Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Is there any good news left to come?

Shutdown resolved for this CY.
Israel ceasefire.
NVDA earnings.
Rate hike off the table.
MS lost their AI guy, got him back which boosted the stock, then he went back to OpenAI, and MSFT is still up $10 despite effectively no change.
VIX at 52-week low.
QQQ's at 2-year high.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Is there any good news left to come?

Shutdown resolved for this CY.
Israel ceasefire.
NVDA earnings.
Rate hike off the table.
MS lost their AI guy, got him back which boosted the stock, then he went back to OpenAI, and MSFT is still up $10 despite effectively no change.
VIX at 52-week low.
QQQ's at 2-year high.
Add this:

oilprice.com

Oil Prices Drop Amid Report OPEC+ Meeting Will Be Delayed | OilPrice.com

Oil prices dropped early on Wednesday morning on rumors that this weekend’s OPEC+ meeting might be delayed.

The November 26 meeting of the ministers of the OPEC+ alliance will be postponed due to OPEC leader Saudi Arabia expressing dissatisfaction over the production levels of the other members, delegates have told Bloomberg.

The meeting may be delayed for an unspecified period of time, according to the anonymous delegates who told Bloomberg that the Saudis have been in talks with the other oil producers about their output.

The Kingdom will likely try to persuade other OPEC+ members to make more cuts, hedge fund manager Pierre Andurand told Bloomberg earlier on Wednesday.

Saudi Arabia be like: "You don't manipulate the price enough!!1"

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I think OPEC may have fucked up and lost control over the price of energy. They kept prices inflated for too long and let others fill in the gaps. SA wants to drive the price up to fuck with the US (and get their boy re-elected), but the other cartel countries don't have trillions of dollars saved up and they need to continue to make money. The way I see OPEC returning to the driver's seat is to go the other direction and drive prices down to shut down some of the other pumps.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
26 forward PE, launch of more powerful AI chip, continuously beating forecasts, and continuously strong order demand from clients that have endless pockets of a cash scares you?
the volatility does

that was a flawless quarter and it was down 21 bucks at one point. i would say it's priced for perfection…. but even perfection seems to be not enough

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I disagree NVDA is priced for perfection. Sure, it seems expensive because of the 1-year chart, but as reKon pointed out, it's not all that expensive. It has a similar valuation now to Apple, which is low single digits growth and I don't know why people pay Apple such a high premium (historically it was about 16x until five years ago).

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Almost forgot the market was open for half a day today. Hopefully it's not too red of a day.

$COIN might be doing some interesting things today because... you know 😎 Things are getting a little tingly with Binance getting dunked on~

Just a space to watch...not financial advice. I have no position in $COIN either.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
$COIN might be doing some interesting things today because... you know 😎 Things are getting a little tingly with Binance getting dunked on~

Just a space to watch...not financial advice. I have no position in $COIN either.

And there you have it. $COIN $116 after closing on Wednesday at $110

Last edited:

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
what's the catalyst?

did they get closer to the spot etf?

I think it's just continued momentum from the Binance money laundering shit from recently, despite crypto pulling back a little. Like $COIN is basically the last (legit) big exchange in town now. It's dumped quite a bit from the November 2021 highs; I think you could expect a nice squeezin' if you think crypto is going to the moon in the future. Will it go back to $342? Who knows, not until crypto euphoria comes back anyway. I suppose if you want a piece of the action but are afraid of crypto, you could always buy some Jan 2026 LEAPS; IV is around 70%.

Not financial advice, of course. 🤣

Last edited:

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
$122 now. At a 52 week ATH. Remember when I was buying in the $30-$55 range like Cathie? This stock will hit $1000 by 2025.

lol I'll take that bet.

Hit $128. Momentum is still going. Looking at how BTC held 37K recently, it'll probably breach 38K and take $COIN with it. Lots of momentum going on here; look at the past seven days when it got over $100. Just squeezin' with the green.

1K is pretty lofty for 2025. I'm going to say no unless people start shouting blockchain in place of AI and we get into that mania again 🤪

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Hit $128. Momentum is still going. Looking at how BTC held 37K recently, it'll probably breach 38K and take $COIN with it. Lots of momentum going on here; look at the past seven days when it got over $100. Just squeezin' with the green.

1K is pretty lofty for 2025. I'm going to say no unless people start shouting blockchain in place of AI and we get into that mania again 🤪
I fully believe 2025 will be an AI moment. 6 or so ETF selected Coinbase to custody the bitcoin. Blackrock partnership with Coinbase will be even more massive when the bull market starts for crypto. It's a big win for Coinbase. They'll be the defacto leader.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York

Oh I meant I don't think it's getting (close to) 1k by 2025 ha.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
My question is even if there is a crypto bullrun, will COIN get higher than its previous ATH? The way it's been running with bitcoin would suggest it would.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
We'll have to see. I feel like coinbase IPO'd when IPO's were skyrocketing and obviously crypto was at an intense fervor. Even if there is another cycle I feel like it won't have that IPO strength.
Coinbase IPO came at the peak of crypto hype where it was just skyrocketing to $500 crypto winter and FTX just ruined that. I do think next year and the year after will be an AI moment and companies and intuitions will partner with Coinbase.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I dont know what to do with my spare cash just in a high yield saving. I kind of want to just auto money every week into a SP 500 and Total Market index fund but I feel market drop is coming 🤔

Oct 30, 2017
First inflation data for November from Spain:

Flash Spanish CPI reading for November was released today at 8:00 am GMT. Report was expected to show an acceleration from 3.5 to 3.7% YoY.

Actual report showed an unexpected slowdown from 3.7 to 3.2% YoY. On a monthly basis, CPI inflation came in at -0.4% MoM while market expected +0.1% MoM.

pioneer

May 31, 2022
I dont know what to do with my spare cash just in a high yield saving. I kind of want to just auto money every week into a SP 500 and Total Market index fund but I feel market drop is coming 🤔
What are your investment goals? Is this for retirement decades from now? If so, no need to worry about a drop if you plan to buy weekly

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
So, help me out here:

I'm that guy. I don't know much of anything about the stock market but decided to drop 200 extra bucks into Gamestop at the beginning of the trading day this morning with the idea that if it turns into 100 dollars, I'm ok with that. I'm currently sitting at 225 at the time of writing this and I can't really discern if this whole December 6th earnings call means I could make a lot of money or if it's more likely to plunge. Obviously there is a lot of "who knows?" but I'm kind of curious what the expectation of all the people getting in on it is.

Vomiaouaf

Oct 27, 2017
People really excited about GME again? Lmao.

Lot of people holding bags. They made 50% off the stock in two days. Whether it "rockets" or not if they put stop losses they're locking in some nice gains. But yes this is going to end badly like last time.

Edit: there were a lot of call options bought a few days before and those are up 5 to 10,000% so as always someone knew ahead of time and did really nicely as well.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
LOL GME. I don't know why people are still giving Cohen slack there. No profits, they don't even take questions at earnings calls either, nor outline any sort of plan. Meanwhile, the stock is 60% higher than a decade ago when they had $4 EPS and a working business model.

Vomiaouaf

Oct 27, 2017
So, help me out here:

I'm that guy. I don't know much of anything about the stock market but decided to drop 200 extra bucks into Gamestop at the beginning of the trading day this morning with the idea that if it turns into 100 dollars, I'm ok with that. I'm currently sitting at 225 at the time of writing this and I can't really discern if this whole December 6th earnings call means I could make a lot of money or if it's more likely to plunge. Obviously there is a lot of "who knows?" but I'm kind of curious what the expectation of all the people getting in on it is.

My best guess (and it is absolutely a guess I didn't research shit on this one) is that the earnings will be a nothing burger. All of this is 100% dissociated from fundamentals and purely speculative, riding the "Reddit/fintwit" wave.

So as long as you're not playing with options (in which case you'd be better off derisking ahead of earnings) just keep a trailing stop loss with whatever you feel comfortable with. The stock usually crashes after market hours (if/when it does) so keep in mind that you won't necessarily be able to exit how you'd like at all.

This is 100% lotto money and think of like playing the lottery with slightly better average odds.

Edit: to be 100% transparent, I'm holding super cheap puts far OTM for right after earnings in case it crashes and burns before that. I missed the ride up and don't want to chase that late. But it's basically lunch money (or lottery tickets) for fun. Willing to lose 100% of it. So I don't really have a horse in this race.

Last edited:

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
My best guess (and it is absolutely a guess I didn't research shit on this one) is that the earnings will be a nothing burger. All of this is 100% dissociated from fundamentals and purely speculative, riding the "Reddit/fintwit" wave.

So as long as you're not playing with options (in which case you'd be better off derisking ahead of earnings) just keep a trailing stop loss with whatever you feel comfortable with. The stock usually crashes after market hours (if/when it does) so keep in mind that you won't necessarily be able to exit how you'd like at all.

This is 100% lotto money and think of like playing the lottery with slightly better average odds.

I was watching it all happen yesterday and after the trading day, the value just kept going up and it largely stayed at the exact speculative number this morning/ continues to go up. Part of me wanted to sell near the end of today's trading day if I was even 20 or 30 bucks up and then just watch it all again tomorrow. Definitely treating it like a really expensive scratch ticket for the holidays so no harm no foul if I come out with half my money.

Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.