• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
He's probably trolling so that he doesn't actually break the NDA. The amount of money you are fucked out of for breaking an NDA is no joke but then again he's a millionaire so maybe he genuinely doesn't care?

Mar 15, 2019
Brazil
i mean, everything he said is really obvious

rockstar ain't gonna fumble the bag and not focus on RP for GTA VI online

if the game is on active development for ~3 years and aiming for 2024/2025 it's fair to assume it's on a playable state

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
karl-pilkington-bullshit.gif

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
Guys I've played GTA 7 but I can't tell you anything about it or I might break NDA.

Oh ok then, it's got cars and guns in it. Woops.

Don't forget to like, comment and subscribe. Also please give me bits.

Lonely

Oct 25, 2017
Barely anyone at Rockstar has even played GTA 6 yet it's still that early in dev so just ignore this fool.

OP
OP
SpartaNNNN

SpartaNNNN

Nov 12, 2020
i mean, everything he said is really obvious

rockstar ain't gonna fumble the bag and not focus on RP for GTA VI online

if the game is on active development for ~3 years and aiming for 2024/2025 it's fair to assume it's on a playable state
We started seeing the very early GTA 6 development leaks in 2016 right?

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
Yeah I have no interested in GTA6 but I have a hard time believing he has played it. Purely because if he did and signed an NDA I don't think he would be so cavalier about breaking it. If you closed beta test a game you're probably not going to get in legal trouble for breaking NDA, probably blacklisted from other closed betas from the same publisher at worse, BUT if you're testing an unnanounced game and start talking about it to your million follower twitch base you probably will get in legal trouble for that.

If he is telling you the truth, well I guess it goes to show you don't need common sense to be a twitch streamer.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
No way.

A game that in early in development is going to be hella unstable and full of placeholder assets and untextured polygons. You wouldn't want any outsiders playing it, even under NDA, as the product would be too raw to give a good impression and the risks of your secrets getting out is way too high.

OP
OP
SpartaNNNN

SpartaNNNN

Nov 12, 2020
No way.

A game that in early in development is going to be hella unstable and full of placeholder assets and untextured polygons. You wouldn't want any outsiders playing it, even under NDA, as the product would be too raw to give a good impression and the risks of your secrets getting out is way too high.
Not the first time, someone will get in trouble for breaking NDA.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao bullshit. Yes the devs are totally building rp as the main thing into gta 6, a type of gameplay that literally falls apart the moment you attempt it in a public lobby in a game where everyone immediately shoots everyone.
They're totally invested in this niche rather than all the shark cards profits.

Mar 15, 2019
Brazil
No way.

oh, i know lol it's just that for regular people it's a believable story because everyone wants RP-focused online and RDR 2 was 4 years ago so most people would assume GTA VI is kinda near

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Another attention seeker seeking attention. Why would they let him play it if they didn't want him talking about it? That and TakeTwo's lawyers are fucking ruthless. You'd be the biggest fucking idiot in the world to break NDA with them.

Also no shit the game's been in development since 2014.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm genuinely at a mental impasse. It sounds unbelievably bullshit and dumb, but I also think xQc is exactly the kind of guy who isn't kidding about this.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
"Your honor, I had no choice but to break legally binding NDA agreements!

I needed even more online clout!

You just don't understand!"

Serious doubt here, but won't be checking the actual videos to check context.

Partially because I'm at work, partially because I'm not giving XQC the viewership stats.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
That sounds like someone who has never had to sign an NDA in their life.
They are scary and I have no doubt that the NDA for a Rockstar game such as GTA6 would be next level terrifying.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
All I could think was 'why the fuck is your music so loud, cant hear a word'

But then Im old.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol

nobody is breaking a nda from rockstar if they don't want to get nuked into oblivion

dude is either dumb as fuck or too rich to give a fuck,also i don't understand why he is the biggest twitch streamer..i must be too old

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Lol I watch a ton of x and it clearly seems like he is messing around. Not an ounce of that sounds real. While he does leak things somewhat frequently, it usually happens by forgetting to log out of test servers and such. He's signed enough ndas that not even he would blatantly break one.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Zero chance of having a playable GTA6 build at this date, only separated protos.

Although I would like to be contradicted, my guess is they had to wait for PS5/Series specs to know precisely their target goals.

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine gta 6 online is going to retain a lot of GTA5O so I could see that. They don't want to end that gravy train if they don't have to

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I totally played the gta6 online and everything is a million dollars and shark cards are every ad, available now at your local game stop, power to the players

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Yea I really doubt it.

Also, if in the slightest possible way it is true, I really fucking hope they don't ask him for advice. His RP for GTA online is shit. Just constant shooting/robbing/ shooting again... GTA online needs to be less chaotic and more immersive.

(well, the last time I watched him/ seen him from other streamers like 4 months ago)

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
If anything this makes it sound even less believable
That wasn't one of his "predictions," though. He was just relaying what he was told from "someone insde Rockstar."
www.youtube.com

Grand Theft Auto VI First Details - Pachter Factor

If you enjoy Pachter Factor please consider pledging $2 per month to our Patreon to get it seven days early! http://www.patreon.com/siftd____You can now join...

I mean... he's been wrong, but I can't see him outright lying.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Lol he's obviously trolling
Listen to what he's saying
Do you really think RDM'ing civilians is an "advanced roleplay mechanic"? 😂

He's a multimillionaire as well. He's not dumb enough to break NDA intentionally

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
This just in: makers of the biggest video game ever are making a sequel and focusing on the social aspect that drives the most engagement and revenue

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao you guys really think xqc is lying? Hes an idiot millionaire, this is on par with the course. And of course rockstar want streamers to test it, they want the game to appeal and be popular on twitch, that is obvious.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Do we think Rockstar will lean into the RP stuff since it's been so popular? Also do we believe GTA6 will be PC day one?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They are scary and I have no doubt that the NDA for a Rockstar game such as GTA6 would be next level terrifying.
this

Get back to us when he gets sued by Rockstar. I won't believe this for a second until that happens.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That wasn't one of his "predictions," though. He was just relaying what he was told from "someone insde Rockstar."
www.youtube.com

Grand Theft Auto VI First Details - Pachter Factor

If you enjoy Pachter Factor please consider pledging $2 per month to our Patreon to get it seven days early! http://www.patreon.com/siftd____You can now join...

I mean... he's been wrong, but I can't see him outright lying.
If I'm not mistaken he doesn't say the words "someone inside Rockstar" at any point in this video. He talks about all of this as if it's his own sources. Some of the stuff he says sounds outlandish, too. Europe as well as USA? That's the opposite of the GTA spirit and what they've honed in on for 20 years.

He says R* has been working on GTA VI since 2014? Well... obviously. In some capacity. From skeleton crew up to large prototype crews - concepting these things and investigating the tech alone takes years. That prediction is extremely safe.

Last edited:

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I think he's clearly memeing/joking but you really think the biggest streamer on twitch (by a pretty huge margin) has never signed an NDA?

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Do we think Rockstar will lean into the RP stuff since it's been so popular? Also do we believe GTA6 will be PC day one?
Regarding the latter, who knows. I would say chances are low for PC day one given their last two releases, and given that those delays resulted in better ports I can't imagine it is a bad thing to wait.

Dec 2, 2020
I really hope the part about them not allowing FiveM isn't true, the NoPixel roleplay servers are really unique and the people behind it would be devastated. Also, I don't trust Rockstar to moderate roleplay servers at all.

Makes sense. Why would they let other people make money doing it when they can make a GTA Online RP meta verse and sell everything imaginable in it as micro transactions. It could potentially be the biggest, most profitable game ever made even if it was a stand alone release.