• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
power-rangers-legacy-4er0x.jpg

Capcom Japan directly oversaw this effort by providing key insight into adding faithful versions of the following characters and move-sets into the game, which we'll reveal after you take a look at this epic trailer:
Yoshinori Ono, executive producer at Capcom, followed up, saying:

"The collaboration between Power Rangers and Street Fighter feels like a dream to me. The Rangers series that I also grew up watching as a kid have crossed overseas, became Power Rangers, and is now well received by all ages. I can't contain my excitement just thinking about the idea of our Street Fighter characters moving about in that world."
Source: http://collider.com/power-rangers-legacy-wars-street-fighter-trailer

Screenshots, including an extremely accurately modeled Akuma:

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How fucking unexpected is that? :lol

That's awesome though, I dig that crossover, but god this is so random!!

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I've played a fair amount of Legacy War and let me tell you: it's not great. But if this opens the door to something like a Hasbro/Toei vs Capcom, then I'll be perfectly okay with that haha

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I wasn't gonna be as honest with my title

I am intrigued by this, but so so on Legacy Wars

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
....Hasbro.

I know mobile is where you're making the most of your money, but please get into the traditional console gaming space, too. PLEASE.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I've played a fair amount of Legacy War and let me tell you: it's not great. But if this opens the door to something like a Hasbro/Toei vs Capcom, then I'll be perfectly okay with that haha
While I think that's certainly on the table, I suspect the immediate incentive was that Capcom is working on a mobile eSports Street Fighter game, so I suspect they want to do this collaboration in reverse in the future.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Interesting that they're using Cammy's story costume rather than her default.

I was hoping that they would use Hot Ryu, but I guess his default make sense.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
While I think that's certainly on the table, I suspect the immediate incentive was that Capcom is working on a mobile eSports Street Fighter game, so I suspect they want to do this collaboration in reverse in the future.
Fair point! You know, I think Goldar would fit pretty well in the Street Fighter roster...

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Ryu has fought the majority of popular characters in fiction, right?

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that they're using Cammy's story costume rather than her default.

I was hoping that they would use Hot Ryu, but I guess his default make sense.
Given a lot of the commentary in the article, I get the sense they wanted something more "all ages", as they view this as a way to help market Street Fighter to kids.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
This was unexpected. Especially when it's the first time I heard of this mobile game. Probably wouldn't be enticed to play it, but some SF exposure in other popular IPs is great to see.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom Vs. Power Rangers?

Also I thought Power Rangers was sold and that Saban doesn't own it anymore?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
That aside, it would have been nice to see Capcom throw in Rashid &/or Menat alongside the others

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
This is super cool, I love collecting Rangers in that game and lol at no thong for Cammy and the stuck flap for no "pantyshots" with Chun-li.
But Chun-li always wears leggings in her Regular Costume?

Cammy tho, That girl hates pants. We have all come to terms that Cammy will set fire to a pair of jeans if they come within 10 feet of her.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
now imagine if this was a real fighting game

made by capcom circa 2011

:(

also IS IVAN OOZE PLAYABLE THIS IS IMPORTANT

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
This'll push me to download the game now! Kept forgetting about it.

Didn't think this'd be a cross-over I'd be down for. Now, when will they do TMNT x SF!? And throw in TMNT into Legacy Wars too.

Edit: Anymore official art for this? Would rather non House Udon style, not that it's bad above, but I know there could be more exciting art!

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make this the next cross over game.