• This poll will close: .

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
5740d8a5972c42ebc5f95b52de52ad146da6d427.gifv
Ooohh, what's this from?

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Elon just lost his $55B compensation package due to a stock holder lawsuit. Good or bad for TSLA? I'm sure Musk will weep into his bag of emeralds.

It could honestly be good for TSLA, as $2.3B, the cost of the plan, would now have to be added back into Profit & Losses which would boost EPS for the quarter it happens in (possibly Q2 of 2024 if the board accepts the judgement).

Elon wanted a new plan to give him a larger controlling share of Tesla anyway, he really doesn't care about the money value. If the board does not appeal the ruling then this would clear them to propose a brand new plan for Elon. He might actually be happy about this.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Expecting a meh year for Xbox and PlayStation based off the AMD call. They said to brace for annual revenue to decline by a significant double digit percent. Doesn't matter as much to Microsoft but if anyone is doing anything with Sony it's something I've taken note of in my own portfolio.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Almost screwed up bad. Had to go remove some stop losses from my SOFI shares. Forgot I sold covered puts. If I lose money on this thing...

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished listening to the AMD earnings call. Couldn't be less concerned. Gaming revenue is going down but data centers and AI chips are going to the moon. The valuation was a bit out there, imo. But push it down hard and I'll just buy some more.

Next up, GOOG. Unless I see some cracks in the armor, I'm still of the belief that it's the best 'value' of the mag7 stocks.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Apple preview (tomorrow afternoon).

They've had a rough week so far, which means a relief bounce is likely soon. Perhaps a small bounce into earnings then sell-off after results?

There should be strong support at $180. Below there I expect to find reasonable support but $180 would be resistance to get back over. On the upside, that $196-$199 zone is strong resistance.

The options market is currently pricing in a move of about $6.20 after earnings. With the major ma's also about $190, I suspect it stays in the $180-$196 range this week.

hVEML0JO

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
With AMZN (tomorrow), the big round numbers are key, $150 below (also where the 50ma is), and $162 (recent high) and $170 (2022 high) above. Below $150, I'd look for support around $145.

The options market is currently pricing in a move of about $9.40.

ZudpkCdq

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
META preview (tomorrow). It's a bullish chart, a little extended though, being 13% above the 50ma at the close yesterday.

The options market is currently pricing in a likely move of about $23. That would have the potential of a new ATH, though I expect it would quickly be faded back to test around $406, current ATH, and big round number $400. On the downside, potential for weak support around $384 (previous ATH in 2021), with stronger support around $361-$366 and then $354 (also the 50ma). A break of that purple trendline would likely mean sideways or bearish movement for a while. The anticipated move the options market implies would keep it above that rising trendline though, unless it drops a lot more before tomorrow afternoon (*cough* Fed day).

WArDZWTk

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I think Amazon might go green, out of the three. Especially if it stays down before tomorrow afternoon. MS had good results and the consumer is feeling better. Bit of a coin toss still though.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Bullish on Meta, bet they hit on ads where Google didn't and land in the green.

Apple has no chance tomorrow and Amazon is a crapshoot. Wouldn't be surprised if it stays relatively flat.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, the economy got destroyed. But for a beautiful moment in time we created a lot of value for shareholders of money market funds.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
December has 56% expecting 6 cuts, 32% expecting 5 cuts, 10% expecting 4 cuts. I suppose this will creep down by EOW.

www.cmegroup.com

CME FedWatch Tool - CME Group

Count down to the next Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) rate hike with the CME FedWatch Tool, based on the Fed Funds target rate. View the tool.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
chuck sits in his truck listening to Powell blog/

Powell just speaking in circles at this point. Need more data to lower rates. Thinks we'll get that data. But maybe we won't! They're in risk management mode (his words). Not lowering in March barring something bad happening.

people expecting 6 rate cuts aren't serious people

Those are the people still expecting a massive recession.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
lol @ the market expecting cuts starting in March. Guess that explains why the market has pumped so much recently

DarkJ

Nov 11, 2017
Should I dump the few shares of PayPal I have? It feels like everyone's down on it. And it looks like it's having a rough time.