• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

DinkyDev

Feb 5, 2021
Interested to hear the premise. I'll take a good Spielberg UFO movie any day.

Last edited:

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I still need to see Close encounters.
It's on PS plus core but I'm having audio issues with my headset so can't really watch it.

Anyways, glad Spielberg is doing SciFi again

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the twist is they were just owls like the real thing.
Z7HeRxU.png

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I hope the twist is they were just owls like the real thing.

And/or that they were all shitfaced drunk just like the real thing.

I love how the "shot green men in metal suits" thing has basically been assumed to just be them shooting the side of their tin shed.

Honestly, it's my favorite UFO story. The hand poking through the window to touch the kid's hair after the first 'assault" terrified me as a kid. I heard a story that "they were back and hiding in a mine" years ago on Mysterious Universe and the "I want to believe" alarm went off.

But the older I got the more skeptical I got and all the fun died.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
As these guys get older it's sad to think realistically about how many more movies they have in them. I think a science fiction UFO kind of thing from Spielberg would be great at this point in his career.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like Koepp has given up on directing for the time being and is just a writing machine again. No complaints, he's a great writer when he's paired with a discerning creative partner (I think I've mentioned it before, but Koepp's screenplays are so mechanically good (as in, they read real smooth) that it's soooo easy to gloss over issues in them that wouldn't be too difficult to address if they were just brought up when it mattered (making him a weird example of someone ludicrously successful who would probably be even better if he was paradoxically a little worse)).

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
This is good news... Time for CE3K re-watch I think. Such a great film, even if the effects look rather dated today. Spielberg rarely misses and the prospect of another UFO film from him is very exciting.

Nov 3, 2017
Would make me truly excited again to see a film directed by him for the first time in over a decade (Lincoln), and really not since War of the Worlds.

Not talking about well received good/great movies like Fabelmans or West Side Story et al. I mean the excitement for someone whose first cinema experience was JURASSIC PARK and the indelible memory of puissant movie magic.