Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So like a pull back, was coming eventually, now the question is if this is the start of a trend change. too early to call yet tho.
I wouldn't put it past the market for this to be the start of the fall.
I sat on the sidelines for the most part since june expecting a adjustment fall and it just kept climbing... I get FOMO and decide to ride Microsoft only for it to crash.
Seems right lol.
Oh well worst case I have some shares of microsoft for 5-10 years :P

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
My Stor Capital stock still clinging on to green today. Hang on buddy, you can do it!

Sitting right near the 200 day moving average too...only need a couple pennies to jump it. Might not be able to do it today though with all this downward market pressure.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Occasional corrections are healthy and tech was way overheated. Consider adding to your stack.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Nonono. You want it to remain above $400. D:
hey I bought microsoft because I figured it was more stable than tesla, if I'm going down I want to see tesla go down harder MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
Dow hit the minus 1k
nHdZSNB.png

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Dow down over 1,000 points. Wonder if this will continue through the end of the week.

Come on Wall Street, you always juice the markets so you can have a good weekend, what happened this week?!

Electro15

Oct 7, 2018
I forgot I had a $402 stop sale on Tesla and it just hit. Was planing to hold it for tomorrow to see if we get a recovery. Might buy again if it keeps deeping

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot I had a $402 stop sale on Tesla and it just hit. Was planing to hold it for tomorrow to see if we get a recovery. Might buy again if it keeps deeping
just jumped up to 405 and the dow is only down 880 or so now. small rally. lets see if it continues to close or if it was just a blip.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Just remember that our president will do all he can to pump the markets this month and in November to help his election chances. I expect this to bounce off that channel Sheepinator posted that would be both a healthy correction and obey the long term trend line of the market (although I am not willing to bet on that just yet). Even if it dips a little under I'm sure the fed will spin up those printers.

Just uncertain whether tech will have topped off and move sideways for a while now or not while the rest of the sectors catch up.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just remember that our president will do all he can to pump the markets this month and in November to help his election chances. I expect this to bounce off that channel Sheepinator posted that would be both a healthy correction and obey the long term trend line of the market (although I am not willing to bet on that just yet). Even if it dips a little under I'm sure the fed will spin up those printers.

Just uncertain whether tech will have topped off and move sideways for a while now or not while the rest of the sectors catch up.

That's how I feel. I don't think they are going to let another crash like a few months ago happen.

Then again it's 2020

less

Oct 25, 2017
That's how I feel. I don't think they are going to let another crash like a few months ago happen.

Then again it's 2020

I think Trump will do anything to juice the stock market. One just needs to look at how hyper-focused he is on the market. With election right around the corner it would be extremely unlike him to do nothing about a decline stock market.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
Who knows what will happen these coming days, but today I learned my lesson: have a bigger stash of cash ready.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Who knows what will happen these coming days, but today I learned my lesson: have a bigger stash of cash ready.
I typically only put 50% of my stock cash in at a time. since I was positioning myself for longer term with microsoft this time I did 75%. Today I put the last 25% in... so yeah... I need to get on making my Schwab account so I can have access to more money in case the market continues to dip like this.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Will be super interesting what happens leading into a long weekend. Typically slow times for trading but there could be a lot of nervous people tomorrow. VIX hit 36 today and currently at 34, it's only broken that level twice this year, in March and June, who knows if it'll be a repeat of March or June.

Interestingly put call ratios have been extremely low right now, so protection and hedging isn't really happening, panic stations could well and truly kick in.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Stor Capital did it. Finished green and jumped the 200 day moving average by one penny 💪💪💪

Now watch the broader market be up tomorrow and stor lose the 200 day moving average 😭

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Took most of my profits outside a few companies, Gold, ETFs and bonds today. Market is still way too high, election is coming, no stimulus, there is still a pandemic that is most likely gonna flare up again in the fall, the real economy is still shit.

Last edited:

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Trying to time the market might be a fools errand but if only I had some money tomorrow!

Oh well.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure I'm down 30k + today between my brokerage and retirement account 🤬😡👎 Apple curb stomped me.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm down a ton too but on the bright side fb had a pretty decent recovery from lows at the end there.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Is unemployment tomorrow? If that is bad i reckon that is a trigger for another sell off

Status
Not open for further replies.