• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Can you smell the desperation? The opening of Intel's CC yesterday:

Thank you, John, and good afternoon, everyone. Q4 was the culmination of a year of tremendous progress toward our IDM 2.0 transformation. We consistently executed on our plan to reestablish process leadership, further build out our capacity and foundry plans, greatly improved product execution, and began to execute on our mission to bring AI everywhere across our product segments.

Then later:

Intel continues its mission to bring AI everywhere. We see the AI workload as a key driver of the $1 trillion semiconductor TAM by 2030. And given our foundry and product offerings, we're the only company able to participate in 100% of the TAM for AI silicon logic. We have already discussed how our 50-year heritage and high-performance computing transistors and our advanced packaging positions IFS to benefit from the accelerating move to AI.

Within our product portfolio, we are the only company with the products, IP and ecosystem reach to empower customers to seamlessly integrate and effectively run
AI in all their applications from the cloud through the network, into the enterprise client and edge. For the developer working with multitrillion parameter frontier models in the cloud, Goudi and our suite of AI accelerators provides a powerful combination of performance, competitive MLPerf benchmarks, and leadership TCO. As AI proliferates and the world moves toward more AI-integrated application, there's a market shift toward local inferencing and smaller, more nimble models. It's a nod to both the necessity of data privacy and an answer to cloud-based inferencing cost and round-trip latency.

With
AI-accelerated Xeon for enterprise, Core Ultra ushering in the AIPC era, and OpenVINO enabling developers seamless and versatile support for a range of clients and edge silicon, we are bringing AI to where the data is being generated and used rather than requiring it in the cloud. Our expansive footprint spanning cloud and enterprise servers to volume clients and ubiquitous edge devices positions us well to enable the AI continuum across all our market segments. In Q4, our server business experienced solid sequential growth, consistent with market share, which we believe was flat with Q3 levels. Since launching 4th Gen Xeon in early 2023, we have shipped more than 2.5 million units with approximately one-third of all 4th Gen demand driven by AI.

With our 5th Gen Xeon launch, we enable up to 42% higher
AI inference performance, compared to the industry-leading 4th Gen Xeon. 5th Gen Xeon has reached general availability at Alibaba is entering public and private previews with several CSPs and is on track to ship with OEMs next month. More importantly, our improved execution is strengthening our product portfolio with Gen 4 and Gen 5 Xeon ramping well, Sierra Forest and Granite Rapids coming soon and Clearwater Forest already going into the fab. Momentum is building and positioning us well to win back share in the data center.

Our Gaudi2
AI accelerators...

www.fool.com

Intel (INTC) Q4 2023 Earnings Call Transcript | The Motley Fool

INTC earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2023.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Remember me? Benny Blanco from the Bronx? 😎

Still holding, baby.
You have some decisions to make...

I don't think Intel has a moat anymore.

They literally only make money because the competition isn't able to meet all the supply (mainly for laptops). They aren't a set leader in any category, lol...

Last edited:

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
doing an experiment -
-bought 100 shares of SAVE for 597$ this morning -(5.97 a share)
-sold 6$ calls expiring today for 15 bucks premium,
-rolled it at 3pm to next friday for 58 bucks
-73$ profit, that's 12% of my initial investment back in a day….not sure how sustainable this is, but if i can get to 600 then ill be rolling with all houses money

i'll keep going until it blows up in my face 🤷‍♂️

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
You have some decisions to make...

I don't think Intel has a moat anymore.

They literally only make money because the competition isn't able to meet all the supply (mainly for laptops). They aren't a set leader in any category, lol...

As long as 'Murica sees a need for homeshoring (threat of China invading Taiwan), I think Intel will keep benefiting from government investment. A risk here is if we get a Republican president unless Trump still has a hate boner for China 🥴 EDIT: https://www.theverge.com/2024/1/27/...-is-preparing-to-announce-chipmaker-subsidies 🤔

Long term, I'm bullish on the stock. There's going to be some pain in the meantime but I view this as Intel's AMD moment. I'm still waiting to see what Jim Keller cooked up before he left with his project rumored to release in 2025 or later. I'll bail if my Jim Keller hopium doesn't turn the ship around.

doing an experiment -
-bought 100 shares of SAVE for 597$ this morning -(5.97 a share)
-sold 6$ calls expiring today for 15 bucks premium,
-rolled it at 3pm to next friday for 58 bucks
-73$ profit, that's 12% of my initial investment back in a day….not sure how sustainable this is, but if i can get to 600 then ill be rolling with all houses money

i'll keep going until it blows up in my face 🤷‍♂️

Are you familiar with "the wheel" strategy? https://www.reddit.com/r/thetagang/comments/lui6k9/complete_guide_to_trading_the_wheel_thetagang/

Last edited:

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
yeah i did that in 2021 during the insane bull runs and made a pretty decent amount. the only issue is in a non bull market if the stock falls below your cost basis, the premiums dry up if you want to stay even on the execution price. so you have to use the modified cost basis to find new executions (original cost-total premiums earned/number of shares= new cost). but then if the stock jumps you miss out on profit

my sustainability comment comes from the situation with SAVE. what's unique about spirit airlines is, it's a 6$ stock giving out 80$ weekly premiums…. so i'm making 10%+ of my initial invest of 600 bucks (these are non earning week numbers). so that doesn't make sense. i might get out next week by just letting it execute, cause the numbers look fishy

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah i did that in 2021 during the insane bull runs and made a pretty decent amount. the only issue is in a non bull market if the stock falls below your cost basis, the premiums dry up if you want to stay even on the execution price. so you have to use the modified cost basis to find new executions (original cost-total premiums earned/number of shares= new cost). but then if the stock jumps you miss out on profit

my sustainability comment comes from the situation with SAVE. what's unique about spirit airlines is, it's a 6$ stock giving out 80$ weekly premiums…. so i'm making 10%+ of my initial invest of 600 bucks (these are non earning week numbers). so that doesn't make sense. i might get out next week by just letting it execute, cause the numbers look fishy

I'd rather do it on something more "safe". And I would sell it slightly ITM and further out in time so you are collecting your investment back + all the extrinsic. For example you could buy write QQQ for two weeks out at ITM 420 strike for over $700. You are netting $400 in premium. That's ~$800/mo net. Granted you lose out on any QQQ gains but that's not the point of a high frequency bearish wheel strategy.

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
SoFi crushes and is now GAAP profitable as expected. Their financial services (non lending)/tech platform is showing strong growth and guidance is really good...

Get fucked shorts.

Last edited:

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
SoFi crushes and is now GAAP profitable as expected. Their financial services (non lending)/tech platform is showing strong growth and guidance is really good...

Get fucked shorts.
There might be a bump in stock, it hasn't been able to hold value on earnings beats in the past though. Maybe that changes with profitability but I'm skeptical.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I have to worry about the SoFi puts I sold finishing itm. Let's see if the $12 call I bought will do anything.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
8e0f9u.jpg

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Timed that SOFI buy pretty, pretty well. I was confident, but not confident enough to buy as much as a should have. Set the stop loss above my entry price, so I'm feeling good.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
NEW POLL - NOTE MULTIPLE CHOICES AVAILABLE

Will they open green or red on Wednesday morning? Poll closes in the afternoon.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
EU economy is so fucked beyond repair that is not even funny. No growth in Q4, Germany - 0,3.

Thankfully we have the US.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Taxes make this a strategy that's not really viable, unless you're only up a very small percent and think it's going to really crash (>10%).
That's valid if it's currently, or is planned to be, a long term hold. If it's a shorter term hold then the tax consideration is moot.

EDIT: Or in an IRA, as Chuck just mentioned.

Last edited:

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
What if you do your trading inside your IRA?
Yeah, that's true. Trade to your heart's content inside an IRA. I also HATE trying to time the market based on earnings, which sometimes act completely nonsensical and can turn on a dime.

That's valid if it's currently, or is planned to be, a long term hold. If it's a shorter term hold then the tax consideration is moot.
That's my long term holding mindset right there.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
Yeah, that's true. Trade to your heart's content inside an IRA. I also HATE trying to time the market based on earnings, which sometimes act completely nonsensical and can turn on a dime.

That's my long term holding mindset right there.
buy a small rental property and it'll wash away all your tax woes. depreciation by itself will give you yearly 25k of paper loses for the next 27.5 years

Last edited:

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I have a small brokerage account which I day trade in for "fun", but I just don't worry about the taxes. Profitable trades are still profit, and even when Uncle Sam takes a portion of it for themselves I've still made money and grown my account.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
The market is definitely due for a pull back. Which of these earnings reports are going to start it?
I guess by "the market" you mean the Mag 6?
Problem is they need to provide insane AI/cloud/ad guidance to validate the rally and let it continue. Otherwise we will get sideways movement with a few dips (see Apple). Earnings beat is already priced in.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Fed day tomorrow.

So we have MS, AMD and Google this afternoon, Fed tomorrow, then Apple, Amazon and Meta on Thursday.

Advance market preview:

ba28e6219e9aad0266f920b8b3874ca66bd47786_2000x2000.webp

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast

is this what's pushing tesla up?

the recovery is ahead of schedule and fucking up sold calls. i did 205 last week, rolled it to 207.5 this week, but the stocks recovering too quick

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
is this what's pushing tesla up?

the recovery is ahead of schedule and fucking up sold calls. i did 205 last week, rolled it to 207.5 this week, but the stocks recovering too quick
I saw news earlier about positive China sales.

Also, it was oversold, down 30% in a month. I was buying calls yesterday morning based on giving it a couple days to settle down after the earnings drop, which allows the implied volatility to drop a bit, also it wasn't making new lows by then. All pointed to a rebound imo.

There's a big gap to fill to $207.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Re Fed day tomorrow, market now pricing in basically 0% chance of a cut tomorrow, 40% chance of one cut in March, 55% chance of one cut by May and 30% chance of two cuts.