• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
To the surprise of nobody, SFxT onwards used rollback & MvCI finally got it right. The real question is cross-play.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
SFV had rollback netcode and it was trash, i knew SFVI would have rollback, just need it to be great rollback like KI or Strive..

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's significantly better than MvCI's. Although MvCI was a step in the right direction, improvements would be good.

Oct 26, 2017
beyonce-god.gif

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
First sf ive been excited for since Alpha. Hated 4 and 5. That drive cancel though looks akin to dodgeroll in usefulness. I need to play to get a feel but the toolkit may FINALLY address my complaints with the series. Theres a reason I play kof. This sf may finally mitigate the issues I have with the series for once.

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
People are asking the wrong question. Every Capcom fighting game since SFxT has had rollback.

The question is what improvements have they made since MvCI?

How is the shift to RE Engine affecting it?

Is the slower frame data to help the rollback be more stable?

Is there crossplay?

Stop asking if there will be rollback. Of course it will.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
rollback to rise
rollback to glow
rollback to fly
rollback to soar

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
People are asking the wrong question. Every Capcom fighting game since SFxT has had rollback.

How is the shift to RE Engine effecting it?

Is there crossplay?

I think Max will ask those questions.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
V had rollback already, it was just miserably done, so confirming this doesn't really mean much for me right now. I'll care when the game's available to play, though MvCI was at least pretty solid so hopefully they took notes.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I would fuckin hope so lol. This is their premiere fighter, so it should definitely have A1 rollback

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SFV's rollback netcode I've always felt was pretty damn good, especially for it's time. So I'm imagining this is gonna be sublime.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
SFV and MVCI had rollback netcode, so this is not surprising. Good to have it confirmed though I guess?

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
SFV's rollback netcode I've always felt was pretty damn good, especially for it's time. So I'm imagining this is gonna be sublime.

It was good for its time. When SFV dropped, every other major fighting game had trash delay based netcode. But the game has lived a long life and many games have come out since with much better implementations of rollback.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

Is there crossplay?

youknow-you.gif

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would have been the dumbest decision in fighting game history if otherwise.

What I wanna know is if Tekken does or not because Bandai Namco and Harada are....stubborn.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

Is there crossplay?

Yep. Rollback is the new default. They're not going to go backwards. We're roughly a year out from release and there's no better time ask questions about things they might have time to address before launch to have a better product. I hope people start asking Capcom about things like input lag, how are they structuring online ranked modes and consistent performance on stages.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Rollback doesn't mean a single thing to me if the matchmaking is piss and I can't filter out wi-fi users. Teleporting is AS BAD as input lag for me

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
If it does not have the best online netcode after the disaster that is SF V online what were they smoking?

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Crossplay confirmation is expected but good. The game is going to have the largest fighting game playerbase thanks to its popularity (if it keeps its momentum) and crossplay.