• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Yup. Just like I assumed, this absolutely isn't for me. I only like a single artist that they picked. Toro y Moi is ok I guess.

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to hear Toro y Moi's cover, I guess. Don't really know the rest of the artists other than Paramore really. Well, I know The National, I just don't really like The National.

Oct 27, 2017
Paramore cover has been released:

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/3pRCHHfwYNVCOjWSrkGNw1

And A24 announced all artists who will appear on the album:

variety.com

A24 Sets ‘Stop Making Sense’ Tribute Album With Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Paramore and More Artists Delivering Talking Heads Covers

A24 has announced a 'Stop Making Sense' tribute album with 16 artists covering Talking Heads including Miley Cyrus, Lorde and Paramore.

Jeez this is a bad cover.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
The Paramour cover is... serviceable.

I'll be there for BadBadNotGood, Toro Y Moi, and The Linda Lindas though.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
there are so many picks that probably would have been cheaper than Lorde or Miley Cyrus that could have been interesting but nope... who is this made for?
I could've personally thrown darts at my bandcamp library and found the same amount of bands that would've done real interesting and fun talking heads covers instead of at least from Paramore is a serviceable karaoke cover.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Paramore cover has been released:

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/3pRCHHfwYNVCOjWSrkGNw1

And A24 announced all artists who will appear on the album:

variety.com

A24 Sets ‘Stop Making Sense’ Tribute Album With Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Paramore and More Artists Delivering Talking Heads Covers

A24 has announced a 'Stop Making Sense' tribute album with 16 artists covering Talking Heads including Miley Cyrus, Lorde and Paramore.

Well, that was no Tom Jones and the Cardigans, that's for sure.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

IMG_9304.webp

BRsomebody

Oct 28, 2017
Doylestown, PA
The Paramore cover isn't the most inventive thing in the world by any means, but I like them a lot anyway and it's fun enough.
I don't love recent offerings from The National but I'm interested in seeing what they end up doing. I can see BadBadNotGood, Toro y Moi, Chicano Batman and Kevin Abstract doing more than beat-for-beat covers - not as familiar with the other members of the artist list though.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
That artist list is pretty dreadful, the paramore cover provides noting to ever listen to again. It's a completely average attempt

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Yeah, this might be a waste. Like its a good but unimaginative cover, someone like LCD Soundsystem would have done a faithful cover and also tacked on a cokey rant in the end.

I feel for the artists because this a track like this is a classic so no real way to do it without someone hating.

MorningDew

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very interested in hearing this album when it comes out. I like hearing cover tunes.

One of my favorite cover album is Encomium: A Tribute to Led Zeppelin. If you haven't heard it, I recommend checking it out if you like LZ tunes. It's a fresh take and I think all of the songs are good. My favorite is Stone Temple Pilots version of Dancing Days.

encomium_cover.jpg

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
Not a bad cover, but for a glorious minute I thought this was a single for an impending new album :(

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
I'm very interested in hearing this album when it comes out. I like hearing cover tunes.

One of my favorite cover album is Encomium: A Tribute to Led Zeppelin. If you haven't heard it, I recommend checking it out if you like LZ tunes. It's a fresh take and I think all of the songs are good. My favorite is Stone Temple Pilots version of Dancing Days.

encomium_cover.jpg
Love this one, but my gold standard of tribute albums is the Nativity in Black duology, with Black Sabbath covers. The Therapy cover of Iron Man and the Primus cover of N.I.B both have Ozzy on vocals and they both are awesome.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Everyone's Getting Involved - A tribute to Talking Heads' Stop Making Sense / 2XLP

Out in a few weeks, May 17 - https://shop.a24films.com/products/everyones-getting-involved

02_SMS_Tribute_Front_Cover_With_Records_Tight_Gray.jpg

01. Psycho Killer - Miley Cyrus
02. Heaven - The National
03. Thank You for Sending Me an Angel - Blondshell
04. Found a Job - The Linda Lindas

05. Slippery People - El Mato a un Policia Motorizado
06. Burning Down the House - Paramore
07. Life During Wartime - Dj Tunez

08. Making Flippy Floppy - Teezo Touchdown
09. Swamp - Jean Dawson
10. What a Day That Was - The Cavemen.
11. This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) - BADBADNOTGOOD (Feat. Norah Jones)
12. Once in a Lifetime - Kevin Abstract

13. Genius of Love - Toro y Moi (feat Brijean)
14. Girlfriend is Better - girl in red
15. Take Me to the River - Lorde
16. Crosseyed and Painless - Chicano Batman (Feat. Money Mark)

Another track, Girl In Red's cover of Girlfriend is Better:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBbowjdK5A8
www.youtube.com

Girlfriend Is Better

Provided to YouTube by BWSCD IncGirlfriend Is Better · girl in redGirlfriend Is Better℗ 2024 A24 MusicReleased on: 2024-04-24Main Artist: girl in redProduce...

This one is better than the other two. Really looking forward to a bunch, This Must Be the Place, Heaven, What a Day That Was, Sending Me an Angel, Once In a Lifetime...hell even the Miley cover of Psycho Killer. Hope we get more original takes at the very least, than the Paramore and Lorde versions.