reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Still trying to decide whether VF Corp (North Face, Supreme, Timberland, Vans, etc), is worth making a speculative bet on now.

I mentioned it here before, but still have not added it to my position. At the time I think they still had their old CEO appointed.

The CEO now running it has a history of successfully turning around companies (though they were different industries). He certainly has the intangible brand value there to make it possible. If he's successful, the returns could be insane here...

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
gme climbing again after hours now that portnoy, andrew tate and some other "fight the system" people jumped in 😂

if it stays 34+ by friday i'll make 1k and that's enough rage against the machine for me. so please don't kill it before the weekend

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
GNgANgXbwAAlS5U

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually still holding BB in am IRA - beneficiary account from years back (used GME profits to reinvest into this).

Let's see where this goes...

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck... SOFI is being mentioned too much on WSB and now it's trending. I actually hate this because now I actually have to be actively paying attention now. I can stomach some volatility, but I don't like traders playing games with stocks of legitimate companies making money and are fast growing. Want this to continue to be a long-term hold with actual stability.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Lol have fun guys, I'm not touching a meme stock. Maybe WSB should pump a legitimately good company like Nvidia.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
I just took $2000 from my checking account and put it into Fidelity 500 Index Fund (FXAIX) and Fidelity Total Market Index Fund (FSKAX) in order to catch some of that GME heat.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Lol have fun guys, I'm not touching a meme stock. Maybe WSB should pump a legitimately good company like Nvidia.
I mean some money might flow back into it eventually.

WSB is going after companies with abnormally high short interest. It's a ploy to fuck shorts...which I actually don't mind.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just took $2000 from my checking account and put it into Fidelity 500 Index Fund (FXAIX) and Fidelity Total Market Index Fund (FSKAX) in order to catch some of that GME heat.
FXAIX is a good one. Been paying off very well for me in the year I've had it.

But like others have said, it has nothing to do with GME.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
I mean that I'm investing in the safest milk toast thing to contrast with the most gambling thing like GME to feel like I'm part of the party.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck... SOFI is being mentioned too much on WSB and now it's trending. I actually hate this because now I actually have to be actively paying attention now. I can stomach some volatility, but I don't like traders playing games with stocks of legitimate companies making money and are fast growing. Want this to continue to be a long-term hold with actual stability.
It begins...

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
CNBC is really mad about Gamestop and how the boomer stocks aren't doing anything with good news. They are going to bundle AMC and Gamestop with Starbucks so that Starbucks can do something.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't trade with AMC nor GME because I'm more of a long term investor, but MAN I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to jump in on this! 😂

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a few hundred shares at open. If it squeezes, great. If I have to hold it a few years, great. Best of both worlds.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a few hundred shares at open. If it squeezes, great. If I have to hold it a few years, great. Best of both worlds.
As much as I hate to admit it, it is really the ideal stock for this. It's trading well below fair value (Morningstar thinks it's $13).

If it were to pump and ultimately fall back down, the new bag holders might be actually encouraged to do some research which would show that it's a good company that's been executing for years.

My hope is that in the end this all withers down and shorts become fearful of pulling this off again while the stock remains closer to its fair value.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
SCHW hit 52 week high again. That's 50%+ gain for me in roughly a year. I will continue to hold and start reinvesting into sonething like VTI or MOAT if it keeps some how keeps it up into the 90s before earnings in July (not likely).

pioneer

May 31, 2022
Any MRNA fans on Stock Market Era? My portfolio is close to 100% ETFs at the moment but I'm thinking about opening a long position on it. I feel confident in the stock long term, but my main uncertainty is their current valuation which seems potentially quite skewed from government cash infusion/COVID vaccines. I know there have also been some reports about bad company culture. But I feel like they have so much potential working on cancer, Alzheimer's etc.

It's not much compared to some other 👀 price movement we're all looking at this week, but I'd like to point out that MRNA is up about 30% since I made this post 6 weeks ago. I like the stock.