jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Im so excited! We can now use Old Street Fighter Tracks as Background Fight Music. Even better is getting new songs is doable with the free Currency Drive Tickets .

The Recent SF6 themes are great (seriously they have killed it since the DLC dropped. Aki, Rashid and Ed have great themes and Ruined Lab is the best original song in the game.)

But more having More options is Awesome.

View: https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1792676674770792785?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Last edited:

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
No Street Fighter 1 music, boo.

zlJIb95.png

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be bumping Violent Ken's theme.

Nov 13, 2017
Knew this had to be coming. Seemed like such an oversight not to do, but I bet it was just deprioritized to get the game out.

BackwardCap

The King of Games - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I hope they sell all the music that was in the Battle Passes too. Would suck for those tracks to just be gone if you missed out.

OP
OP
jman1954goat

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I hope they sell all the music that was in the Battle Passes too. Would suck for those tracks to just be gone if you missed out.
The fact that songs from the pass are in the tweet were they discuss buying them gives me lots of hope.

But yeah technically not confirmed until the update drops.

We will know soon

Oct 26, 2017
It's about time. I will say that if these songs were only exclusive for folks who did all the battle passes, that would be a big fuck you to new adopters or lapsed fans. We'll all find out soon enough.

ZeroWil

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping to see more tracks from SFV return! Loved the entire soundtrack in that game, none of the tracks from SF6 have really stuck with me.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
jesus christ THANK YOU

some of the music in sf6 is just not very good. really missing some of the original tracks throughout the series.

hope future sf6 music can improve.

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
Having not touched SP at all since release I don't even know how to get those tickets for the music since all I've done is ranked matches đź« 

OP
OP
jman1954goat

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
We can all finally retire Fete Foraine. Thank you for your service.
How the game works now is Round 1, 2 and 3 picks between characters A bgm , character B bgm and the Stage theme (guaranteed to get all 3 if you play full best of 3.

I'm pretty sure you are only changing character bgm so we will still hear the OG stage themes pretty often
some of the music in sf6 is just not very good.
I agree base game music is hit or miss but pretty much every DLC theme is a banger. They are improving

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
How the game works now is Round 1, 2 and 3 picks between characters A bgm , character B bgm and the Stage theme (guaranteed to get all 3 if you play full best of 3.

I'm pretty sure you are only changing character bgm so we will still hear the OG stage themes pretty often

I agree base game music is hit or miss but pretty much every DLC theme is a banger. They are improving
i haven't checked out the dlc characters too much so i'll give it a check. thanks.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
FUCKING STELLAR

Rashid's SFV theme in particular is some GOD-Tier music and deserves to be preserved.

I'll always just default to Alpha I, II, and SFIII tracks tho :D

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Heck yes. I can listen to ST and 3S soundtracks forever and never get tired of them.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Having not touched SP at all since release I don't even know how to get those tickets for the music since all I've done is ranked matches đź« 
You don't get Drive Tickets from single player (usually), you get them from completing Daily/Weekly/Monthly Challenges - usually (but not always) centered around the Battle Hub (play or win x number of matches, take part in Tournaments, etc). They've been giving them out for free for certain events lately too.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
We can all finally retire Fete Foraine. Thank you for your service.

Yes. This BGM carries big time. There were others but, this one "got it". It's like the composer understood the assignment. I haven't enjoyed a Street Fighter Soundtrack since 3S.

Great update as well. Can't imagine why it was not available during launch. Better late than never.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
You can get Drive Tickets by doing certain weekly missions. Usually they're simple things like watch an online replay or play a tutorial in Fighting Ground.

On topic, praying for Rival Schools music in a future update.

MimosaSTG

Jun 7, 2022
This is awesome for me. The majority of the initial songs in SFVI were not good. Some of the character themes were really off.

Some of the character themes were really off. There are some great ones in SFVI (like Ed), but the majority just don't vibe with me.

May 15, 2019
Is there a list of music unlockable in World Tour anywhere? I definitely found Bison's theme in it so I'm sure there's other music I missed.