• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Wish I bought more CCL

WishI knew that before I wish in FENNC at almost at a all time high...
I did buy it. I got cold feet and sold what I had.

doh.gif

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The trend I mentioned earlier continued. The gains are all coming from opening gap ups.

Nasdaq gap at open : +177
Nasdaq during market hours : -161

S&P 500 gap at open : +49
S&P 500 during market hours : -13

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
Lol. I've done pretty well the last few months, but while everyone else had big gains today, my portfolio actually went down (Shopify man...Shopify).

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting turn of events today.

Instead the usual US stocks carrying my depot today it was actually carried by my european stocks being all up >5%.

Hope the tech rout continues this week so i can get some cheap buy ins on monday.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Let's see now if a laggard rally can hold for more than a couple days, or if the market runs back to mega cap tech by Monday next week.

Think its the Liz Ann Sonders chart, 90% correlation. I'd check but have my hands tied right now.

That's right, she is the one who posted it. Thanks!

The trend I mentioned earlier continued. The gains are all coming from opening gap ups.

Nasdaq gap at open : +177
Nasdaq during market hours : -161

S&P 500 gap at open : +49
S&P 500 during market hours : -13

Yeah I've been watching the market get constantly pumped overnight for awhile now.

blazenumb1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Bought about 7k shares of Aston Martin today, big risk but lots of upside and the new CEO coming apparently did well with Mercedes so fingers crossed.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
buy at close, sell at open
So buy at close, sell at open?
Well, if you were doing that with QQQ since Friday April 24th, buying at the close and selling at the open next day, you'd be up $17.31 per share compared to $15.20 for buying and holding. Also, if you were to buy at the open and sell at the close each day, perhaps thinking you're following the trend of that overnight momentum, you'd be down $2.11.

Scotch

Oct 28, 2017
Glad I bought more (Dutch) bank stocks last week, they're flying. Should've bought Air France-KLM as well like I was considering to.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
EU recovery program for the worst hit states is gonna be announced soon so markets will probably react positively.

500 billion in grants
250 billion in loans

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
EU recovery program for the worst hit states is gonna be announced soon so markets will probably react positively.

500 billion in grants
250 billion in loans

It's likely that this package/program won't be accepted without a fight. There are some countries with very hardline opinions of "no grants, only loans". The new EU debt mechanism proposed by France and Germany is also highly controversial. Personally I like the package and how it's implemented (based on what little I know of it!!).

I could see initial positive reactions from markets though.

Last edited:

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Nasdaq was going to strong to keep kicking ass. Hopefully just a little bump in the road. Tech has been stupid good the last month.

OP
OP

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
God I missed multiple orders shorting the the S&P off the open by a goddam penny this morning. Basically crying rn.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Nasdaq was going to strong to keep kicking ass. Hopefully just a little bump in the road. Tech has been stupid good the last month.

IMO people are rotating out of the safe haven tech stocks/stay-at-home and back into other sectors that are looking now likely to recover. I think there will be weakness in tech until the other sectors recover. Not a long term problem, bump in the road like you said, but it's the logical move for a lot of investors. My financials index fund is up like 10% over the last couple trading days with no real news besides "things are getting better."

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
I did buy it. I got cold feet and sold what I had.

doh.gif

I have 105 CCL at 10 average and 30 NCLH. Im still holding for post 30s in couple years. Unless theres a big chance of bankruptcy Ill sell

Up HuGE on PENN ERI and MGM too.

People here mocked me for these stocks and for not waiting for the second crash. Good Stuff.

Roths are up 17% too maxed out.

If a second crash comew Ill put a stop loss in and lock in profits either way

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
I got in (20 shares) on CCL at $12. Wish I had dumped more but got cold feet when it was declining a few days.
Still not a bad buy if you don't mind holding it for a couple of years. I think someone on this forum put down 10K and is probably seeing great returns.
I have 105 CCL at 10 average and 30 NCLH. Im still holding for post 30s in couple years. Unless theres a big chance of bankruptcy Ill sell

Up HuGE on PENN ERI and MGM too.

People here mocked me for these stocks and for not waiting for the second crash. Good Stuff.

Roths are up 17% too maxed out.

If a second crash comew Ill put a stop loss in and lock in profits either way
post $30 is too low considering the ATH.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Phew, that's quite the drop!

Stocks that benefited from people staying at home struggled on Wednesday as investors rotated out of those names. Zoom Video and Netflix dropped 8.1% and 3.3%, respectively. Shopify, Amazon and Teladoc Health fell 9.6%, 3.2% and 8.9%, respectively.

Although with the chance of a Wave 2 happening this fall, I'd see these drops as a buying opportunity.

www.cnbc.com

Dow rallies more than 500 points for a second day, closes above 25,000 for first time since March

Stocks rose for a second day on optimism about the reopening of the economy. However, a decline in tech shares kept the gains in check.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
www.cnbc.com

Boeing is laying off close to 7,000 employees this week as coronavirus pandemic hurts demand

Boeing is laying off more than 6,000 employees this week in a bid to cut costs as the coronavirus roils demand for air travel. The company aims to reduce its head count, which numbered more than 160,000 in 2019, by 10%.
That's gotta be brutal to those affected. Hope they can get back on their feet soon.

I'm curious about whether Boeing could go bankrupt in the near future, given things like this indicate that it really doesn't seem to look healthy at all.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
www.cnbc.com

Boeing is laying off close to 7,000 employees this week as coronavirus pandemic hurts demand

Boeing is laying off more than 6,000 employees this week in a bid to cut costs as the coronavirus roils demand for air travel. The company aims to reduce its head count, which numbered more than 160,000 in 2019, by 10%.
That's gotta be brutal to those affected. Hope they can get back on their feet soon.

I'm curious about whether Boeing could go bankrupt in the near future, given things like this indicate that it really doesn't seem to look healthy at all.
Boeing is too important to the US to go bankrupt

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
AMD slid for some reason today, decided to grab a few more shares as I think they'll be fine with consoles and ryzen for a while

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
AMD slid for some reason today, decided to grab a few more shares as I think they'll be fine with consoles and ryzen for a while

AMD slid along with the rest of NASDAQ because the rest of the economy is improving. I'm following a few Canadian tech stocks and a few people have noted that there's a rotation out of tech into finance, at least in Canada.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Still not a bad buy if you don't mind holding it for a couple of years. I think someone on this forum put down 10K and is probably seeing great returns.

post $30 is too low considering the ATH.

Definently. I plan on 2-3 years. Mainly waiting to see how post vaccine goes.

Ill hold til it settles high then sell.

I want triple my money more or less

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, im literally just getting into all this....and trying to think of some good stocks to put a little into where i can leave it be and not touch it. I see you guys talking about tech stocks, which ones would be a good place to start? I was thinking maybe airlines too might be a decent place.....they were doing ok before Corona and i feel that as things loosen up here in the US travel will open up alot from everyone being locked down and maybe that would be a good place to start too??

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, im literally just getting into all this....and trying to think of some good stocks to put a little into where i can leave it be and not touch it. I see you guys talking about tech stocks, which ones would be a good place to start? I was thinking maybe airlines too might be a decent place.....they were doing ok before Corona and i feel that as things loosen up here in the US travel will open up alot from everyone being locked down and maybe that would be a good place to start too??

Don't take advice from this thread is the best advice you'll get from this thread. This is mostly full of hot takes and people gambling on short-term plays.

Go read the first post in the OT in Off-Topic and do some research. Figure out what your tolerance for risk is and what your investing horizon is (you said not touch it, but for how long) and that'll guide what kind of investment you might want to make.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm reasonably certain TSLA won't budge until the launch happens then it'll either moon or crash pending the results. We shall see. Elon can tank it tomorrow by skydiving off the rocket. TSLA's price I mean, not SPY, though wouldn't it be funny if SPY becomes correlated with TSLA?

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Anybody new to this do not take anyone's word as gospel. I was laughed out of here and other places in ERA when I bought DIA at 190 looking at 5 year lows and was called a fool for buying so high and not letting it continue to tank. Dipped to 185 before rebounding hard now we're at 255 and seemingly no stopping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.