What system are you primarily gonna play Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 852 43.8%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 28 1.4%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 229 11.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 38 2.0%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 798 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
so it seems like, on steam, a vpn doesn't unlock the dlc for fighting ground and world tour. can't even hop into training mode as the game said it requires fighting ground.

lol fine, i'll wait i guess

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got my code from Instant Gaming, pre-loading the game now.

So I can vouch that for that site, as it ended up being the cheapest place to get the Ultimate Edition if you were aiming for it.

This doesn't officially launch in NA on Steam until Friday 1:00pm?

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Steam CCU is at 12.4k right now, even with this staggered release. Really wonder where it'll peak at in the next few days.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
4) How decent is the ranked mode going to be at making sure I don't get stomped by anyone and everyone? I don't have masses of energy to really 'git gud' at the game, so like with Smash Ultimate I'm not going to ever be able to compete with most. I do, however, want to be able to compete with some people and eek out some wins here and there if I practice a bit
There are a couple features to prevent the seasoned players from ever meeting new players. First, everyone is asked to choose their skill level - beginner, intermediate, etc. They're are equivalent SFV ranks shown to give people who played the previous game an idea of which they should pick.

Second, everyone does 10 placement matches. At the end of these matches, you'll get placed into an appropriate rank. So unless someone is so dedicated that they straight up lie and then intentionally lose most/all their placement matches, it's unlikely someone who's 'good' will end up being matched with newcomers.

I'm general SFV's ranked was pretty good at matching you with people of a similar level. It should be even better now with a much bigger playerbase and better connections.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Exited out of Steam, connected to NZ using Tunnel Bear, opened Steam back up, SF6 still shows as playable in one day. Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
FOR ALL PC FOLKS, THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN ENABLE/DISABLE ON THE FLY SHADER COMPILATION

image.png
good looks , fam

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
Looks like the game doesn't recognize the DLC files. The VPN has nothing to do with it.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I just want everyone to know that I am writing down all your names if you are playing early. CAPCOM will appreciate me telling on yall for doing something illegal with their game code.

png-transparent-mobile-phones-meme-telephone-voip-phone-voice-over-ip-meme-telephone-call-meme-black-thumbnail.png

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The base game is just Battle Hub while WT and Fighting Grounds are both separate downloads so people who don't want them can save on space, make sure you actually have Fighting Grounds installed.

I have them both installed, but I still can't access FG. I am thinking I might have to reinstall.

Plum

May 31, 2018
You don't need to worry about this.
The amount of people that will be turning down matches because of wifi at casual levels will be incredibly small, and there will be a lot of people also on wifi.
Yeah, I think this is probably just my anxiety going lol - I hate the feeling that I'm annoying people with my presence, especially if it's something I can't really control.

Either way I might get a Wi-Fi extender anyway. Been meaning to, and it'll let me wire my PS5 up.

Thanks for posting! Well this makes buying the Standard Edition a lot easier. I'll just get the Ultimate Pass if I get into the game enough, and when its content is out/it's on sale.
There are a couple features to prevent the seasoned players from ever meeting new players. First, everyone is asked to choose their skill level - beginner, intermediate, etc. They're are equivalent SFV ranks shown to give people who played the previous game an idea of which they should pick.

Second, everyone does 10 placement matches. At the end of these matches, you'll get placed into an appropriate rank. So unless someone is so dedicated that they straight up lie and then intentionally lose most/all their placement matches, it's unlikely someone who's 'good' will end up being matched with newcomers.

I'm general SFV's ranked was pretty good at matching you with people of a similar level. It should be even better now with a much bigger playerbase and better connections.
Thanks! This should be OK then. Maybe it's just my experience with Splatoon that makes the idea of a working ranked system more implausible lol.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I almost held off on getting this, but I've been interested in trying it out for a long while (didn't play the betas), and the opportunity to finally get in on a non-Smash fighting game at launch was too much to pass up. I've historically not been great at any fighters that aren't Smash or Soulcalibur, and Street Fighter in particular has been difficult for me in the past, but I'm hoping the new story mode and control options are enough to ease me into the game, on top of there hopefully being a ton of other low-skill players to fight online.

Juggling this, Diablo, and System Shock is gonna be hard but I'm excited.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So has anyone on Steam gotten their's to work yet? Seems like there's a general issue with it not recognizing downloaded content. Trying to figure out if the VPN path is worth it.

Last edited:

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the system requirements. My poor 1070 is starting to hit the end of it's lifespan.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Exited out of Steam, connected to NZ using Tunnel Bear, opened Steam back up, SF6 still shows as playable in one day. Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
make sure to run a DNS check before you relaunch Steam. Sometimes what region you select on your VPN doesn't mean it's connected to the right server.

Helloween

Oct 27, 2017
I asked in the lobby, no one can get anything other than Ryu and Luke, and no single player, Stuff up on Capcom end i guess?

AlanMoore

Feb 22, 2018
Does the PC version have PlayStation button prompts? Would really appreciate if someone can confirm

Those were missing in the demo. It didn't have native PS controller support either and you needed Steam Input to play with DualShock 4.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I won't even be home until late tonight, but the fact that I still haven't gotten my code from cdkeys has me fucked up.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018

Smurfing, the practice of intentionally playing at a lower rank, will likely exist. But such accounts should be pretty limited so long as the player base is healthy.

I also heard that each character has their own rank progression which is HUGE since I was actively discouraged from playing that mode when learning a new character in SFV.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the system requirements. My poor 1070 is starting to hit the end of it's lifespan.
Steam Deck is a 1050 equivalent and it's playable at 720p. Obviously it doesn't look amazing, but the 1070 should work. Hell, I have a 980 on an old computer and it runs at 60fps (lowest settings) unless it hits a super cutscene where frame rate drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.