• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Had some NVDA and SMCI puts that printed today and I sold them for a tidy sum. The RSI on both of those is insane. Stupid levels of hype but it's useful to exploit.

SQ calls also did very well for me though I had some weekly puts on CVNA that I took a bit of a bath on. No idea how that company is so appealing tbh :/

NVDA Q4 2024 poll
OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
NVDA Q4 2024 poll results.

Narrator: it mooned.

5AKOvno.png

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Rate cut hopes continue to dim.

Now at nearly zero for a March cut, 22% for 1 cut in May, 68% for 1 cut in June, and down to a forecasted 3-4 cuts by EOY.

www.cmegroup.com

CME FedWatch Tool - CME Group

Count down to the next Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) rate hike with the CME FedWatch Tool, based on the Fed Funds target rate. View the tool.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Markets kinda took a turn from this morning huh. Was up quite a bit and now neg for the day lol

Cinnamon

Jan 18, 2023
Controversial question: Is $8.60 a good entry price for Warner Bros Discovery? Or do ya'll think WBD's stock price will sink lower and lower?

Key highlights from WBD's earnings report:
  • Warner Bros Discovery has been reducing their debt every single quarter. (Source)
  • Max is now profitable. It's not operating at a loss anymore. (Source)
  • Max will be expanding to more countries.
  • Max's subscribers are going up. (Source)
  • The Hollywood strikes are over.
Do you think there's more pain coming for Warner Bros Discovery?

Or do you see the company turning a corner now that the debt is getting paid off, and Max is finally turning a profit?

From the article:

A bright spot emerges in the streaming segment. HBO Max, WBD's flagship platform, achieved a significant milestone by reaching profitability for the first time, boasting $103 million in full-year adjusted EBITDA. This achievement underscores the company's strategic focus on streaming as a key growth driver. Furthermore, global direct-to-consumer subscribers reached 97.7 million, demonstrating continued subscriber growth, although the pace slowed compared to the previous quarter.
WBD prioritized debt reduction, successfully paying down $5.4 billion in debt throughout 2023 and $1.2 billion in Q4 alone. This commitment to financial discipline resulted in a notable increase in free cash flow, reaching $6.16 billion for the full year, a significant 86% jump compared to the previous year. This improved cash flow position strengthens WBD's financial flexibility and provides resources for future investments.

Last edited:

Cinnamon

Jan 18, 2023
I didn't click your sources but I'm pretty sure that NFLX cleared like $1B last quarter.

My mistake. I meant streamers from the traditional Hollywood studios (Disney, Warner Bros, Paramount, NBCUniversal).

Shockingly, Max is turning a profit before Disney+. Peacock and Paramount + are currently dealing with huge losses.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Cathie's NVDA. I'm actually surprised she's completely out of it and hasn't even traded it. So many other tech names she buys the dip, and yes NVDA had a couple of dips not long ago, like $500 down to $400.

cathiesark.com

ARKK Holdings of Nvidia (NVDA) - Updated Daily

Breakdown of NVDA holdings in ARKK. See current position, past trades, and weighting changes

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
...When the entire focus of your firm to invest in companies with disruptive tech that may 3x to 10x in returns in a short period...but you entirely sell out of the model company doing that exactly....

Auntie Wood moves...

x3sphere

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez I would not touch the Ark fund, crazy they have so little exposure to NVDA. Yeah I understand average folks missing out on it but she's previously talked about Nvidia quite a lot and their whole investment thesis is supposed to be cutting edge tech. Massive fail there.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The second highest daily market cap gain was Meta a few weeks ago at $197BN, just ahead of Apple and Amazon in 2022. NVDA's daily gain on Thursday was $277BN. If that daily gain was spun off in its own company, it would be #37 in the S&P 500. If you bought all 41 of Forbe's most valuable sports teams, you could also acquire WBD with NVDA's single day market cap gain.

finance.yahoo.com

Chart of the week: Here's how big Nvidia's record-setting Thursday was

It's difficult to put Nvidia's massive Thursday into context — the stock gained "only" around 20%. But when you're in the top five, a gain like that makes some big waves.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Flat open but TSLA going crazy on no(?) news

Nah, TSLA is just moving up in line with most of the rest of the market. Except for half of the Big 7, which are red so far today for some odd reason.

For example LCID is up over 7% this morning, despite that horrendous earnings report and guidance last week. No reason why really.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I keep thinking GOOGL is the way to go for Mag 7 since it's the cheapest by far and hypothetically is well placed to grow, but they keep disappointing me.

TheRizza7

Oct 30, 2017
Someone tell me what I'm missing from UUUU please. It's been beaten down for a little bit now, their latest earnings transcript seemed great, they're profitable, they have no debt while ramping up production. Is it how expensive uranium is right now? Shouldn't that help them? Feel like I'm missing something why they aren't doing better in terms of performance lately

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Wow EL GOOG selling off hard. Is this the "woke" discount? These types of discounts seem to always end up being a good opportunity 🤣

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
The Google thing is embarrassing but this too shall pass. Nice 3 wave correction being completed, should move up soon. I'm holding onto my shares for now.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Coinbase... This was predictable given all the events events this year...

If you have Robinhood, check out the overnight price right now. Another up another 6% from 16% during the day. Dat BTC correlation...

Last edited:

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
I've sold off stagnant international positions so I now have 7k to put on something that will moon soon. Not sure if I should wait a few days for Republicans to shit the bed.

EDIT

How is google almost down 10% from a month ago? Is it time to buy back in?