Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'm not sure this was an order from "on high", but this is 100% Trump related. The cop's a Trumphead confirmed.

Oct 28, 2017
Police are generally allowed to exercise their own discretion about when to enforce the law and they're never really in trouble for it. At most sometimes a judge will alter that law if they determine it's being applied in a biased manner. (Not to just bring it back to NYC again, but laws about drinking in public here were modified explicitly because police were almost exclusively ticketing people of color for drinking on their own building's stoop.) But that has to be challenged in court first, which might get that particular person out of the fine as well. Have to assume that will be a part of the approach here, but the police probably won't face any consequences.

It's insane to me that this is allowed. The people upholding the law should always strive to be non-biased and face consequences when they're not.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering all the shit police in America have been during for ages, but it's just depressing how broken the system is. The police force seems to be able to ruin peoples lives on a whim and at the same time aren't subject to much, if any, form of outside control.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
she didn`t touch in a sexual manor, she touched in a social manor.

American society is insane with the absolute no touching policy, like a tapping on shoulder, or placing hand on forearm .

Geez, what are you going to do? arrest all the elderly people who like to hold hands and hold arms?

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The opposite, it's when you allow, as the performer, a customer to touch you.

It's all in the article how the law is set up
Doesn't sound that smart to be honest. The way it is written just seems weird to me.

The official complaint talks about multiple undercover officers being touched during the performance. I'm assuming the breasts in face part.
Why are they undercover in a strip club? o.O

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Shit like this, and Jim Jordan make me wonder if it's true what the Internet Today (former ETC, former Machinima ETC) boys say, that Ohio is the "Florida of the North"?

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Lol at people thinking that this is some sort of Crossing the Rubicon for the United States into some new level of authoritarianism when J Edgar Hoover, both on his own initiatives and by direct Presidential order, did stuff like this All. The. Fucking. Time. For years. Hell he was probably involved in outright murders of Civil Rights activists back in the day. And we definitely know he was instrumental in criminal harrasment campaigns against Black activist groups, anti-war groups, LGBT groups, and journalists. He was Nixon's personal instrument against the people on his enemies list.

And lol if you think the FBI and other intelligence agencies simply stopped doing this stuff after Hoover died. This stuff is disturbingly normal but doesn't usually make headlines anymore because they're usually less stupid about doing it in such a high profile way. But Trump isn't exactly subtle.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I mean........the law is ostensibly in place to protect performers from being assaulted by patrons. I dunno if I'd call it a sexist law.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, the law appears to punish the woman for allowing herself to be touched. How is that protection exactly? Is it just sometimes applied the other way?

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
If this was setup, Stormy's going to get out pretty easily. Ohio has some pretty specific laws about entrapment of any kind, and this would easily fall under the 'not acceptable' part.

Except this isn't entrapment.

Entrapment is when law enforcement entices/coerces someone to do something they wouldn't normally do. This was an undercover operation, and probably perfectly legal.

If, for example, cops had called her up, and said "Hey, if you don't go to this strip club and get touchy feely with patrons who approach you, we're going to hurt your family," and then she did it and was arrested for it, THAT would be entrapment.

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I'm misunderstanding, the law appears to punish the woman for allowing herself to be touched. How is that protection exactly? Is it just sometimes applied the other way?

Ah, I admit I assumed this was like other versions I'd seen where it's more targeted at the men. Guess that makes sense considering SHE was the one arrested. Which is stupid.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Except this isn't entrapment.

Entrapment is when law enforcement entices/coerces someone to do something they wouldn't normally do. This was an undercover operation, and probably perfectly legal.

If, for example, cops had called her up, and said "Hey, if you don't go to this strip club and get touchy feely with patrons who approach you, we're going to hurt your family," and then she did it and was arrested for it, THAT would be entrapment.
Doesnt it depend on the context in which she was touched? Like if the undercover cop went up to her, grabbed her boob, and then arrested her for illegal physical contact in a strip club, wouldnt that qualify as entrapment?

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
An Ohio strip club law prohibits patrons from touching a nude or seminude dancer unless the patron is a member of the dancer's immediate family.

if only those undercover cops were her family!

Sounds like Trump himself is a frequent Ohio Stripclub patron.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, I admit I assumed this was like other versions I'd seen where it's more targeted at the men. Guess that makes sense considering SHE was the one arrested. Which is stupid.

Your assumption would definitely be the more logical setup, and maybe the law does allow for it to be applied both ways though I haven't seen that in any of the reporting so far.

It seems like this is based on that really toxic idea that men just can't help control their own impulses when a woman is dressed a certain way and as she reveals more skin she must be responsible for what the men do to her since she's obviously asking for it anyway, etc.

if only those undercover cops were her family!

Sounds like Trump himself is a frequent Ohio Stripclub patron.

Some of the wording makes it sound as though they're forbidden from touching patrons even in an entirely non-sexual way so long as they're on the property. As funny as the "family member" thing is, I do wonder if you could technically arrest a performer for even just hugging someone on the premises, even if the performer was fully dressed at the time, unless that person was related to them.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Wait a minute.... so, there's a law in Ohio whereby if a patron touches a stripper in a strip club, the stripper is fined and/or jailed?

Jesus. What happens if he hits her? Do they put her on trial for assault?

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Alright everyone, we're gonna need someone to work undercover at the local strip club. Now, you may get boobies in your face or get touched in your genitalia, so this is gonna be a hard assignment. Do we have any volunteers?"

*Everyone raises hand*
Your post makes the persecution of her and other strippers look even more stupid. "We like boobies of good looking women in our faces but will still drag you in front of a judge."

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Selective enforcement for political purposes, violation of Equal Protection Clause of the constitution. On appeals, after she gets convicted on the facts.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Doesnt it depend on the context in which she was touched? Like if the undercover cop went up to her, grabbed her boob, and then arrested her for illegal physical contact in a strip club, wouldnt that qualify as entrapment?

Sure, one might be able to make a case for that. But the report stated that she made her way over to the detectives, leaned over, grabbed their faces, and put their faces between her breasts. Also states that she fondled a third officer's buttocks and breasts.

I'd be VERY surprised if there isn't video of the event, and not even Avenatti is calling it entrapment, so I highly doubt it.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, one might be able to make a case for that. But the report stated that she made her way over to the detectives, leaned over, grabbed their faces, and put their faces between her breasts. Also states that she fondled a third officer's buttocks and breasts.

I'd be VERY surprised if there isn't video of the event, and not even Avenatti is calling it entrapment, so I highly doubt it.
Hm, alright.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I like how the consequences of consequentially being touched by someone regardless of context are more severe then participating political corruption and illegal campaigns.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
b6d8e245fe357ffbdd06ff8865368ee2.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Probably not that far off though. It gets even sleazier, like in this Seatle example:

https://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/How-far-is-too-far-for-vice-cops-patrolling-1237076.php

Gropping, getting repeated lap dances to "test" the stripper...

Well, I mean they've got to do something to occupy the downtime when there aren't any unarmed minorities around to shoot in the back...

And I sure sleep a helluva lot better at night knowing that none of the adult dancers in my town are getting overly handsy at the gentleman's clubs.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was making a jest at how goofy it is to be putting undercover cops in a strip club, in the hopes of implicating a dancer. It's such a ridiculous concept, to be honest. My apologies if it came off in the wrong way.
It is all in good fun and I didn't take your post the wrong way because I know that it is probably 50% true if what we have seen of the police force and general psychology is to believed. Therefore don't take my posts as an attack on you or your posts. I simply grabbed it up and played on it. =)

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not from ohio, no stakes in this battle. Just seems like an unecessary attack on an entire group of people based on weak standing, something this place has been great about going after
Its not attacking a group of people but the legislation, police force and state government that would allow this to happen.

Oct 28, 2017
"Officer Mary did put both hands on officers buttocks, both hands on officers breast, then put her breast in officers face"

That complaint makes it sound like Officer Mary needs to be arrested for anatomical touching of herself.

What's sad about this is that being able to clearly and accurately describe a sequence of events is part of the test to become a police officer.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Florida takes a lot of grief on here so Ohio should be able to take it as well. Suck it up.
Off topic, but the reason Florida gets so much attention is that their arrest records are free to access and open to anyone, so when it's a slow news day media will trawl Florida's arrest records to see if anything bizarre happened. Crazy things happen everywhere in this country, but Florida specifically gets reported on because it's easier to report on this stuff from Florida than most other states.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
The article only says it was an "act that she performed several times in strip clubs".

I'm guessing this is some local law that has to do with lap dances or something. IIRC, different states have different laws on nudity and whatever. I never knew they arrested for it.

may be bottomless and no pasties? Columbus is like underwear on, pasties on the nipples I think

edit: nm saw the update