• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Challenges are up the win 10 ranked matches makes me nervous lol
Also I'm here for the cheese strategy for the extra battle, does Rashid still works on the new dude?

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
New golden shadaloo guy doesn't seem too hard. It's 5,000 FM per clear from him, so net 12,000 FM if you win all three tries.

Felt like he was the easiest one so far. For whatever reason his stun meter is very small, so you should be able to land a stun on him very early on. Other than like a very weird slow dive kick type thing he seemed pretty unremarkable offensively. Don't bother trying to throw as he seems pretty good at teching, but bad at dealing with meaties and blockstrings on wakeup so just bully him to death after that first quick stun.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any costumes that you guys would buy no matter what? I wouldn't think twice about dropping $4 on Cody's classic Final Fight look.
Young and Yoga Pants Sagat.
latest
latest

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah he was easy, but that divekick has one of the most fucked up hitboxes I've seen

He has a few that are really strange. He anti-aired me with his sMK twice across all three attempts, which is like a perfectly horizontal move. I don't know if it just has like a crazy good hurtbox or what but I remember cocking my head to the side both times it worked against Ed's jHP.

Oct 25, 2017
He has a few that are really strange. He anti-aired me with his sMK twice across all three attempts, which is like a perfectly horizontal move. I don't know if it just has like a crazy good hurtbox or what but I remember cocking my head to the side both times it worked against Ed's jHP.
I was trying to jump over him and he hit me with his back while he was coming down with the divekick....
.... like multiple hits.

I wish I could fight him again just to fuck around and see his moves.

Gren

Oct 27, 2017
This Shadaloo soldier was the hardest one, imo. AI would either crouch or do a move that lowered its hurtbox at the last minute, causing all my jump-ins (even cross -ups) to whiff. Was much less of a punching bag than the others.

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
Are there any costumes that you guys would buy no matter what? I wouldn't think twice about dropping $4 on Cody's classic Final Fight look.
I probably wouldn't know until I saw it.

My one costume purchase was Necalli's samurai-esque one, but I could see myself buying something for Ed if something amazing came along (I'm one of the few who really like his default costume as-is way more than his story or battle costume.)

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The golden shadaloo soldier gets stun really fast it wasn't that difficult... but suddenly while fighting him it got really laggy or the framerate went crazy is it just me? LOL

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I probably wouldn't know until I saw it.

My one costume purchase was Necalli's samurai-esque one, but I could see myself buying something for Ed if something amazing came along (I'm one of the few who really like his default costume as-is way more than his story or battle costume.)
Ed's default is great but the first color isn't. I'm partial to colors 2, 3 and whatever the black one is.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I lost once to the new golden solider, decide to pick Abigail to get easy win, got rekt, picked my main Alex and beat him with ease, i only netted 7k :(

langgi

Oct 27, 2017
Southeast Asia
lmao what's this golden shadaloo, I got KO-ed fast in my 1st try with Ken. Beat him in 2nd match with Rashid.

Chun was braindead tho. I got perfect :p

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
12k FM from this weeks gold soldier. He hits like a truck, but he cant seem to take the hits himself. The others before kind of had an obvious weakness that let me steam roll them, this guy pretty much takes off about a third of your life bar with that combo into divekick. He got me to about 40-50% life in 2-3 matches.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I always wanted Cody's "Streetwise" outfit in SF IV. Maybe it'll happen in SFV, but seeing he is now different, it might not make it.
07_alts4_09.jpg

Also, the suit he wears is baller, so maybe there is no need for that.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
those are the wirst ones

not sweat pants and suit detective segat
Young Sagat has never been modeled in a game; the one in 4 is just his normal model I think. I'm thinking of a redone face like Ryu's Alpha alt and a redone body like Birdie's nostalgia costume. And athleisure moose knuckle Sagat is great.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Young Sagat has never been modeled in a game; the one in 4 is just his normal model I think. I'm thinking of a redone face like Ryu's Alpha alt and a redone body like Birdie's nostalgia costume. And athleisure moose knuckle Sagat is great.
Tights sagat is terrible, sweatpants all day

I can KIIINda feel you on the young modeled sagat though

They would have to do some extensive stuff, like he would have also be skinner , but it would be interesting

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey can someone give a quick rundown how ranked works, I noticed you can lose points, but do you also lose ranks, say can you go from Bronze to Rookie or are you locked into a certain rank once you have it?

Last edited:

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does the Golden Shadaloo award flat FM or is it through XP?
Because if it's the former I'll just HK Eagle Spike him to death.

But my Rashid has a high level due to survivals. So if it's XP gains he wont be able to rank up much.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
question:
I just got SFV:AE after not having played street fighter since USFIV came out. Do the trials teach bnb combos?

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure? Thank god if so... I don't wanna play against gold / silver players only lol.

Would be especially dumb if I'm trying out a new character. And I only play ranked for the weekly FM challenge anyways.
If you want to try a new character play causal or go to a lobby.
But yes you can definitely rank down. It's not uncommon to go up a rank only to get shit on the next match and rank down.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you want to try a new character play causal or go to a lobby.
But yes you can definitely rank down. It's not uncommon to go up a rank only to get shit on the next match and rank down.

I mean I just generally don't like ranks.
So that's definitely cool, in some fighting games you can't rank down (or it's incredibly difficult) which makes such a ranking system inherently broken if the only way you can go is up lol.

Oh, well, this is definitely easier than casual, 7 wins in a row, I'm not even close to that in casual matches.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
WTF is up with this Shadaloo thing's hitbox. Should've just spammed Rashido. :|

myco666

Oct 26, 2017
Fake Europe

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
question:
I just got SFV:AE after not having played street fighter since USFIV came out. Do the trials teach bnb combos?
You might be better off watching videos on Youtube and getting a feel for the character in training mode tbh. Trials will give you an idea of what can be done, but don't rely on it.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
question:
No, the majority of the combos in trials are...weird. Just things you probably wouldn't do in a match, or would do in a different way. Youtube is where the real combos are. Just saw someone answered your post already saying what I did.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I appreciate you guys describing the Shadaloo Soldier fight in detail. Sounds like a glass cannon. I think I'll stick to Rashid AI cheese strats for this one.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Any youtube channels/videos that show how specific characters are to be played? I played Boxer in SF4 and Urien in 3rd Strike but I might also be interested in Dhalsim.

Status
Not open for further replies.