• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Ha my taxable account is soaring even further because of NVDA since morning (in addition to Google). I'm assuming this NVDAs reaction to big tech earnings. MSFT seemed to have dropped down a little since

Oct 27, 2017
US PCE Core Deflator (M/M) Mar: 0.3% (est 0.3%; prev 0.3%)

• PCE Core Deflator (Y/Y) Mar: 2.8% (est 2.7%; prev 2.8%)
  • PCE Deflator (M/M) Mar: 0.3% (est 0.3%; prev 0.3%)
  • PCE Deflator (Y/Y) Mar: 2.7% (est 2.6%; prev 2.5%)
So, I assume the Fed will continue to leave rates where they are.
Feels like we're only going to get cuts in the last quarter of the year, if we get them at all.

Deleted member 50498

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I have alerts that trigger whenever VOO goes up by 1% and VUG by 2%.

You know it's a good start for the day when you get both notifications.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
S&P 500 year-over-year earnings growth for the first quarter of 2024 is now seen at 5.6%, according to LSEG data on Friday. That is up from 4.3% the day before.

The latest estimate is based on results from 229 of the S&P 500 companies and forecasts for the rest, with about 78% of reports beating analysts' earnings expectations.

Some 90% of reports from the heavily-weighted communication services are surpassing Wall Street earnings estimates and 88% of reports from the technology sector are beating.

finance.yahoo.com

S&P 500 Q1 earnings estimated growth improves; stocks up for week

U.S. first-quarter estimated earnings growth is looking stronger at nearly the halfway mark of the reporting period, with corporate results giving a boost to stocks this week after recent weakness. S&P 500 year-over-year earnings growth for the first quarter of 2024 is now seen at 5.6%...

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Guess who's annual revenue/profit chart this is?
YSvSMK4.png

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Guess who's annual revenue/profit chart this is?
YSvSMK4.png

That's not a pretty chart.

I owned INTC for almost a decade like a decade ago, it did good for me back then. It more than doubled over the time I had it but it also gave me good dividends so in the end I profited nicely from it. Sold all my INTC in early 2018 to buy TSLA, got lucky with the timing of that one.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That's not a pretty chart.

I owned INTC for almost a decade like a decade ago, it did good for me back then. It more than doubled over the time I had it but it also gave me good dividends so in the end I profited nicely from it. Sold all my INTC in early 2018 to buy TSLA, got lucky with the timing of that one.
The S&P 500 outperformed INTC in that time, and with less risk.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Reposting the upcoming earnings image for the weekend. Highlights include:

SoFi - Mon morning
PayPal - Tue morning
Amazon, AMD - Tue afternoon
Moderna - Thu morning
Apple, Coinbase - Thu afternoon

Fed on Wednesday. Projections for a rate cut are down to near zero this time, 10% June, 30% July, 57% Sep (last one pre-election).

GMGHZXlXgAEvbMf

Shadout

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
I always love these "Person who was right about X, now says Y". They were so popular in the years after 2008.
While the accurate title is "Person who was right about X, but was immensely wrong about A, B, C, D, E and F, now says Y".

Which is not to say he is bound to be wrong. A recession has been a significant risk for a while now, based on the continued attempt to reduce inflation. It is a reasonable bet.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
i sold 175 tesla calls on friday and the stocks at 176 on futures already tonight ….fuck, now i gotta roll 3 weeks ahead to keep pace

mengy about to go on the biggest "i told you so" tour on you people

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
i sold 175 tesla calls on friday and the stocks at 176 on futures already tonight ….fuck, now i gotta roll 3 weeks ahead to keep pace

mengy about to go on the biggest "i told you so" tour on you people

Nah that would be premature.

When TSLA achieves new all time highs over $415/share in two to three years due to car production escalating, Optimus being sold to customers, and Robotaxis actually doing ride hailing on some roads, and Megapack sales being 4-5 times what they are today, THEN I might utter "I told you so". A tiny 8% jump on a morning due to minor news like FSD being sold in China, that's just executing the Tesla plan step by step. 😎

Great time to buy though, I actually bought some more TSLA last week. 😁

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Insane volume on TSLA at the open, it's already over 52,000,000 shares in less than an hour! 😮