• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like people just wanna find a reason to be outraged when it comes to this game. People that don't even play the game at that.
You know what's outraging ? I can play fighting games with fucking animals or poneys that were probably made by 5 people in a basement, and have a top tier online experience.

In the meantime, SFV has been garbage online for four years. And the only time we hear something about Netcode improvements is when a mod helped some people having a better online experience.

At this point, i'm not even mad @ the changes (or the lack of changes). It's just that, as usual, the communication from Capcom is nowhere to be found. Is it too much to ask to have a goddamn blog post explaining things ? A video ? Something better than Ono apologizing for the 39283 time ?

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
That's easy to do, it's not like anyone plays them or talks about them.

CHECK OUT THAT NEW DLC FOR TEKKEN 7 THOUGH HOLY SHIT

I love you, lol.

Remember when we played KI with Dog awhile back? I got my ass beat but that netcode held up well enough to where I knew I was getting merked.

Dog (UK) and I (US) have played MK11 online a lot with very little lag. I think we tried SFV twice and gave up. Same with another friend. People have every right to be annoyed when this netcode has been ass for ages. Hopefully we'll see improvements this week though. Seth is a lot of fun.

Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com

VesperArcade on Twitter

“There is a lot of talk about the netcode being exactly the same but I have tested multiple people who were laggy for me before and it is much better for me now. Both sides for diff platforms. I know there is still 1 sided roll-back but from my perspective it's better.”

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what's outraging ? I can play fighting games with fucking animals or poneys that were probably made by 5 people in a basement, and have a top tier online experience.

In the meantime, SFV has been garbage online for four years. And the only time we hear something about Netcode improvements is when a mod helped some people having a better online experience.

At this point, i'm not even mad @ the changes (or the lack of changes). It's just that, as usual, the communication from Capcom is nowhere to be found. Is it too much to ask to have a goddamn blog post explaining things ? A video ? Something better than Ono apologizing for the 39283 time ?

Fucking this.

Of course people are mad. We've been dealing with this shit ass communication forever. If they fixed something, how hard is it to explain what they did? To acknowledge what there was TO fix. Capcom has never once acknowledged the issues with the netcode, and now "Adjustments to netcode were made" are what we get? lmao

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I played a few matches so far and one of them was against a PC player. It seemed to be a bit rough but I think it was trying to resynch us. I can't speak for how it was on their end since I'm on PS4 otherwise I would know for sure that its improved or not.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
No surprise that they would block the fan mode, being able to modify local files in such a way that it impacts other player's experience is not something you want to keep around (especially with Cross-Play in the mix).

Still it's a huge dissapointment that they've seemingly done nothing to fix the basic issue with the one sided rollback that's been known and complained about since back in 2016. Hopefully they keep trying to fix it and properly adress what kind of efforts they're making, because right now they just don't look worthy of any trust when it comes to Fighting Game netcode

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
No surprise that they would block the fan mode, being able to modify local files in such a way that it impacts other player's experience is not something you want to keep around (especially with Cross-Play in the mix).

Still it's a huge dissapointment that they've seemingly done nothing to fix the basic issue with the one sided rollback that's been known and complained about since back in 2016. Hopefully they keep trying to fix it and properly adress what kind of efforts they're making, because right now they just don't look worthy of any trust when it comes to Fighting Game netcode

Play the game, the netcode has been retooled with many people expressing that it is noticeable smoother.

People with terrible connections are always gonna have have a bad time, capcom cant patch people with shit internet to have better.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
An unofficial, unauthorized netcode mod was not going to live for long in any officially released game. I'm not surprised priority one was "we fixed the glitch".

It now comes down to if they did any actual work to the stability of an average online match. That's what drove the fix behind Capcom's back in the first place.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

We don't know if they completely fixed the one sided rollback. If anything, people that have tested it are saying the game is trying to resync (which is what it didn't do before and what you need to fix the one sided rollback). To what extent still needs more testing, but it's clear at this point that they did something and not just got rid of the mod.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

And yet we have many people who are saying there is improvement. The majority of people ranting on twitter about how there was no fix had not even played the game at the time, and were just angry because the PC version asked users to verify files after the update. Apparently no mod = there was no fix to these people.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it. How would removing the mod mean they didn't fix the net code? The mod might interfere sith the current netcode and fuck it up, which is why it might have been disabled.

I am going to wait before I start trashing Capcom.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The FGC deserves to cease to exist tbh.
2d2.jpg

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Given that there seem to be a bunch of reports of people having a better time online, I'm going to say I'm sorry to Capcom for claiming at the don't care about their netcode.

But I'm just gonna slag them off for their fuck-awful communication instead. We shouldn't have conflicting reports about whether the netcode was changed. Come on.

DrMoguera

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it. How would removing the mod mean they didn't fix the net code? The mod might interfere sith the current netcode and fuck it up, which is why it might have been disabled.

I am going to wait before I start trashing Capcom.
The immediacy of how many latched onto this kneejerk reaction with zero proof is so disturbing. At least get some impressions from a day or two before immediately going for the jugular on this.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
And yet we have many people who are saying there is improvement. The majority of people ranting on twitter about how there was no fix had not even played the game at the time, and were just angry because the PC version asked users to verify files after the update. Apparently no mod = there was no fix to these people.
There are mostly two kinds of people ranting about SFV at the moment: people that haven't even tested the game themselves, and their sheep followers.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I had 6 matches I'm out.

Especially after i had experienced the modded netcode version.

This is mad whack. I will not be playing SFV anymore. :)

If they changed something it's still subpar and not as good as the mod.

I had two perfect matches, the rest went from mediocre to awful.

edit : 3 bars was unplayable, 4 to 5 bars was hit or miss.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because it isn't garbage? and they made changes so we will have to see if it ends up being positive but it doesn't mean it's bad. The overreactions with sfv is embarrassing.

Oct 27, 2017
The immediacy of how many latched onto this kneejerk reaction with zero proof is so disturbing. At least get some impressions from a day or two before immediately going for the jugular on this.
True. The game was disappointing at the start of the gen but at it it's cureent stage it doesn't deserve all the shit it gets.

Main complaints have been:
-Very small roster. This was fixed years ago.
-tons of dlc costumes. Fixed since last year when they made the CE.
-Very littke nostalgia SF2/Alpha characters. Fixed and now the roster is the best over all roster in the series.

The game is at a state where there is tons of content and things to play with, and almost every big complaint is fixed. If the netcode is fixed and people are still complaining then it is hopeless. No matter what Capcom does will be met with people trashing them.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Just clarify something for me, so how is the netcode right now? I haven't played the game much online since it came out tbh. How is the netcode compared to then?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
what happens if I launch with the mod installed? I forgot what files to delete. Altimars mod

It'll overwrite the mod files I hear

Just clarify something for me, so how is the netcode right now? I haven't played the game much online since it came out tbh. How is the netcode compared to then?

Jury's out. Some people are getting the same experience as before, some folks are saying its improved. Probably not enough time has passed to know for sure.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I'm gonna wait till the weekend for better impressions after people have tested it intensely.
I, at least, was expecting this forum to not go the kneejerk route and also take a wait and see approach, but I expected too much I guess. First page of this thread is a mess.

Anyway, on a positive note the fact that Ono is asking for feedback gives me hope that they're planning to keep improving the netcode should the current patch prove not to be an ideal solution.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
It's working fine for me. Played California to NY PS4 to PC earlier for an hour or so and had no issues.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
So a bunch of people are saying it's fixed.
A bunch of people are saying it's worse.
And a bunch of people are saying there's no difference.

Sounds like nothing was really changed and confirmation bias is going crazy tonight.

EDIT: What's really an issue is Capcom's continual refusal to give actual patch notes and changes for when they fix something in SFV.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I started the night off with some atrocious matches, but my last 5 opponents I had were smooth. I only played 4-5 bar matches. I'm calling it a night and will check this out tomorrow if I got time. Those last matches got my hopes up.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 to PC still feels awful. Now I'm getting slowdown and rollback.

PC to PC seems good.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like it's dynamic?

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every pc to ps4 match I've had has either had really bad rollback, slowdown, or both.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
This isn't real...like this didn't actually happen. I'm in a weird fever dream. What are they thinking? Maybe there's some weird bug with the rollout? Because there is a NOTICEABLE input lag now for me online. It feels like it's better when I lower my Hz output or maybe I'm just extremely high
Edit : the pc to pc games are what are running smoother, I just rewatched a shadowplay confirming it. Looks like hz has nothing to do with it

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
FGC community is bad like why don't they have blind trust of Capcom? They've done so much to earn people's trust... so... much...

/s in case not obvious

Last edited:

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Im an hour in.... It's good for me! At least as good as the mod was without those weird slow down matches. I did spot in one match that the game slowed down a bit for like 3 seconds.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't real...like this didn't actually happen. I'm in a weird fever dream. What are they thinking? Maybe there's some weird bug with the rollout? Because there is a NOTICEABLE input lag now for me online. It feels like it's better when I lower my Hz output or maybe I'm just extremely high
Edit : the pc to pc games are what are running smoother, I just rewatched a shadowplay confirming it. Looks like hz has nothing to do with it

I think it's constantly trying to re-sync pc to ps4 which is causing it to slowdown. It's terrible.

Tells me that ps4 to pc was always bad, though.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom's FG team continues to be an embarrassment as opposed to their other divisons.

Get your shit together.