• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What system(s) are you planning to get Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 754 46.9%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 51 3.2%
  • Xbox Series X|S

Votes: 249 15.5%
  • PC/Steam

Votes: 712 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they add more retro game cabinets with multiplayer down the line. That would be such a dope addition to the seasons.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm still mulling over which version to get.

Currently YuPlay has the cheapest version of the Ultimate Edition at $78. That's still a good value if you want the Season 1 characters, right?

I just get worried about committing that much to the PC version in case of any hidden monetization or other crap Capcom is withholding from review copies and will insert into the game once it's out and public.

Even if they do that (and it wasn't the first time), it shouldn't be anything too egregious. I'm much more suspicious of Diablo IV plotting something worse no matter how much praise it's getting in reviews right now.

Still a little cautious.

Have you, or anyone else, pre-ordered from YuPlay before? If so, when could I expect my key to arrive?

And yes, that is a good deal even if you just want the season pass and none of the other stuff.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Melpomene is always sarcastic. If they ever put /s at the end of their posts, it would mean they weren't being sarcastic because they are that sarcastic.
Is this the actual rep I've earned on ResetEra dot com, or is JusDoIt stealing my cool bit of being sarcastic 100% of the time?

It's up to you, the viewer.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Make no mistake, it's appreciated. Never change.
EuteK7RWQAM29LD

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
So what exactly does Capcom ID do then ? If there is no Crossprogression or crossDlc.

Do you still have the same ID when playing online ?But your Rank is not the same ?

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018

This is all so cute.

I love seeing characters interact like this.

On a separate note... in the Ultimate pass it says we will also get Outfit 2 and Outfit 3.

Outfit 2 is most likely the classic costumes, so for Outfit 3, anyone think it could be their Alpha costumes? Or something else entirely?

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
This is all so cute.

I love seeing characters interact like this.

On a separate note... in the Ultimate pass it says we will also get Outfit 2 and Outfit 3.

Outfit 2 is most likely the classic costumes, so for Outfit 3, anyone think it could be their Alpha costumes? Or something else entirely?

Ultimate pass says 4 additional character's Costume Outfit 1 & 2, so that'll just be for the DLC characters. My guess would be classic/story outfit and battle outfit.

image.png

So more or less same as SF5

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it safe to say this is the best set of redesigns and newcomers of any fighting game?
Nah I still think Tekken 3 got that one. It also introduced Jin, Hwoarang, Xiaoyu and Eddy Gordo.

But for SF? Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh I think you're right if you don't count 2 since that was just a big departure from 1. They're killing it with 6.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised I haven't heard anything on the ost. How long was it before the first volume of SFV ost released
If I weren't rabidly refreshing my email for my code, I'd be hounding around for this information.

Street Fighter V had its soundtrack out a month out, or maybe even at launch. But I imagine things will be a bit different this time considering the wealth of content and unique music for most of it.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
People are crying about modern users
People are crying about wifi users
People are crying about picking shotos
People are crying about battle pass

This is how you know a game is going to be popular in release. Tons of babies crying about everything already

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
People are crying about modern users
People are crying about wifi users
People are crying about picking shotos
People are crying about battle pass

This is how you know a game is going to be popular in release. Tons of babies crying about everything already
Gonna pick Modern Luke on my WiFi in my basement to grind out this Battle Pass let's GO. 😤💪❌📶

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Lack of cross progression is inexcusable, but I can't really say I didn't see it coming considering the state of Monster Hunter.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Honestly kind of irked about the WiFi indicator the more I think about it. It's objectively good that it's there, but I played on WiFi the entire beta and didn't experience a bad connection more than, like, once. Really hoping I don't run into too many people who just nope out on-sight when they notice the marker. The netcode is genuinely more than good enough to compensate unless your WiFi reeeeally sucks.

Guess I just have to hope people give it a chance. … and that there aren't too many people on dial-up speed WiFi giving it a bad name.

I got cable but won 't be blanket blocking wifi players, which means that there will also be others out there too who won't bother.

During the open beta, I only had.. what... 2 bad connection games out of god knows how many.

I'd surmise a lot of the games I played was with wi fi as well.

Given how well done the netcode is for this game, I'm willing to be on the more positive side and say that bad connections will be a rare occurrence, not regular, regardless of internet connection type.

VidgameJunkie

Jun 4, 2022
From watching an early copy stream and Rooflemonger's review, it seems proper playthrough order would be Arcade Mode -> World Tour if anyone really cares about the story progression. The arcade routes really are just prologue for each character setting up where they're at for when you meet them in WT.

Deleted member 7529

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For people who have played the retail version, is there any word on the load time when launching the game? Street Fighter V's two minute boot really sucked, and I'm reminded of that now as I jump back in.

As a follow-up on load times, are those walk-ins required before battle or can they be skipped straight to the portraits? If not, that seems excessively long to load.

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
Maybe someone knows an answer to my questions?

1. Did anyone test the online connections on PS4 yet? It's what's keeping me from pre-ordering (since I'm not sure I'll buy a PS5 anytime soon)

2. Do we know if the costume colors 3-10 are unlockable through playing the game and if so, how?

3. Do we know if the mini-games in World Tour can be played using the 18 base characters?

TriGen

Oct 27, 2017
For people who have played the retail version, is there any word on the load time when launching the game? Street Fighter V's two minute boot really sucked, and I'm reminded of that now as I jump back in.

As a follow-up on load times, are those walk-ins required before battle or can they be skipped straight to the portraits? If not, that seems excessively long to load.
I read in a review that it was pretty fast to get into a game and specifically not like SFV, thankfully. The pre match animations stuff can be skipped. It worked that way in the demo, so no worries there.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
All the reviews are saying you can blast through it in about 12-20hrs or do all the side quests and level up your master relationships for about 40 or so hours.
had no time to look at the reviews so i will ask here : any reviews talking about how big is world tour ?

These numbers seem wild to me, having finished it twice. I think it'd be exceedingly hard to 'blast through' since you'll hit a brick wall: it's a full-on RPG, which means eventually no matter how good you are at fighting games you'll be dealing next to no damage and taking so much damage that you won't be able to progress. The final core story encounter of the game is Level 60 (and then there's post game stuff that goes up to the 90s).

So I just don't see how 12 hours is even possible, as I don't think you'd be able to hit level 60.
I did almost all side quests (maybe 95% of them) and it took me 26 hours. I've spent about another 10 grinding the post-game and relationships, but that really has been just grinding, as I've just sort of exhausted new content that isn't too high-level to tackle. I reckon you're looking at about 18-20 hours to hit the end of WT though, just based on the level you'll need to be to reliably stand a chance in later encounters.

Status
Not open for further replies.