• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
LOL and here I was guessing that at least one character would drop this or next week with the rest showing up until the end of the year.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Cool character choices, really glad it wasn't that tarot shit.

Totes unsurprisingly they had nothing to actually show. They literally said they started working on season 5 based on the reception to Champion Edition. Some folk just didn't want to accept reality.

Holy shit SFVI is not coming out until 2023
I've been telling you people all along.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I'm liking this post Ono world

Great format. This new season is clearly werent the original plan but I like knowing what's happening

Feel better about SF 6 already

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
What this tells me is that they have no budget and a very diminished team.

But I got Rose so I'm happy. Even if I have to wait ~5 months to play her.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
This is the first time Capcom Cup will have taken place in the middle of a gameplay season, interesting.

Also the fifth character still being secret after fucking AKIRA announced might mean SFV is getting its first proper guest character... I'm mixed about that for sure.
It's Capcpom, it's more likely they're leaving Yun or El Fuerte for the final character lmao.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Are we sure they're hopping into SF6 after this game wraps? Feels like we'll get another VS game or something first.

That character lineup is fire, by the way. Super excited for all of them.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow.

Rose, Oro and Akira? That's awesome. Not sure about Dan yet but if they rework him into being cool or more than a joke then I am fully down.

This must mean there is a chance for yet another season I hope!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
SF6 not being until 2022 makes sense. Don't see it being later than that.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
So, only four out of five announced (not even one I would've wanted anyway, indifferent at best to Rose and Akira), with none of them actually ready yet, only Dan due to arrive this year, and the others staggered throughout next year...

aa0.png

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Cool character choices, really glad it wasn't that tarot shit.

Totes unsurprisingly they had nothing to actually show. They literally said they started working on season 5 based on the reception to Champion Edition. Some folk just didn't want to accept reality.

I've been telling you people all along.

Even I've been saying 2022 all this time, but 2022 seems even more unlikely now.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
they need to port Project Justice to PC/Consoles ASAP. People need to remember how awesome Rival Schools was

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Eh I guess I'm not excepting Viper at this point, much as I wanted her. But Akira, holy shit! If Capcom wanted to fully establish Rival Schools as part of the Street Fighter canon, I'm glad they started with Akira as its first playable rep.

Now bring me Tiffany Lords in the future!

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, only four out of five announced (not even one I would've wanted anyway, indifferent at best to Rose and Akira), with none of them actually ready yet, only Dan due to arrive this year, and the others staggered throughout next year...

aa0.png
that can't be helped, capcom wasn't prepared for a pandemic

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Positives from this is that the fighting game division already seems like its in better shape without Ono. That was more infromation in 20 minutes than they've given us in the last four years.

The other positives is that we can put Arthur and Kira in the bin where they belong.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Viper and makoto were robbed.

But very interesting selection nonetheless.

Last character better be bonkers

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I'm hyped for Akira and Oro. Long wait though.

This is stretching a year out.

God, I want a PS5 enhancement patch so bad.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Last character is a dude, judging by the amount of costumes they come with. (Because male characters aren't allowed to have swimsuits in SFV because homophobia.)

Anyway, happy the tarot thing was bunk, happy that Rose is coming, mixed feelings about Akira because I'd rather have a new Rival Schools game, but maybe this will help make that happen. Couldn't care less about Dan and Oro, and the roadmap's timeframe is ridiculous.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
POST ONO STREET FIGHTER HAS TRANSPARENCY

BLESS

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time Capcom Cup will have taken place in the middle of a gameplay season, interesting.

Also the fifth character still being secret after fucking AKIRA announced might mean SFV is getting its first proper guest character... I'm mixed about that for sure.

I'd die if it was Terry. Considering the history of Fatal Fury and Street Fighter, he's about the only guest character that I feel fits right out of the gate. The problem is he's in everything now. :p

NaM

Feb 7, 2018
So we get Dan with the new "battle mechanic" before the end of the year, uhmmm.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Thought it was a solid line up and announcement. Main downside is the gap, which is long. I have a feeling the tarot cards will eventually be true, and Dan and Akira are actually just additions to the original roadmap, with Akira being a good one to include sooner since she is new. I wouldn't not be surprised if Elena gets a shadow drop, and if my feeling is wrong, no biggie!

Only change I'd make with this style of presentation is have another one or two characters with dev footage. Kenny Omega segment wasn't for me (the apparel design does nothing for me), but doesn't mean I don't want to see similar small segments for general brand updates, I'd love to see more of that actually. Very Pokemon style.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Positives from this is that the fighting game division already seems like its in better shape without Ono. That was more infromation in 20 minutes than they've given us in the last four years.

The other positives is that we can put Arthur and Kira in the bin where they belong.

Kira at least keeps crawling back after getting shit wrong time after time again. At this point people really need to stop feeding them already.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
God, I want a PS5 enhancement patch so bad.

Probably the biggest disappointment. We're going to be playing the game on PS5 and they're going to continue not taking advantage of the new hardware like they did with the PS4 Pro.

SF still seems like it has zero budget from Capcom. Post Ono era not off to the best start, IMO, even though Akira was a dope ass character choice.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
This really should've been in the roundtable. Cool stuff but it being so pie in the sky far away just amplifies the hits they are going to receive.

Akira is a dope inclusion fr though. Capcom just decided not to give them money, it seems.

Unless your name is Resident Evil, Monster Hunter or more recently DMC, you get scraps.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
Akira made up for Dan's inclusion. Looks like I'm waiting a whole year for my two characters with Oro

If the 5th character is truly a guest character, I'm gonna' hold out hope for it being Terry Bogard. If not, just give me C. Viper already

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Rose Oro and Akira is cool.

Dan is fine. Dan being the only character coming for the rest of the year and the only character with any footage not so much..

Like of course there is Corona which is why I didn't expect things soon but then Capcom decided to have this show so I expected they actually have stuff to show and release

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Is it a waste of a roster space when people like the character? I am a lifelong fan of the series and have mained Dan in multiple games. He sure as hell isn't a waste of space for me.
I'm not going to argue over your personal preference. If you like Dan then you like Dan. That's fine.

I think a character that is not strongly tied to core events in the series, is not historically a strong character, and may not be useful competitively is not a good choice for fighting game rosters especially as DLC.