What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 330 41.5%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 86 10.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 350 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You think they'll do SF6 S2 and Monster Hunter Wilds in the same show?
We know Capcom said not to expect new Wilds news until Summer, because there was an expectation we'd get Wilds news in April during Monster Hunter's anniversary and they shut that right down.

So we're probably gonna see Wilds, unless Sony or Microsoft scoop the announcement up for their own conferences.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
Getting back into the game after a very long break, learning AKI finally and I have something to say… whoever decided Lily should kick her legs straight up into the air for both neutral and backwards recovery is a huge jerk. That's all.

Oct 25, 2017
120 matches in and I'm still close to a 75% winrate this season.

Savoring being a Battle Hub demon before season 2 ruins my life.
Hey if you want that winrate to drop, master rank well get your ass in line real quick lol. Granted I was playing with the sharks and demons as soon as the new phase started, but I think I'm only at like 60% and finally hitting 1700. Shit, I was at like 55% for a bit. Was rough out there, but I loved it.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Hey if you want that winrate to drop, master rank well get your ass in line real quick lol. Granted I was playing with the sharks and demons as soon as the new phase started, but I think I'm only at like 60% and finally hitting 1700. Shit, I was at like 55% for a bit. Was rough out there, but I loved it.

I'm enjoying being a gatekeeper! I'm a scumbag!

I'll jump into the rank grind soon* tho. Capcom need to drop them patch notes so I know what I'm working with.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I should be doing cool shit with Dragonlash but looking at Ken's tutorial, it looks like it's meant for combo extension which doesn't feel intuitive to do due to it's wind up when you are up close.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Year 2 lineup is def gonna be there as well as maybe a teaser for the first character, with EVO having more news abt em
I was gonna say the first character for season could be out before EVO like last year since the gap would be bigger than the release and Rashid coming out but then I remembered that Evo is in July this year so my guess is that the first character could be out the Tuesday after Evo.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
MH Wilds is likely at the next State of Play or PlayStation Showcase (maybe RE9 as well), while SF6 Year 2 might be at the main SGF event.

I don't think they'd push their biggest franchise out of the biggest summer showcase, tbh. And Monster Hunter is 100% their biggest franchise right now.

SF6 getting S2 is a much smaller announcement than what will likely be the first glimpse of Wilds gameplay.

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
New to the game (but not FGs) and I'm about 20ish hours in.

I'm really not feeling the Drive system. It's so frustrating to have your opponent go through your attack from what feels like half the screen to get you.

I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually but man. Combine that with Modern controls giving un-screwupable auto-combos to follow a successful Drive with and it's frustration city over here.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017

I'm really not feeling the Drive system. It's so frustrating to have your opponent go through your attack from what feels like half the screen to get you.

I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually but man. Combine that with Modern controls giving un-screwupable auto-combos to follow a successful Drive with and it's frustration city over here.

If it makes you feel any better I still dont understand aspects of it, even after 200h of play. Like, I see the screen freeze, I KNOW the opponent is doing a fullscreen boilerplate dr into combo opener so how is it that my fastest normal still doesn't seem to have enough time to counter something I expected ages ahead?

Imagine every other wakeup CA got you, even the times where you 'baited' it out by just holding block but SIKE tough luck blocking seemingly works whenever the fuck it feels like it.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot

Remember though, everything your opponent can do you can as well.

Modern controls end up feeling like an Ism more than an advantage by the time you get further along, and the instant supers can get baited pretty hard.

But yeah, it can be a lot at first.

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
If it makes you feel any better I still dont understand aspects of it, even after 200h of play. Like, I see the screen freeze, I KNOW the opponent is doing a fullscreen boilerplate dr into combo opener so how is it that my fastest normal still doesn't seem to have enough time to counter something I expected ages ahead?

Imagine every other wakeup CA got you, even the times where you 'baited' it out by just holding block but SIKE tough luck blocking seemingly works whenever the fuck it feels like it.

Honestly that does make me feel better. I'm beating myself up for being a scrub since I can't grok the system enough to actively deal with it, so hearing other people are having issues with 10x the experience makes me feel not so bad.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the screen freeze and variable spacing can make punishing a predicted drive rush tricky. best thing I've been able to do for it is to just play aggro myself and try to shut it down early, and that's not a real solution as much as it is a "just drive rush first bro"

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017

Lights have hurt boxes come out fairly early, checking with jabs is a pain in the ass, usually your 6-8 frame button is the wave for stuff that isn't close, so your disjoint should catch em.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
I feel like I should be doing cool shit with Dragonlash but looking at Ken's tutorial, it looks like it's meant for combo extension which doesn't feel intuitive to do due to it's wind up when you are up close.
Heavy lash works as a neutral skip/reaction check, and puts you plus frame and close enough for a strike/throw, meterless in some combos is a side switch, and there are dragonlash loops as well.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018

View: https://x.com/SA61V/status/1791477671437938787
GNybSOlb0AIYzeN

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Got to Legend (upper 1800s) and then got knocked back down to 1750. Now back to a little over 1800 MR.

I'm honestly a huge choker. Whenever it seems like I'm playing well, things just eventually go wrong and I fall apart.

I really need to sharpen my awareness in this game. Sometimes it's easy to lose track of your position on the screen and how much Drive meter you have.

I want to improve in this game so bad, but it's rough.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Any tips for hit confirming? I've improved a lot this year but I still can't hit confirm to save my life.

One of my biggest (noticable) flaws

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Any tips for hit confirming? I've improved a lot this year but I still can't hit confirm to save my life.

One of my biggest (noticable) flaws

can i be real with you? hit confirming decides matches at the highest levels, and to improve on it def take the advice from Neoxon above.

but it's honestly not a skill that determines the outcomes of beginner and intermediate matches.

source: i'm an intermediate killer and can't hit confirm to save my life.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
So drive reversal buff is suppoused to be the answer to raw drive rush on wakeup? Seems quite a good change, although i wish they would look into drive rush screen freeze also.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017

Dear god yes please, out of all the things that make me tilt throw loops are nr 1. I will literally go out of my way to win games by only throwing my opponents back. And when/if I win the games it's always with the most bitter aftertaste because who the hell wants to win like that?

Edit: I guess only those who share in the misery of not having realistic invincible wakeup options suffer the bane of throw loops

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It finally happened: I dreamt about SF6. Makoto was playable, first S2 character in fact (yay), and we had new costumes that changed appearance not with a code but depending on the round. Not subtle either; these changes were drastic. Not sure how I felt about that one.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Got to Legend (upper 1800s) and then got knocked back down to 1750. Now back to a little over 1800 MR.

I'm honestly a huge choker. Whenever it seems like I'm playing well, things just eventually go wrong and I fall apart.

I really need to sharpen my awareness in this game. Sometimes it's easy to lose track of your position on the screen and how much Drive meter you have.

I want to improve in this game so bad, but it's rough.

I'm not playing until the patch but if you even got to Legend you're super good at this game in my book. It's incredibly hard to get there let alone stay there. I'm hoping a fresh start with the balance changes will get me past the 1600 barrier. That's always my limit and where I can't ever seen to go up from.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Been watching some YouTube tier list and Finally people are coming around to the fact that A.K.I. is Mid tier.

I'm the opposite of a down player. I would not have sunk so much time into maining A.K.I. without thinking she is Good.

She has issues for sure but also Some really good strengths as well. People who were putting her Bottom 2-3 ish were crazy too me.

Oct 25, 2017
Been watching some YouTube tier list and Finally people are coming around to the fact that A.K.I. is Mid tier.

I'm the opposite of a down player. I would not have sunk so much time into maining A.K.I. without thinking she is Good.

She has issues for sure but also Some really good strengths as well. People who were putting her Bottom 2-3 ish were crazy too me.
You also have to remember that it depends on what rank you're playing at. People playing at high rank might rate her lower, while folk at low rank might rate her higher....I'm really not sure. I personally rate her about mid. But it's really only because she's so fucking terrible on wakeup. Honestly if she was just slightly better on wakeup I'd definitely give her top 8.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I'm not playing until the patch but if you even got to Legend you're super good at this game in my book. It's incredibly hard to get there let alone stay there. I'm hoping a fresh start with the balance changes will get me past the 1600 barrier. That's always my limit and where I can't ever seen to go up from.

Thank you. Yeah, it's really tough. A lot of people are super good in this game. I'll win a set against a high Legend (someone in the 100s), but then I'll lose the next set to someone much lower. At this point, I just assume everyone is going to be difficult no matter how much MR they have.

I'll admit, when I'm playing like crap and start losing a lot, my mindset turns to shyt. Logically speaking, I know I'm not terrible, but in the moment....I feel terrible. That's something I have to work on.

You'll go beyond your limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.