Votes: 149 33.6%
  • No, you're just desperate

Votes: 163 36.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That robot is really similar to the one from Giorgio Moroder's Metropolis album.

R-2350090-1445725204-4816.jpeg.jpg
ca309039f4411cab892583fde331ccd1.gif

Isn't Giorgio Moroder just the name of a Daft Punk song?
5c052cd0312a9fc10036d48bdbb11542.gif

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Grand Theft Auto 2 was set in the future. From the Wiki:

Grand Theft Auto 2 is set in an unspecified time in a retrofuturistic metropolis referred to only as "Anywhere, USA",[5] but the game's manual and website use the phrase "three weeks into the future";[6] fictional journal entries on the Grand Theft Auto 2 website suggest the year to be 2013, but rather the in-game references suggest the game to be set in 1999.[5]

I think we might be looking at the return of a Hare Krishna crime gang.

SRV

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Didn't want to make a thread for it. But this is kinda interesting? I saw it video a What culture Gaming video and then looked it up myself.

youtu.be

Rockstar Accidentally Leak L.A. Noire Part 2!

Are companies in a bid to outdo each other with insane announcements at this point??NOTE: The leaked video we're discussing has since been removed from Youtu...
Holy shit, set in the 80's too! OMG!!

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't want to make a thread for it. But this is kinda interesting? I saw it video a What culture Gaming video and then looked it up myself.

youtu.be

Are companies in a bid to outdo each other with insane announcements at this point??NOTE: The leaked video we're discussing has since been removed from Youtu...

Makes sense given the remaster, and how well it did. I really hope Rockstar comes back in a big way next gen. LA 2/Agent/Bully 2/ Medieval Red Dead

Also guarantees GTA 6 is present day.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Makes sense given the remaster, and how well it did. I really hope Rockstar comes back in a big way next gen. LA 2/Agent/Bully 2/ Medieval Red Dead

Also guarantees GTA 6 is present day.

Why does it guarantee that?

As for Bully 2, it was in development and then got canned is what is being said right? Oh man I'd take Bully 2 over LA Noire 2 any day. And I did like the first game, except for the interrogations, they never really worked well for me.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017

As for Bully 2, it was in development and then got canned is what is being said right? Oh man I'd take Bully 2 over LA Noire 2 any day. And I did like the first game, except for the interrogations, they never really worked well for me.

They're not doing 80s LA Noire and 80s Gta.

La Noire Part 2 would be competly different tho. Team Bondi is gone. I wouldn't worry about the last game too much.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017

youtu.be

An LA Noire sequel set in the 80s would be awesome. Fingers crossed!

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
They're not doing 80s LA Noire and 80s Gta.

La Noire Part 2 would be competly different tho. Team Bondi is gone. I wouldn't worry about the last game too much.

Ah yes, very good point!

Maybe the artwork was of this after all? Maybe Rockstar is indeed going back to releasing games more regularly. Because I don't see GTA 6 being crazy many years away from release.

reddragon220

Sep 7, 2019
Maybe rockstar is just excited for Cyberpunk 2077 like the rest of us?

It would be great to see a new IP from the Rockstar team though.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that robot is very 70/80's disco vibe, something you'd find on a disco/ hi nrg / new wave album.

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Just in general, I don't see GTA going back to having period pieces. They added nearly 400 vehicles to Online alone and the lion's share of them are current models. Granted, they could set the single-player campaign in the past and just restrict vehicles/weapons to those that wouldn't be too anachronistic while letting Online be a free-for-all.