What system(s) are you planning to get Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 754 46.9%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 51 3.2%
  • Xbox Series X|S

Votes: 249 15.5%
  • PC/Steam

Votes: 712 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
btw these character models are incredible. I can't believe we're getting a SF game with this level of detail. I feel like a fool for my early reaction to the game lol.

6R8Sw5H.jpg
👀

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
jamie is sweaty and has a ten pack.

I didnt even know that could happen.

Also jamie needs his own shampoo/conditioner line of productss. Cuz his hair is beautiful.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Why Jamie isn't the hero/MC of SF6, I'll never understand.

I think hero/main character framing is something fans put more stock into than Capcom does.

Luke, Jamie, and Kim are all presented as very central and important characters. Jamie is even on the apparent cover with Luke.
sns_6.jpg

And on the official roster art Jamie and Kim flank Luke.
4036678-sf6roster.jpg

Luke is obviously important as the coach for the player character in World Tour, but that really might be the extent of his "main character" role.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So listening to the audio leaks again, I'm really starting to think that Manon's "medal" level or whatever her unique mechanic is is levelled up by landing regular throws, not command grabs.

Also the file explicitly states that it doesn't reset between rounds like Jamie's drink level so that's nifty.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I think hero/main character framing is something fans put more stock into than Capcom does.

Luke, Jamie, and Kim are all presented as very central and important characters. Jamie is even on the apparent cover with Luke.
sns_6.jpg

And on the official roster art Jamie and Kim flank Luke.
4036678-sf6roster.jpg

Luke is obviously important as the coach for the player character in World Tour, but that really might be the extent of his "main character" role.

The impression I got is that Jamie, Luke and Kim are being positioned as like the "new generation" trio.

Jamie being functionally a vigilante, Kim is a ninja, and Luke works in private security allows all of them to be involved with whatever the new storyline for SF6....

...God I really hope this is ends up as being even half as interesting as I'm picturing in my head lol.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
4036678-sf6roster.jpg

I just noticed something about this image:

All the SF2 characters look like they are either side-eyeing or just very sus of something or serious. Not a single smile on any of their faces. (exception is DJ, but they never make him close his mouth lmaoo he doesnt count). But yea, it's almost like they want to tell the new generation something, but they cant. The new generation is all chin up and optimistic, but the boomer generation is like "they dont know, do they?"

Like, just look at ken's face. That man literally does not want to take the photo rn lol. And ryu isnt even looking fully. E honda and cammy are looking off to the side like there's something dangerous lurking over there in the distance. Even blanka is at attention. Guile is also looking off to the side as well. Wtf?

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed something about this image:

All the SF2 characters look like they are either side-eyeing or just very sus of something or serious. Not a single smile on any of their faces. (exception is DJ, but they never make him close his mouth lmaoo he doesnt count). But yea, it's almost like they want to tell the new generation something, but they cant. The new generation is all chin up and optimistic, but the boomer generation is like "they dont know, do they?"

Like, just look at ken's face. That man literally does not want to take the photo rn lol. And ryu isnt even looking fully. E honda and cammy are looking off to the side like there's something dangerous lurking over there in the distance. Even blanka is at attention. Guile is also looking off to the side as well. Wtf?

Ryu is the only character with his back turned…

because he's the one who framed Ken.

EVIL RYU IS BACK, BABY

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Ryu is the only character with his back turned…

because he's the one who framed Ken.

EVIL RYU IS BACK, BABY
he probably wants ken to return back to training with him in the wilderness. He is jealous that ken had moved on and so he set up a plot to frame ken to get him to abandon his lavish lifestyle. Fuck! It writes itself.

RYU: "Ken, IT WAS I THE WHOLE TIME WHO FRAMED YOU, BROTHER! FIGHT ME NOW! Just like old times!"
KEN: "How... how COULD YOU! MY KID, MY WIFE!?? you put them in dangerRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! What am I fighting FOOOORRRRRRR!?!"

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
So listening to the audio leaks again, I'm really starting to think that Manon's "medal" level or whatever her unique mechanic is is levelled up by landing regular throws, not command grabs.

Also the file explicitly states that it doesn't reset between rounds like Jamie's drink level so that's nifty.
It not resetting between rounds is interesting. Maybe it'll be noticeably harder to level than something like Jamie's drink if it's carrying over

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
he probably wants ken to return back to training with him in the wilderness. He is jealous that ken had moved on and so he set up a plot to frame ken to get him to abandon his lavish lifestyle. Fuck! It writes itself.

RYU: "Ken, IT WAS I THE WHOLE TIME WHO FRAMED YOU, BROTHER! FIGHT ME NOW! Just like old times!"
KEN: "How... how COULD YOU! MY KID, MY WIFE!?? you put them in dangerRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! What am I fighting FOOOORRRRRRR!?!"

The anime betrayal we deserve.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
It not resetting between rounds is interesting. Maybe it'll be noticeably harder to level than something like Jamie's drink if it's carrying over
Exactly, that's what got me thinking that her mechanic could be levelled by regular grabs and expended via her combos/command grabs. It would make a lot of sense as you'd have to land an easily avoidable throw and would go a long way to keeping it balanced.

Just a hypothesis though, we'll have to wait for the Manon trailer to find out. They already missed Bastille Day, Capcppcom those bastards.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they'l keep revealing characters in multiples a pop. Just get the SF2 cast over with as soon as possible, the previous drop as great.

Big Tent Expat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't satisfied with the render as I didn't think it did the model justice so I changed up the materials and lighting. Figured you guys liked to see it.
FfGghc-WIAE8XCc

Yes and thank you!
Looks great! Her skin tone looks warmer in this shot. Any chance you can do the same for Kim next? :)

Since the Juri stanbase is already hard at work doing... things... with her model lol

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Not a lot of decent Chun play from the beta because everybody was too intimidated by the stance cancels to play her, but Kayane got y'all covered

View: https://youtu.be/HRRuQiAW5FQ

Oh she's good. Damn good. Very sharp chun player. Outstanding reads on the fireballs/projectiles when she uses her super to punish. Excellent use of DI to punish random limbs from the opponent player. Very consistent conversions off of her enemies mistakes.

Impressive.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is such a legit weird statement to me. When he says real does he mean that Sanford is so passionate about the loss? Cuz there are so many examples of people being that passionate in the scene in so many different ways from Punk crying at his grand final Evo loss…that mid west/west coast rivalry not too long ago, like I'm legit confused.
Not to mention Idom basically being in shock after his Evo GF loss just staying in his seat for a few minutes after he loss. Like yeah the emotion is still there even with Punks salty tweets. These old heads really need to chill.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
These ripped models are hiding how straight up expressive these characters actually. I don't know if its the RE Engine doing a lot of the heavy lifting or Capcom just being really good at making models that are mo-cap friendly but the facial animations in SF6 are breating so much life into these characters models.

Just look at how expressive Juri looks in-game

..versus her ripped model in its default T-pose state. Almost looks like a completely different character:

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
These ripped models are hiding how straight up expressive these characters actually. I don't know if its the RE Engine doing a lot of the heavy lifting or Capcom just being really good at making models that are mo-cap friendly but the facial animations in SF6 are breating so much life into these characters models.

Just look at how expressive Juri looks in-game

..versus her ripped model in its default T-pose state. Almost looks like a completely different character:
Juri is a great example of the default pose being different because there are very quick moments in the game where she has a normal expression and looks completely normal. But because she's extremely expressive she instantly looks insane lol. It's really good
Looks great! Her skin tone looks warmer in this shot. Any chance you can do the same for Kim next? :)

Since the Juri stanbase is already hard at work doing... things... with her model lol
After I do an actual poses render for chun, yes

eDIGI

Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Not to mention Idom basically being in shock after his Evo GF loss just staying in his seat for a few minutes after he loss. Like yeah the emotion is still there even with Punks salty tweets. These old heads really need to chill.

It's a trip cuz I'm an old head (cries internally). But it is what it is 😂 I guess. Maybe the hype for the game got us all in our feels! Lmao

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

The commentary states "Connects with the Renversé to boost their medal level!" While one of the last lines in the leak does mention having to work in more grabs to increase it, I don't think they would name a normal throw like that to do it.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So can we finally have a Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat game finally? SF's graphics fidelity has caught up and MK has put their characters in PG13 games like Injustice. Let's do this.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
So can we finally have a Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat game finally? SF's graphics fidelity has caught up and MK has put their characters in PG13 games like Injustice. Let's do this.
There was never any reason technically why they couldn't do SF vs MK. Plenty of other reasons why they shouldn't.

chinesecosmo

Aug 21, 2022
Put Kano in Season 2 cowards.

Also does anyone recall the Fighting Ground modes from the early preview vids? Was one called like Team Battle or something? Would be interesting to have a 2v2 sort of thing where rounds 1 & 2 are played by diff people on each team then round 3 is between the winners of each round.

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
Once I got past being a teenager and thought of it past a 'IT'D BE SO COOL!' reason I couldn't really drum up good reasons for that to exist.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
SF and MK characters in a non-MK gane would be ideal. Like the next DC game or Multiversus or some other crossover game like Capcom vs Everybody Else.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just so it's clear, I'm talking about a PG13 game where people knock each other around hard but no fatalities or gross injuries, like Injustice 2 with the Joker and Sub Zero. The IP can carry the game without the fatalities.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq4uDaxSMJk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvFGf5tD5eY

Just Zangief piledriving people into the asphalt without them dying somehow.
Once I got past being a teenager and thought of it past a 'IT'D BE SO COOL!' reason I couldn't really drum up good reasons for that to exist.
The same reason Smash works? It would be a huge draw for these two game IP to make a crossover game, in the height of the current age of crossover games and a modern fighting game resurgence?

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
Just so it's clear, I'm talking about a PG13 game where people knock each other around hard but no fatalities or gross injuries, like Injustice 2 with the Joker and Sub Zero.

Just Zangief piledriving people into the asphalt without them dying somehow.

The same reason Smash works? It would be a huge draw for these two game IP to make a crossover game, in the height of the current age of crossover games and a modern fighting game resurgence?
Smash works because it's basically a festival of video games at this point. Thing with MK vs. SF is you have to make decisions. Like, okay, you say you want to go the PG13 route. Honestly probably the best choice. But how accepting are MK fans gonna be of that? Last time they made the attempt it did not go over well. You're basically banking that the spectacle of MK and SF meeting is gonna trump a lot of the reasons why people play MK in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.