• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
I want them to experiment again and just nuke most of the cast from orbit. Part of the reason SFIV was popular (and also to its detriment, IMO) was that it was just Street Fighter 2 + some new guys. When you can joke that your game is Street Fighter 2² there's a bit of a problem, at least initially. I would prefer a mostly new cast ala SF3 and just sprinkle in a few returning characters as time goes on. It's gotten silly when most of the returning cast you see before DLC is SF2 all over again. I know the argument is always to keep fan favorites so you don't lose customers, but sometimes enough is enough.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I want them to experiment again and just nuke most of the cast from orbit. Part of the reason SFIV was popular (and also to its detriment, IMO) was that it was just Street Fighter 2 + some new guys. When you can joke that your game is Street Fighter 2² there's a bit of a problem, at least initially. I would prefer a mostly new cast ala SF3 and just sprinkle in a few returning characters as time goes on. It's gotten silly when most of the returning cast you see before DLC is SF2 all over again. I know the argument is always to keep fan favorites so you don't lose customers, but sometimes enough is enough.

They just did an entire season of new characters.

Namtab

Oct 27, 2017
SF2 cast is here to stay.

Capcom will not make the same mistake they made with SF3

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
You know how people are in the FGC though. They want to mainline nostalgia always. See everyone's character lists they want, all of them nostalgia characters. No slots for new characters at all when people are guessing for what the next season will be.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Hey, I've been playing this game since the start on my PS4, but just bought it for my own account on Steam as well. Let me get this straight, can I unlock costumes like bearded Ryu with fight money or not? I think that if I keep playing I'll be able to unlock costumes, but I'm not sure.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine if SF6 had no SF2 characters tbh. I usually play newcomers anyway, so I've been pretty happy having so many charming newcomers in SF5.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They aren't getting rid of the classics, you crazy people.

MCD250

Oct 27, 2017
I think the way they played it in V is a good balance between "go all new" like in III and "rehash Super Turbo" like in IV. Get the fan favorites from II, some folks from other series (because there actually are other SF games besides II and III) + Final Fight and new characters.

I could also see certain character archetypes from older games be gradually replaced by similar character archetypes from newer games, provided the former are not too popular and the latter are well received. Like I wouldn't be surprised if a future SF game had Menat in place of Dhalsim, for instance.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
You know how people are in the FGC though. They want to mainline nostalgia always. See everyone's character lists they want, all of them nostalgia characters. No slots for new characters at all when people are guessing for what the next season will be.
I don't have a problem including one or two, I mean I'm ecstatic Sakura is back and was very happy when they showed Mika and Karin and that Ibuki was indeed an addition, but I'm fine with letting them rest. Things can continue on without them. People having a couple of preferences is fine but this?

SFIV was a mistake, it's nothing but trash (etc etc).

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I've been playing this game since the start on my PS4, but just bought it for my own account on Steam as well. Let me get this straight, can I unlock costumes like bearded Ryu with fight money or not? I think that if I keep playing I'll be able to unlock costumes, but I'm not sure.
Bearded Ryu is a premium costume, so real money only. You can view the costumes in the Shop. Story costumes are the only ones you can buy with Fight Money (you get Ryu and Chun's for free), which cost 40K. Basically, if you don't see a Fight Money price in the Shop for an item, it means you can only buy it with real money.

tecl0n

Oct 25, 2017
Ed's backdash

giphy.gif

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Menat makes the SF6 base roster. She deserves it, best character design in all of SF4/5.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
There are FGC folks that won't play a new SF game until their favorite characters are in it. And a lot of those happen to be the SF2 cast so it's highly doubtful that they will ever release another SF game without those characters in the base roster.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Bearded Ryu is a premium costume, so real money only. You can view the costumes in the Shop. Story costumes are the only ones you can buy with Fight Money (you get Ryu and Chun's for free), which cost 40K. Basically, if you don't see a Fight Money price in the Shop for an item, it means you can only buy it with real money.

Thanks, is bearded Ryu part of a costume pack or not? Do the premium packs ever go to sale or nah?

JRoth

Oct 26, 2017
IMO, Guile should of been in the base game at launch and not a DLC/Season pass character. Though, on the flip side, I can see why they did it.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This game is overdue for a new character from Delta Red/a new Doll. It's weird to me that it seems like Capcom's going all in on Neo-Shadaloo and not giving older groups attention.
I wouldn't wast a character slot in another Doll. If anything, I'd make a game mode to play with all these NPC only characters. In addition to the story / boss rush mode / EX battle where you fight them.

But I'd like to have a Delta Red member. Maybe Wolfman, who may ask for help the other Delta Red members by using certain attacks (think Nadesiko or Captain Commando).

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really bad at this but I've let go caring about wins and I'm having much more fun. I still do get mad though when my fingers flub inputs. :(

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SF6 shouldn't have any character from any previous game, just start from scratch, also it shouldn't be a fighting game, make it a third person shooter or a visual novel.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think we'll ever see a Street Fighter 3 situation again. While not everyone may come back (at first), we'll see series mainstays returning in the new installments.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Menat makes the SF6 base roster. She deserves it, best character design in all of SF4/5.
I'd say it's a tie between her and Juri, their designs are so good they should become mainstays imo.

I know but I don't trust capcom lol
It'd be pretty dumb of them not to have him just because he's dead. I said it some days ago, but they could have him in a flashback or a dream sequence in SF6's story mode so that they could have an excuse to make him playable.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

Even if SFIV was SF2 heavy, that was totally fine because the series had been effectively dead for a decade, the lack of SF2 characters in SF3 played a part in that, and its return to fighters was a big deal. It was a small miracle it even happened.

Gutting the main cast again like SF3 is not going to happen. Fortunately, SFV has been pretty good about mixing old and new up. Of the DLC characters, 7 of 18 are new which is a good ratio, and probably more newcomers than most expected.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
SF2 privilege is a real and imo holds the series back, but whatchagonnado I guess. At least people can finally shut up about WHERE'S SUGAHT

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Mika has regained my rank that Kolin lost yesterday, the power of the graps!
Thus I had to purchase her battle costume, that's how I justify that £2.50.

SF6 shouldn't have any character from any previous game, just start from scratch, also it shouldn't be a fighting game, make it a third person shooter or a visual novel.
Boy if you folks thought Bengus was struggling to get art done for story mode here...

Groof

Oct 26, 2017
Yum 30th anniversary costume pack free in EU. S3 comes with the pre-order stuff US got... i wonder how long it'll be there i'm tempted

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, in the same spirit, Tom should really be included as a playable character at some point. He's arguably the biggest plot device of SFIII.
He's indeed necessary if they want to bridge into SF3. But that's only if they want to add more depth to Alex, or even recognize he was the hero of his game...
I really hope Honda sits SF5 out. He staid out of SFxT, he can do it twice! Hopefully the relative popularity of most SF5 newcomers means the SF2 gang will be on the backburner in SF6. By 2020, they'll just be "some of the characters of USF4", nothing more or less than Fuerte or Rufus. Let them rest. Bring Hakan back instead.

I'm starting to get the hang out of Kolin, VT2 be blessed. Winning matches even! I just need to remember that I'm too dumb to use her counters and I shouldn't try to be fancy.
I discover some her winning quotes against Laura and Urien, and wow, that's some sick ice burn there.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow it wasn't until AE that I realised how great Kolin's backwards walk animation was, especially now you can have sparkly finger pointing via Trigger 2.

Yum 30th anniversary costume pack free in EU. S3 comes with the pre-order stuff US got... i wonder how long it'll be there i'm tempted
Didn't it disappear into the aether? I still can't even get Season 3 over here in Blighty.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Rufus is the biggest travesty in the series. Original design is one of the best in the series and an instant classic. Instead they went that joke character route. He deserves to be forgotten forever. Truly.
If I bought the original game on release but never bought any of the dlc characters, can I get them for free?
Yes, assuming you currently have 1.2M fight money on your account.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
If I bought the original game on release but never bought any of the dlc characters, can I get them for free?

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Hoyl shit. Ed is a TON of fun. After getting used to his weird inputs I really start to feel him. Reminds me a lot of cody for some reason. Gotta try him in some online battles soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.