• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
SSD's are relatively inexpensive so I hope PC players do themselves and everyone a favour by installing the game on one. Let us only hate on PS4 players please

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Let's hope they have the balls to make so that if your config / setting can't run it at 60FPS, you can't play online.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Sort of related question; is DIMPS still the dev?

SEGA/Atlus paid ASW to implement rollback into P4AU after the fact, so there's some hope for them.
Atlus and Sega's CS/AM teams are pretty much entirely separate groups though. It's like Bandai Namco Studios vs BEC vs D3Publisher, or the Square Enix CBU groups vs Taito vs (formerly) SEE/Eidos. What one does has little bearing on the other, even if they're all the same "company".

It only gets confusing overseas because Atlus USA pretty much supplanted SOA.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Unlikely, we probably would've heard from them by now if they were.
Maybe? Dimps' involvement with SF4 was hidden until launch basically but they were pretty upfront with SF5 (primairily because Ono talked about working with them on a new fighter before SF5 even announced). Taking the game fully internal wouldn't be that much of surprise though given they did the same for Vs.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
That crossplay statement... they supported Sony only crossplay (SFxT between PS3 and Vita), and SFV (PS4 and PC) but the vagueness still makes me want an official "yes, even with Xbox" confirmation from Capcom.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
That crossplay statement... they supported Sony only crossplay (SFxT between PS3 and Vita), and SFV (PS4 and PC) but the vagueness still makes me want an official "yes, even with Xbox" confirmation from Capcom.
Max specifically brought up Xbox in his question, so them giving an unambiguous yes to that does bode well.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Max brought up Xbox in his question, they gave an unambiguous yes. I'm not sure why we need to be pessimistic about it.
"We supported crossplay in previous games, we will be supporting crossplay going forward". Sure Xbox was mentioned as per what Max said, but the quoted is a pretty vague answer just saying "we did it before, we'll do it again". That's not the same as coming out and saying something like "it has full crossplay across all platforms". I see some wiggle room in that response, I dont trust Sony either to somehow try and sabotage things.
So again - I'm excited, but my stance remains "will believe it when I see it"

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
"We supported crossplay in previous games, we will be supporting crossplay going forward". Sure Xbox was mentioned as per what Max said, but the quoted is a pretty vague answer just saying "we did it before, we'll do it again". That's not the same as coming out and saying something like "it has full crossplay across all platforms". I see some wiggle room in that response, I dont trust Sony either to somehow try and sabotage things.
The Sony concern isn't really that big of a deal now considering how the likes of MultiVersus & even Them Fighting Herds did full cross-play. Those issues were years ago & have a long since been moved past.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
The Easy Allies people said last night they asked and it's across Xbox, PS, and PC.

That being said, they didn't necessarily say across every possible mode, but at least they did specify the platforms specifically.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017

Yea, that answer is vague, it's the kinda shit I hear from Project and Dev mangers in meetings sometimes, lol. Shiet, I have given vague answers too! Lol.

Like, chances are probably it's gonna be Xbox/PS5/PC cross play, but they ain't directly answering the question. Saying we will support cross play like we did in the past, is not direct relation to bringing up the additional Xbox platform. Xbox cross play wasn't part of past support.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest and smallest fighting games have PS and Xbox crossplay and people are still wondering if SF6 will have it when SFV was like the first to implement any sort of crossplay between ecosystems. I just don't get it man.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, that answer is vague, it's the kinda shit I hear from Project and Dev mangers in meetings sometimes, lol. Shiet, I have given vague answers too! Lol.

Like, chances are probably it's gonna be Xbox/PS5/PC cross play, but they ain't directly answering the question. Saying we will support cross play like we did in the past, is not direct relation to bringing up the additional Xbox platform. Xbox cross play wasn't part of past support.
Yeah, despite some people at the press event saying crossplay across all platforms, I'm not going to be 100% comfortable until Capcom provides a fully unambiguous answer with no room for interpretation. I think it's possible Capcom reps used carefully guarded language and people reporting could be taking a bit of a leap without 100% confirmation of specifics.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
The biggest and smallest fighting games have PS and Xbox crossplay and people are still wondering if SF6 will have it when SFV was like the first to implement any sort of crossplay between ecosystems. I just don't get it man.

Yo man, Capcom could just say it in a tweet then and kill all the noise, lol.

"SF6 will support full cross play between all platforms it is releasing on." Easy peasy, lemon squezy.

These guys are professionals, they are being careful with their words, for whatever reason.

If I was asked that question, my answer would be, Max yes, we are supporting cross play across the Xbox, PC and playstation platforms, to support all players and promote competition and widen the player base.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Yo man, Capcom could just say it in a tweet then and kill all the noise, lol.

"SF6 will support full cross play between all platforms it is releasing on." Easy peasy, lemon squezy.

These guys are professionals, they are being careful with their words, for whatever reason.

If I was asked that question, my answer would be, Max yes, we are supporting cross play across the Xbox, PC and playstation platforms, to support all players and promote competition and widen the player base.
They haven't even officially spoken about rollback or anything to do with online play. They will have planned the time to speak on it in full. All part of the rollout.

Zombegoast

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Because Sony wants people to play on their platform. Just like how EVO is stuck using the PS4

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I put nothing past Sony, especially for a game that was exclusive to their platform last time, that they helped fund, and is the biggest game at the biggest tournament they now own.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
So now that full crossplay has been confirmed, how is Capcom gonna mess SF6 up because there has to be some negative aspect about SF6 right...right?

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So now that full crossplay has been confirmed, how is Capcom gonna mess SF6 up because there has to be some negative aspect about SF6 right...right?
Here is a list of things to hate on :

- Difference in input latency between versions + people crying about playing on PC without V-Sync being a thing
- Where the fuck is "insert my character", Capcom ???
- Ranked system will probably fucking sucks
- Some exclusives costumes
- Wonky balance

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Per Easy Allies, they aren't talking about monetization yet. So fingers crossed they don't botch that.

Capcom still needs to put out an official press statement about crossplay themselves and that it covers all online modes. It's technically not official yet.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
Here is a list of things to hate on :

- Difference in input latency between versions + people crying about playing on PC without V-Sync being a thing
- Where the fuck is "insert my character", Capcom ???
- Ranked system will probably fucking sucks
- Some exclusives costumes
- Wonky balance
As long as the ranking system is not like Guilty Gear Strive's towers it should be good. I never cared that much about the input latency thing unless it was egregious. Things are looking too good now though. It's usually not like this for Capcom fighting games and I love SFV.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as the ranking system is not like Guilty Gear Strive's towers it should be good. I never cared that much about the input latency thing unless it was egregious. Things are looking too good now though. It's usually not like this for Capcom fighting games and I love SFV.
Yeah, it's funny how when a certain individual is pushed out of Capcom, everything goes for the better.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
If the game doesn't have full crossplay between PS, Xbox, and PC, then mods can ban me until the day the game releases.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This is absolutely not hard confirmation.
If you mean the end of the video, she was talking about Dragon's Dogma 2 not being confirmed. She was just tying up that loose end regarding the deviation in the conversation. I left the conversation pivot in the video to provide context at the end to precisely avoid this confusion.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
We have hard confirmation of full cross-play.

They literally say it's not a confirmation in that video.

If you mean the end of the video, she was talking about Dragon's Dogma 2 not being confirmed. She was just tying up that loose end regarding the deviation in the conversation. I left the conversation pivot in the video to provide context at the end to precisely avoid this confusion.

Edit: It did not clear up that confusion AT ALL

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They literally say it's not a confirmation in that video.
Read above you…
…she was talking about Dragon's Dogma 2 not being confirmed. She was just tying up that loose end regarding the deviation in the conversation. I left the conversation pivot in the video to provide context at the end to precisely avoid this confusion.

For future reference, I added a comment to the tweet.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Just what I wanted to hear, Street Fighter having these features will help normalize them faster for the genre.

Hopefully SNK follows suit with crossplay for KOF 15 along with fixed lobbies.

Last edited:

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

I don't know, the concept of floors is good.

The problem is when towers are so poorly defined that, at the end of the day, anyone above the skill level of beginner winds up in the tenth floor anyway.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, the concept of floors is good.

The problem is when towers are so poorly defined that, at the end of the day, anyone above the skill level of beginner winds up in the tenth floor anyway.
I prefer a traditional ranking system. The towers were only helpful for beginners during the first few months of the game. After that, the lower floors had nobody there and floor 10 had all lower floor people. Plus, at the end of the month all the VIP players come back down to floor 10 and kicks everyone's ass. There's not much room for growth beyond celestial and getting VIP is extremely difficult.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
As long as the ranking system is not like Guilty Gear Strive's towers it should be good.

It's not. The SF6 website says Fighting Ground will have all of SFV's modes. This includes online.

In the SF6 footage from the public sessions we see "ARCADE, VERSUS, TRAINING, ONLINE, etc." tabs in Fighting Ground mode. Just like SFV. You'll be able to queue up for ranked or casual and hang out in training mode or play arcade mode or just chill on the menu screen listening to music. Just like SFV.

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to hear full crossplay. I like the Xbox controller a bit more than the PS5 when it comes to a dpad. I never have been a stick person but I do have a collection of various fight pads.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
It's not. The SF6 website says Fighting Ground will have all of SFV's modes. This includes online.

In the SF6 footage from the public sessions we see "ARCADE, VERSUS, TRAINING, ONLINE, etc." tabs in Fighting Ground mode. Just like SFV. You'll be able to queue up for ranked or casual and hang out in training mode or play arcade mode or just chill on the menu screen listening to music. Just like SFV.
That's great to hear. I wonder what battle hub is gonna be about then if we have regular online matches.