• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Clipped from one of Capcom Japan's streams this morning.

Screenshot_2022-06-15_at_12.16.00.png

Screenshot_2022-06-15_at_12.15.46.png

C2DPz5O.png

unknown.png

They said they were gonna go dark on SF6 media but I guess they can't help but show more new stuff from a game they seem to be pretty proud of.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
One of the newcomers needs to be a velociraptor so we can finally get DINO DAMAGE in game.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm playing against a higher level player I'll always have damage on me? That's just not fair.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is cool. Hopefully it's just bruises and cuts. Last time a game had battle damage (MK9) NRS had some…uh…questionable designs.

And when I say questionable I mean horny.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I was playing SF3 Second Impact the other day, and characters look... messed up after a fight, lol.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
If they really wanted to tweak nostalgia, the damage should mirror the bruises ect. characters got after matches in Street Fighter 2.

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
sorry but i have to hit people in order to have this feature available to me? this is pure RNG bullshit; there's no way to tell if i'm going to get hit or not. cancelling my preorder now and you'll be hearing from my lawyers capcom.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Oh wow, the last time I saw a fighting game with visible damage during fights was maybe on Art of Fighting 2(1994)?

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I actually wonder, isn't some blood allowed without getting an M rating? Or just having some stains is instant M nowadays?

But there is blood. Look at those deep cuts on Guile's face.

Unless you mean like blood splattering or leaking, I guess, like the old Continue screen that was just posted.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I was worried the battle damage would only show during the victory animation, so I'm glad you were able to zoom in to verify that it shows during gameplay as well.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, Dead or Alive 6 tried this and people hated it (along with Team Ninja being noncommittal in how it depicted it for everyone), though it was a tryhard byproduct of their failed shift to a grittier tone that nobody asked for with that series. There's an actual history of such depictions with Street Fighter, though this is the first time they've actually implemented it for actual matches rather than post-battle win art (and even then, it was gone by 3S).

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
Oh wow, the last time I saw a fighting game with visible damage during fights was maybe on Art of Fighting 2(1994)?

There was Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus in 2003 that also took this further, it had a limb damage system where getting repeatedly pummeled would break character's legs and arms, reducing damage their attacks could do. I never played it myself, but I've understood that it was quite bad.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Capcom is winning with this game. Such a remarkable difference between this and Street Fighter V, and I loved SF V (especially in it's final form, flaws and all).

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
The gap between pros and beginners just keeps getting wider, Capcom can't keep getting away with this

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
If you do a perfect sonic boom does it cause more damage?

smh the rich get richer

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
That's cool, I wonder how fucked up they can get because the win screens in the arcade games could get brutal.