OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
www.youtube.com

How To Trade Iron Condors on Robinhood (Passive Income Strategy)

The BEST Option Strategy - how I make passive income with iron condors!My Portfolio Tracker : https://www.patreon.com/pandreafinance🔸Get 2 FREE Stocks w/ We...

still getting the hang of iron condors, gonna start doing this for apple 🤔
May you fare better than this:

Post in thread 'Stock Market Era |OT3| Nobody expects the Spanish Inflation!' https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...s-the-spanish-inflation.434972/post-120240378

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
May you fare better than this:

Post in thread 'Stock Market Era |OT3| Nobody expects the Spanish Inflation!' https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...s-the-spanish-inflation.434972/post-120240378
yeah i'm not touching the likes of nvidia and arm with iron condors. 50$ moves in a day will roast that bird

but stuff like apple that is so big and sluggish now because of their size, kinda fits right into this strategy. playing around, i setup a 5/17 expiration condor with a ceiling of 190 and a floor of 172.5. this nets me $25 with only 500 bucks as collateral

basically if apple (currently sitting at 182) stays between 172 and 190 by next week (which is very probable) i make 25$ on 500 bucks, a 5% return in a week. my max loss capped at 475$. throw in time decay and i can close the trade early if i'm in the money or a loss is creeping up

i don't know, lets see. but i'll only pull these on non cpi and non powell weeks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
ARM earnings this afternoon. Stock at $108, options market pricing in a move of $12. That would take it up to the 50ma and early April lows before that sharp semis related drop we saw with ARM, NVDA, AMD, etc. Or down to $95, the lows from last week and the week before.

DbgRF5R9

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
ARM earnings this afternoon. Stock at $108, options market pricing in a move of $12. That would take it up to the 50ma and early April lows before that sharp semis related drop we saw with ARM, NVDA, AMD, etc. Or down to $95, the lows from last week and the week before.
i sold a 105 call. not confident

if it runs up i'll let it execute, my adjusted cost is 102. i'll take the 300$, cause i don't trust the semi market right now. if it caters oh well, like fred durst said "keep rolling rolling rolling" those CCs

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Upstart up like this is just comical. Up 12% so far and they are not yet profitable. Meanwhile other companies posting better results and guidance went the opposite way? (i.e. SoFi who has been profitable quarters in a row now went down 15% on a triple beat and good full year guidance).

This is why long term investing can be hard for new investors. I see why it's so easy to get discouraged when shit doesn't make sense, which can cause people to be a emotional and think they made the wrong decision.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
upstart has always moved like a meme stock (and often pops when they do), idk if it's due to short activity or what causes it. but its ath was like 12x its current price lol, it's hard for me to think of a riskier long term investment than upstart. long term investing is pretty easy if you just buy VTI or something and chill.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Tony Seba's RethinkX put out a great article about the future of humanoid robots and how to possibly expect it to play out over time. It's long but well worth the read for any long term investors:

www.rethinkx.com

This time, we are the horses: the disruption of labor by humanoid robots

Discover how new clean technology can solve environmental problems through accelerated development, adoption, and restoration. Learn how to embrace disruption for a brighter future.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
CRSP stock is in free fall. I don't know why. I do know that they, along with Vertex, are going to make billions of dollars with Casgevy. As it stands, the total addressable market in the US and Europe is around $70B. Vertex is trying to up that number to $300B by eliminating some of the chemotherapy and such needed for treatment. There's more money to be made in other areas of the world, too. I believe they're splitting profit 60/40. Right now, CRSP has a market cap of $4.34B. I'm guessing by this time next year, they're going to be making A LOT of money from this one therapy. They do need to hit on some more of their pipeline for long term success. I'm feeling good about this one and will keep accumulating shares.

Shadout

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Guess I should start buying more CRSP too. It sure has gone down since it rallied last year.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
CRSP stock is in free fall. I don't know why. I do know that they, along with Vertex, are going to make billions of dollars with Casgevy. As it stands, the total addressable market in the US and Europe is around $70B. Vertex is trying to up that number to $300B by eliminating some of the chemotherapy and such needed for treatment. There's more money to be made in other areas of the world, too. I believe they're splitting profit 60/40. Right now, CRSP has a market cap of $4.34B. I'm guessing by this time next year, they're going to be making A LOT of money from this one therapy. They do need to hit on some more of their pipeline for long term success. I'm feeling good about this one and will keep accumulating shares.
Holding my CRSP too. Right now the market is waiting to see the actual revenue coming this year, you see the share price coming down for most biotech launching a newly approved treatment. Things should be more clear in a few months, until then it is likely an even better entry point will come (when I will probably add some more shares too). In terms of additional approved treatments it should take a few years so that part remains quite speculative.

Oct 27, 2017
AI !!!!!!!

finance.yahoo.com

Arm Holdings plans to launch AI chips in 2025, Nikkei reports

UK-based Arm will set up an AI chip division and aim to build a prototype by spring 2025, the report added. Mass production will be handled by contract manufacturers and is expected to start in the autumn of 2025, Nikkei Asia said. Arm will pay for initial development costs, which may go up...
So I'm trying to wrap my head around all of these "AI chips" that Intel, AMD, now ARM and like everyone else and their grandma is claiming to be making. Are these "chips" just more specialized CPUs with AI stuff built in? Like chips that would be used in a phone, PC and so on? Cause these surely aren't really meant to directly compete with Nvidia's big H100 GPUs and stuff for big AI workloads, right?

I guess I just feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I watch CNBC or read any business type articles on people shit talking Nvidia and how they have no moat around any of their AI stuff simply because you have a bunch of other companies making their own custom AI chips or other competitors like Intel or AMD making their own AI stuff. Maybe its different, but hasn't AMD been trying to get a leg up on Nvidia in the GPU space for years now to no avail?

What makes people think that simply because you have other companies trying to one up Nvidia in AI that they'll actually be able to do it any time soon? Years down the road? Maybe.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to add a few less rosy words about CRSP. They do have competition in the space. BLUE has a treatment that was approved right around the time Casgevy was. There are other crspr companies attacking sickle cell disease with various vectors that would be much cheaper and not require the chemo, although they are probably years out from FDA approval. So, proceed with caution.

e - I think the mm's read my earlier post this weekend. Up 6%.

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Meme stocks 😔

I love how roating kitty coming back has simultaneously caused GME, AMC, and BB jump dramatically.