What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 330 41.5%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 86 10.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 350 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah, ultimately I'm just left disappointed, luckily in the main game, sf6. they haven't done stuff like this
Even if Capcom didn't make SF Duel, they still didn't intervene for the BS. So as far as I'm concerned, they still need to atone.

By this I mean we need Elena & Poison done right in SF6 ASAP.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Capcom approved that white washed Elena. Nobody who looked at the design saw a problem. Which is concerning. What are they even doing.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
How is this Elena design not blowing up on the Media/Twitter..etc. Absolutely disgusting. Did she always look like that or is this a costume ?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
369174918_265537663026371_7802769811838232384_n.jpg

This is her from August, from what I can make out. She was already way too light skinned here, but even this isn't that bad.
In another 6 months she'll have the same skin tone as Casper the Friendly Ghost at this rate.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
No big trailer at capcom cup makes me think season 2 will be revealed during a capcom livestream the same way season 1 dlc and their schedule were first showed. Funny enough, it took place in April.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
I can't quite believe this, especially during this month

Actually this sort of stupidity isn't a surprise

I don't get it :o, can someone explain?

Breh they announced every character and the season we would get them before the game launched. They told us before capcup and evo not to expect announcements. How much more transparent can they get? They're more up front than any other fighting game.

People might not like the rate were getting characters, but they told us we'd get Akuma in Spring back in June.

Yeah I get you, if we get Akuma in spring that would be tiptop but that doesn't feel super likely at this rate.

On a more pleasant note, the stars are telling me to pick up Manon as my secondary.

Watching some online tuts now but please SF-Era give me the secret knowledge.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I get you, if we get Akuma in spring that would be tiptop but that doesn't feel super likely at this rate.

Can you explain why not? What has been late in the season pass?

Ed is Winter 2024. He's coming out in a couple weeks...in Winter 2024, just like they said.

Feels like you're creating imaginary delays just because you don't like the deadlines they gave you almost a year ago.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I remember thinking we'd be getting videos like these every few months for SF6.
In hindsight this was likely done to keep interest in SFV going during the makeshift final season. They likely felt this wasn't necessary for a brand new game. In a way the gameplay videos we got for new characters are a super condensed version of the more in-depth character breakdowns in these vids.

Still, I think people were very positive about these videos at the time and it's odd they dropped them entirely. In general I feel communication could have been better these past ~9 months.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'd be down for the return of those showcases. We kinda got that pre-launch, so hopefully they at least do another one for Year 2.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Can you explain why not? What has been late in the season pass?

Ed is Winter 2024. He's coming out in a couple weeks...in Winter 2024, just like they said.

Feels like you're creating imaginary delays just because you don't like the deadlines they gave you almost a year ago.

Oh it's a seasonal and semantic misunderstanding we are having. Where I am Summer basically begins soon lol.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Do we know when JP's birthday is? I guess even knowing, much less celebrating, JP's birthday feels weird for the kind of character he is, but these birthday events have been so consistent that it'll feel weird if he's not included in them.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when JP's birthday is? I guess even knowing, much less celebrating, JP's birthday feels weird for the kind of character he is, but these birthday events have been so consistent that it'll feel weird if he's not included in them.

May 1. His birthday message was already datamined, too.
Ah, a birthday message, but no need for celebrations. When you get to be my age, the days just melt together.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Capcom didn't make SF Duel, they still didn't intervene for the BS. So as far as I'm concerned, they still need to atone.

By this I mean we need Elena & Poison done right in SF6 ASAP.

Granted, Capcom did greenlight Duel so they ain't blameless. But I think (hope) the SF Team ain't as...that.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Would people be pissed if we didnt get all the season 2 characters announced together?

I think part of the hunger for news stems from the fact we haven't a heretofore unknown character revealed for the game since October 2022. Now granted, the leak was beyond their control but so long as the announcements are in their court, how would we feel about more frequent reveals with less characters? I'd kind of like 1 character revealed, next one after the revealed one gets a cryptic teaser ala the FFXIV job hints at fanfests. Then you have a reason to check in every so often and it doesn't feel like forever till you have another shot at your candidate rather than a full season of folks you may not have interest getting announced at once and you basically tabling excitement a year.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Would people be pissed if we didnt get all the season 2 characters announced together?
It's the minority opinion on Era, but I prefer characters being announced one at a time. Seeing concept art for the entire season at once is anticlimactic, and then you have to wait an entire year to be surprised again.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

I think part of the hunger for news stems from the fact we haven't a heretofore unknown character revealed for the game since October 2022. Now granted, the leak was beyond their control but so long as the announcements are in their court, how would we feel about more frequent reveals with less characters? I'd kind of like 1 character revealed, next one after the revealed one gets a cryptic teaser ala the FFXIV job hints at fanfests. Then you have a reason to check in every so often and it doesn't feel like forever till you have another shot at your candidate rather than a full season of folks you may not have interest getting announced at once and you basically tabling excitement a year.

don't really care. I'm fine with them announcing characters separately if they want to. Knowing season pass in advance is frankly boring from speculation aspect; but it does help to rip the bandage off quicker if people only like very few characters.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I would, but people it feels like people are creating negativity out of nothing so maybe drip feeding fake excitement by hiding information is what people actually want.

I think if you're asking for my money, you should tell me what I'm buying.

seroun

Banned
Oct 25, 2018
I think if you're asking for my money, you should tell me what I'm buying.

This, basically. I have no issue with how they handle the characters because I think 4 is good, but the fact that they keep pushing in-game store shit but you can't ever know when you should expect a patch is in my opinion insane. I don't care what is standard in fighting games or not.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
They should all be announced together alongside their release date. This way, you pretty much know what and when to expect.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

If they're gonna sell us a season pass, I'd prefer if they announced most (if not all) of the characters up-front. I appreciated that about most of the SFV seasons & SF6's Year 1, and I hope that doesn't go away.

At the very least, let us know ahead of time what games the characters will be pulled from (or if they're a newcomer) to somewhat set expectations.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
There was a leak for season 1, so i wonder if originally the plan wasn't even to reveal Ed and Akuma until this year.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Tekken 8's success makes me wonder if Capcom should start reusing animations for future SF games to ensure a larger base roster. SF6 is as good of a foundation as any.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Tekken 8's success makes me wonder if Capcom should start reusing animations for future SF games to ensure a larger base roster. SF6 is as good of a foundation as any.

i don't know. Tekken is doing great, but it's not lapping SF. no real need to go panic mode and start copying the Tekken formula.

besides, Tekken's animation reuse also coincides with legacy movesets. Tekken characters don't just move the same, they largely play the same.

Capcom is no stranger to asset reuse, the back half of the 90s is full Capcom reusing sprites and animations, but the tradition of numbered Street Fighters being completely brand new chapters is valuable. Especially considering how long those chapters last.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
i don't know. Tekken is doing great, but it's not lapping SF. no real need to go panic mode and start copying the Tekken formula.

besides, Tekken's animation reuse also coincides with legacy movesets. Tekken characters don't just move the same, they largely play the same.

Capcom is no stranger to asset reuse, the back half of the 90s is full Capcom reusing sprites and animations, but the tradition of numbered Street Fighters being completely brand new chapters is valuable. Especially considering how long those chapters last.
True, the gap isn't massive. Hell, even MK1 isn't that far ahead. All three are clearly doing great.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017

I think you'd see complaints as time went on by doing that. The new look of each iteration gets people interested.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think you'd see complaints as time went on by doing that. The new look of each iteration gets people interested.
Good point, starting over each time keeps each new entry feeling fresh. Although I suppose it's still a balancing act in terms of having a decently-sized roster with good animations.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope SF6 is living up to their internal expectations. I'm sure it will reach the ten million lifetime they have stated but I want them to keep giving that team money. Keep funding the future of the game and keep the pots big. I really hope it launches with switch 2 cause that will easily add a few million sales. 3 million is great but I was hoping it would be a breakout hit and hit 5 million the first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.