Status
Not open for further replies.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
This is dumb. He never addresses the anchor questions regarding GameStop as an actual good investment. He uses Tesla as a comparison that hedge funds always rallied against it. How the fuck is Tesla comparable to GameStop? They are exact opposites in terms of operational strength. Disregard how hedge funds and traditional investment bankers do nefarious acts, he side steps the fundamentals of GameStop as a business. He openly admits he doesn't even know much about it. GameStop is not a good buy, plain and simple, nothing in regards to how its operating, other than potentially the appointment of the Chewy staff to their board, shows any positive strength for the firm. So what he's advocating for or defending is the WSB crowd as "power to the people" who are doing real work on a valid stock. Bullshit, nothing about GameStop is a solid stock and any intelligent investor would tell you to avoid it at all costs.

Retail isn't trading on value per se, they're trading on the same market manipulation and leverage that institutional has done for some time. Institutional does it, and that's okay, but retail does it and squeezes the institutional investors and that's wrong? That's what he's saying.

I've never listened to a single interview about stocks in my life, I'm 37. That was fucking awesome. Guy is a legend for stating it like it is.

Yeah this was fantastic. And that asshole Scott kept saying "show me the white papers"... just shows that he's not savvy enough to understand, or is just taking the corporate viewpoint and suppresing the retail investors.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently some big funds have to liquidate some assets because they got caught in the short

Kinda been the story of the past year. Great earnings but dip.

Only exception of big tech was netflix last week
Only things holding Netflix back were the risks of Disney+ and other subscription services eating into their market share and whether they'd ever be profitable. Now that we're past those, I don't see anything to hold them back for the foreseeable future.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
how come WSB and others are bullish on NOK? is it just 5G? I looked at short interest and it said less than 1%? is that correct?

Also its a $30 billion market cap, Im just in it for hopefully a run up, I can understand why GME went up, and all the factors that all came together at once to generate a crazy run on the price.

is Nokia, literally just people hoping it goes up cause it only $5?

what the rational?

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
how come WSB and others are bullish on NOK? is it just 5G? I looked at short interest and it said less than 1%? is that correct?

Also its a $30 billion market cap, Im just in it for hopefully a run up, I can understand why GME went up, and all the factors that all came together at once to generate a crazy run on the price.

is Nokia, literally just people hoping it goes up cause it only $5?

what the rational?
They (or some of them) believe it's undervalued. It's not so much a short interest scenario, as with other tickets. I'd say both NOK and BB actually have good prospects for the future; all this craziness is the big cherry on top.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
KOSS jumped up 60% on a refresh after I'd been on the ticker for less than 10 seconds, then halted. Insanity.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
They (or some of them) believe it's undervalued. It's not so much a short interest scenario, as with other tickets. I'd say both NOK and BB actually have good prospects for the future; all this craziness is the big cherry on top.
Because NOK and BB have prospects for the future is why I went with them... and thus am only* getting 40% return instead of 200% like a lot of the others. Far less stress about them crashing to nothing while I'm at work though lol.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Because NOK and BB have prospects for the future is why I went with them... and thus am only* getting 40% return instead of 200% like a lot of the others. Far less stress about them crashing to nothing while I'm at work though lol.
Oh, today's been stressful for sure. I'm thinking about keeping both around for a while, they seem to have solid footing on emergent industries or tech.

Finlay

Jan 24, 2021
Is there a reason why PINS has dropped since Monday? It was mid 70's last week, and now it's circa $64. I can't find any news to explain the drop. Am I missing something?

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
LOL did they halt NAKD? I bought some at .70 for luls and I was surprised to see it went to 1.30 so quickly

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I can keep this up past this week. Too much stress. Robinhood account currently at an ATH.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Where did NAKD even come from...? People are just throwing shit at the wall at this point.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Don't know shit about stocks, put in $70 because of all this. Currently up $22

TnyuV_g7dcMMo9TMMyWDdGYXdVlZRa5bb1J9ilVgq1FYYD_u-cGm3fVLo2SWgvTxfbe-00BWqy62OAxAilDu9xa3GCxdXoyWycoO9L26D4VQbnVNUFriDMhLzyg

DrDarkStryfe

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
There are people sitting in offices in high floors looking at their screens and seeing the entire market having a bad day, even blue chippers, excpet for this small handful of stocks that have shot up double and triple %.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
How much did you spend? I would love to buy $200 worth but every option is like $2k plus. Wish micro options or mini options whatever they were called took off

Yeah, not sure if anywhere offers that but at Fidelity it's in lots of 100. Spent $13k which is a little scary, but I'll sell if it drops too much.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Shocking amounts of NOK resistance right around the $7 mark. I'm pleasantly surprised it hasn't dipped further. Going to channel my inner "deepfuckingvalue" and hold my long calls.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
RH: Snappier UI, less requirements vis a vis income, wealth, etc
Fidelity: More stability, old-ish UI, stricter background checking, more products (tickers) that RH doesn't have, better customer service

This is just a guess. I never used Fidelity but have seen a bit of it in action and I no longer use RH.

IMO, if you just want to throw $200 around for fun, RH is better. If you're serious about investing for retirement or whatever, an established broker like Fidelity or Schwab are better.
wb td ameritrade am i just fucked?

Status
Not open for further replies.