon
Sonoya Mizuno as Mysaria

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Sea Snake, baby!!!

EDIT:

Wait, they're gonna make the Sea Snake black? That will ruffle feathers. But, I'm intrigued.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One thing I don't get is casting Olivia Cooke as Alicia Hightower. She would be in her 40s in the Dance of Dragons. She looks young. Do we expect the Dance to happen many seasons in? Feels like they felt a woman in her 40s would look too "old". She has the face of someone you hire to play young roles.

Weird casting so far.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I don't get is casting Olivia Cooke as Alicia Hightower. She would be in her 40s in the Dance of Dragons. She looks young. Do we expect the Dance to happen many seasons in? Feels like they felt a woman in her 40s would look too "old". She has the face of someone you hire to play young roles.

Weird casting so far.
My feeling is that season 1 ends with Viserys' death

Deleted member 90924

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2021
I'm happy we are getting the Dance, when the other two were announced (and later canceled), I was always thinking Dance made the most sense. Good castings IMO

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

He is the common-born son of the steward to the Lord of Blackhaven. He has no claim to lands or titles, all he has is his honor and his skill with sword and lance.

He is a challenger, a champion, cheered by the commons, beloved of the ladies.

He is a lover (or is he?), a seducer (or is he?), a betrayer (or is he?), a breaker of hearts and a maker of kings.

FIRE & BLOOD readers know him as Ser Criston Cole.

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON viewers will know him as FABIEN FRANKEL.

Zz6pWcP.jpg

I read a lot of the history during which the show will take place. It sounds like an early outline for what GRRM had originally planned for AGOT, with MANY strong similarities. I mean a master of whispers named Larys and whose allegiance remains unknown even after his death, and who spirited away young Targaryen heirs to protect them? It's literally Varys with one letter changed.