• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to hold on to Starbucks for now, but the news coming in this morning doesn't sound good. The execs don't want to lower prices as a way to increase customers and are instead blaming "speed of service" and "occasional customers pulling back on spending" as reasons for their nearly historic dip.

Maybe they're starting to lose business to local coffee shops who charge less and have better tasting drinks. But to completely disregard lowering prices as a way to bring back customers is ridiculous.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I'm going to hold on to Starbucks for now, but the news coming in this morning doesn't sound good. The execs don't want to lower prices as a way to increase customers and are instead blaming "speed of service" and "occasional customers pulling back on spending" as reasons for their nearly historic dip.

Maybe they're starting to lose business to local coffee shops who charge less and have better tasting drinks. But to completely disregard lowering prices as a way to bring back customers is ridiculous.

Reminder there's a BOGO offer today from 12-6PM 😁

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
everyone thinks apple will be horrible so watch the numbers not be as bad as expected and the stock goes green (like tesla)

or it'll crash like sbux cause china china china 🤷‍♂️

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
everyone thinks apple will be horrible so watch the numbers not be as bad as expected and the stock goes green (like tesla)

or it'll crash like sbux cause china china china 🤷‍♂️
Nah, it will stay flat like MSFT. Fuck your puts, fuck your calls...

Edit: My vote: Up < 4% :P

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
NEW POLL

Just three hours!

Apple options market is suggesting a move of about $6, about 3.5%.

The stock is right at the 50ma today, which has been steadily declining. Likely some support and resistance at $165 and $180, which is also around where the options market is predicting the post-earnings move.

MZn1YMm1

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I made it choice between buying SBUX or NKE (instead of doing both) and I picked NKE everytime. It will stay that way for me.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is the quarter where Apple breaks trend and actually bumps up 2-3%. All Tim Cook needs to say is "we're partnering with OpenAI to make Siri better" and it'll pop. Apple still hasn't seen any AI bump.

If it drops, I'm buying more.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Good day today. Still waiting for that elusive day in which all my individual stocks are in the green. There's always at least a couple that ruin perfection.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
LOL, Apple low growth, buying EPS with buybacks as usual.

Revenue down 4%.
iPhone sales down 9%.
China sales down 8%.

"the company announced it was authorizing an additional $110 billion for share repurchases and increased its dividend to $0.25 per share."

finance.yahoo.com

Apple beats Q2 estimates, as iPhone sales decline 10%

Apple reported better than expected Q2 earnings, as iPhone sales fell 10% year-over-year.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
LOL, Apple low growth, buying EPS with buybacks as usual.

Revenue down 4%.
iPhone sales down 9%.
China sales down 8%.

"the company announced it was authorizing an additional $110 billion for share repurchases and increased its dividend to $0.25 per share."

finance.yahoo.com

Apple beats Q2 estimates, as iPhone sales decline 10%

Apple reported better than expected Q2 earnings, as iPhone sales fell 10% year-over-year.
When you're one of the most cash flow positive corporations on the planet you can get away with this lol

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Tim Apple strikes again.

Thank goodness I don't need spend more money buying shares of AAPL. Way better opportunities out there.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Apple just shouldn't be valued as a growth tech stock. It is, but it shouldn't be.

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Coinbase smashing analyst expectations like this tell me that none of them have learned anything over the past 4 years (since the last BTC halving cycle).

Do they understand how Coinbase makes money? Lol...

Or maybe they are still being cautious

To top it off - they keep getting wins every time other large exchange engage in activities to off themselves (i.e. see Binance, Kraken, and Gemini fuck ups).

If people end up most comfortable with using Coinbase out of all of them, they will eat up all the activity during this cycle.

Last edited:

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Coinbase smashing analyst expectations like this tell me that none of them have learned anything over the past 4 years (since the last BTC halving cycle).

Do they understand how Coinbase makes money? Lol...

Or maybe they are still being cautious

To top it off - they keep getting wins every time other large exchange engage in activities to off themselves (i.e. see Binance, Kraken, and Gemini fuck ups).

If people end up most comfortable with using Coinbase out of all of them, they will eat up all the activity during this cycle.
I'm so glad I doubled down buying when Coinbase was $55

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad for any S&P500 folks that the index lacks Coinbase exposure. Suckers.

If only you'd played the Vermont Saxophone, at .1%!

Fun fact Friday!

Vanguard's S&P index ETF ticker symbols are silly faux Roman numerals.

Typically, the Roman numeral representation of the number 500 is "D." So, it could make sense to use "D" as the ticker symbol for an S&P500 index ETF. However, single-letter ticker symbols are discouraged, and Vanguard likes to signify their funds with the letter "V."
So, "VOO" - the ticker symbol for Vanguard's S&P500 ETF - is the Roman numeral for "5" followed by a couple of O's representing the zeroes in "500."

Similarly, Vanguard uses "VIOO" as their S&P600 ticker, and "IVOO" for their S&P400 ticker.

In other news, I'm sad that googling "DJT" no longer has a strong tendency to bring up a chart of the Dow Jones Transportation Average.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
I made a thread about the job numbers in OT. No response. Seems topics are only created when positive economic data is released. Past 7 YC inversion led to a recession with no false flags.
Your OT title is too specific for the general audience.
You need something like the Yahoo headline: April jobs report shows hiring and wage growth slow as unemployment unexpectedly jumps.
Most era members don't care about stocks or yields.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Your OT title is too specific for the general audience.
You need something like the Yahoo headline: April jobs report shows hiring and wage growth slow as unemployment unexpectedly jumps.
Most era members don't care about stocks or yields.
U.S. Confirmed lazy as unemployment rises is catchy...