What system(s) are you planning to get Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 754 46.9%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 51 3.2%
  • Xbox Series X|S

Votes: 249 15.5%
  • PC/Steam

Votes: 712 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
From that Brian F video. I wonder if those SF6 cabs just gonna remain a laggy mess. Had dude not wanting to play the game. lol

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
FpxLisnXwAIyT4n

Man, we've gotta' stop pretending that SF4 launched with all those characters when it spent a year in arcades with only 17 on its roster. The console version of SF4 was basically its "2nd Impact," if you will.

This kind of revisionist history has gotten more than a few people out there riled up about "small roster sizes." Nonetheless, this is a cool image.

I've been banging that drum for a minute. If we're comparing Ver 1 launch rosters across the games, SF4 launched in arcades and that 17 was the launch roster. Full stop.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
probably because that wasn't the actual sf4 launch roster lol
SF4 was basically the same thing as tekken 7 when it came to arcade release. Tekken 7 did take it a step further with 2 years in arcade instead of just 1.
Im glad we're past that lol
Yeah, 6 is the one with the biggest starting roster, beating 4 by 1 character. 4 launched in arcades with 16 playable character + Akuma as a hidden character.
Fair point. Pretty misleading then.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
FpxLisnXwAIyT4n

Man, we've gotta' stop pretending that SF4 launched with all those characters when it spent a year in arcades with only 17 on its roster. The console version of SF4 was basically its "2nd Impact," if you will.

This kind of revisionist history has gotten more than a few people out there riled up about "small roster sizes." Nonetheless, this is a cool image.
Been saying this for the longest.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Does world tour use the exact same character creator as battle hub? Im only asking since Im really curious how a lot of the monstrosity that were created in battle hub would work in a fight in world tour.

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
FpxLisnXwAIyT4n

Looks like they know and plan on updating that specific point in the next revision along with other things pointed out.

View: https://twitter.com/Artesequencia/status/1629594251741876226

... so who from here was the one that pointed it out? <.<

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing IntelliHeath was right on it.

Yeah, I really like his work so I would like to see it to be more accurate so I can use it in future discussion. He did great job and made it incredibly easy to look at.

Looks like they know and plan on updating that specific point in the next revision along with other things pointed out.

View: https://twitter.com/Artesequencia/status/1629594251741876226

... so who from here was the one that pointed it out? <.<

vStIQ4A.gif

I like to keep the chart accurate and I just don't want some fans misunderstood the fact that they would think that we actually started with 25 character roster.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Lily being a Nakoruru/Talim amalgamation is kind of genius for how completely organic it feels. Lily is a short Indigenous teenage girl (representing Indigenous peoples of the Americas rather than Asia), she dual wields her weapons like Talim, she has a pet raptor like Nakoruru, and she's guided by the voices of nature like Nakoruru (and more specifically the wind like Talim). It's also a really fortuitous coincidence that T. Hawk's special moves already look like Nakoruru's.

Samurai Shodown and Soulcalibur are considered the two big weapon-based fighting game series; Nakoruru was officially voted as the most popular Samurai Shodown character, and Talim was officially voted as the most popular Soulcalibur character. As a pure weapon fighter, it's like Lily was consciously designed to honor those characters and series.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SFIII still got it.

It's Black History Month so I gotta go with the game that gave us 3 black characters out of 8.5 instead of 1 black character out of 7.
Fair but I still gonn give it to 6 cause the black character in here is on of the more better designed black characters in the series but yeah I hope at least one or two more new black characters in 6's lifetime
Edit: I probably should of refresh the page before responding lol I just got on break at work

Last edited:

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
FpxLisnXwAIyT4n

Tekken 8 is going to run into This problem coming off Tekken 7. Given how long it took for the non-arcade release

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The new Japanese Street Fighter book confirms that Seth's Brutal Impact was an early Marisa tease (SF6 development was well underway by the time Seth released).

vnTQURK.jpg
Rb2yRaY.jpg

Nobody ever really knew what that attack was referencing, and the Blodia Punch comparisons never sat well with me. This makes a lot more sense.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The new Japanese Street Fighter book confirms that Seth's Brutal Impact was an early Marisa tease (SF6 development was well underway by the time Seth released).

vnTQURK.jpg
Rb2yRaY.jpg

Nobody ever really knew what that attack was referencing, and the Blodia Punch comparisons never sat well with me. This makes a lot more sense.
It also confirms that Sethe having a feminine form in general was done to prototype.

ShotoClone

Banned
Aug 17, 2022
I miss Pullum so much 🥲

And I miss Cracker Jack... If CAPCOM really wants to go over and above they'd give us an EX DLC Pack.

This reminds me a guy on twitter recently did a spreadsheet for all the street fighter games, laying out the base rosters of the games and those added as updated versions/dlc

View: https://twitter.com/Artesequencia/status/1629264163754192896

FpxLisnXwAIyT4n

May be relevant, or just a reminder

They really just get amnesia over the EX series, huh...

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Looking at Cammy old super leak, and I think they probably are gonna use that one for her CA. The one we saw in the trailer will probably be her normal level 3. Would make sense since the one in the leak looks way more like a finisher lol

Status
Not open for further replies.