• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Excellent OP, my interest for the game has definitely peaked after reading it. I've always wanted to get into SF, and now it seems like a good time to do so. Got a couple a questions:
- How accessible is the game in terms of learning curve for a really casual fighting games player like me? Is there enough SP content at this point to justify the purchase?
- If I were to get the vanilla edition of the game + free update, are the DLC characters the only content I'd be missing or is there something else? The base game can be found for a fiver here, and I'd like to give it a try before buying a more expensive edition/extra content

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Well this is disappointing. Just got a message from the shop I pre-ordered which says the release date is postponed from 16-01-18 to 26-01-18. Every other shop in the Netherlands now says January 26 as well.

Ten fucking days...

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Excellent OP, my interest for the game has definitely peaked after reading it. I've always wanted to get into SF, and now it seems like a good time to do so. Got a couple a questions:
- How accessible is the game in terms of learning curve for a really casual fighting games player like me? Is there enough SP content at this point to justify the purchase?
- If I were to get the vanilla edition of the game + free update, are the DLC characters the only content I'd be missing or is there something else? The base game can be found for a fiver here, and I'd like to give it a try before buying a more expensive edition/extra content
We'll be able to answer the SP content once we've had time to play it. It looks like there will be loads to do, but it might not be interesting unless you like unlocking bonus art and stuff.

Pay the fiver and join us! You won't get the DLC characters but you can unlock the ones you really want with fight money or wait for a good deal on the season passes.

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll ask this here too

Does anyone know if the disc comes with a code? I have SFV digitally and a few best buy certificates and GCU. Maybe cheaper to go that route than it would be getting the S1 and S2 pass

atmuh

Oct 25, 2017
1. I would say very accessible, combos are easier to do in this game than in previous sf games (I know because I can actually do them). I spent a good amount of time doing SP "content" which in the past was just combo trials for every character and a very limited story mode. With arcade mode added I'd say there's plenty for you.
2. You also wouldn't get some costumes/colors for characters and a bunch of stages would be locked behind DLC. Nothing gameplay related outside of the characters obviously.

langgi

Oct 27, 2017
Southeast Asia
Just upgraded to AE few minutes ago on Steam. Trying out Arcade Mode (SF Alpha) right now, first fight was Sakura. Dayuuum that Kasugano Residence theme.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't keep FM earned with Sakura unless you purchase her (if you let the free trial period expire and then buy her, you apparently get it back immediately though). Arcade mode should give some amount of experience, but I can't imagine it'll be more than a couple of levels per character overall.

Wow. That's not how it was previously. Its a shame.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Otu0LkZ.gif

The new menu actually looks pretty spiffy. Also diggin' the new menu music. Super nice.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Kolin's V-Trigger two is way better than her first one.

- That Alpha remix on Arcade Mode. Oh my. This game really has the GOAT soundtrack.

- The first fight in Alpha is a nice surprise.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Alright got the patch downloaded time to lose myself in training mode.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am really appreciating the improvements to presentation, feels like the game has a much stronger visual identity now.

And these remixes of character select themes from Street Fighters past are dope. I'm so glad the original SFV character select lives on in arcade mode.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
We'll be able to answer the SP content once we've had time to play it. It looks like there will be loads to do, but it might not be interesting unless you like unlocking bonus art and stuff.

Pay the fiver and join us! You won't get the DLC characters but you can unlock the ones you really want with fight money or wait for a good deal on the season passes.

1. I would say very accessible, combos are easier to do in this game than in previous sf games (I know because I can actually do them). I spent a good amount of time doing SP "content" which in the past was just combo trials for every character and a very limited story mode. With arcade mode added I'd say there's plenty for you.
2. You also wouldn't get some costumes/colors for characters and a bunch of stages would be locked behind DLC. Nothing gameplay related outside of the characters obviously.

Thanks for your answers! If all that is locked are characters and stages I think I'll go for the base game + free update. I'll still have 16 characters to play with and learn, so that + the SP stuff should keep me busy for a while

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
p.s.

You can now skip the post character select animation. Training mode just loaded in 2 seconds on PC for me.

B4xl1AkCYAET562.png

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving the intro. I haven't seen it until now but the music and way that it is shot reminds me so much of the Tekken PS1 game intros. So good.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Just played a little of the "Arcade" mode in SF1. It was pretty cool. Can't wait to get Sakura.

Also, I'll probably splurge a little and pick up a few random costumes.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can you play the new stuff already? Or do you have to wait for the servers to come back up and update itself

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
going to receive my copy today cant wait , im not that good playing fighting game but i love them , going to try to get better a sf v

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
How's A.I. difficulty in Arcade mode? Is it brain dead stand still and take all your hits like Survival mode (early levels)?

I just played through first one, and I went all cocky and picked hard. I got my ass handed to me quite a bit. They would "bait" wake up DPs, something entirety of Sf4 AI is incapable of doing, they are good at anti-airing, and for example, characters like ken, would totally do their rfeint kick into grab and other annyoningly cheeky stuff.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking of getting back into this game now. Played it tons back during it's release and even bought a stick. The thing is I really only played Ryu because I wanted to learn the very basics of the game. But now I want to find a character that really fits me. I have none of the dlc but got 200k FM.

What character should I focus on? I don't want any combos that are too complicated. I was thinking of Juri, Sakura, Rashid, Zeku or Ibuki. But then I'm only going by looks and no idea how they play. Any tips, go for two of those or anyone else? I prefer characters that can do interesting mind games or are fast and good to rush with.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
zeku is very simple if you stick to 1 "character", like i only play old man zeku for example
out of those you listed rashid is probably the best choice

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
So I must be blind, but how do I download AE version? I havent booted up SFV in a while and I downloaded a huge update (probably the story update) but it wasnt AE.

Status
Not open for further replies.